Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 02:32 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,039,228 times

Advertisements

Aaah....a relaxing ice tea on the porch after work as I start the holiday weekend...think I'll pop open CD and..Blammo!!, get sucked into this thread. 13 pages later and I think a lot of you make a convincing argument for either side. Noticed more than a few here mention how off topic the thread has become. Ehh...not so much turmoil imo; the morals/values/cultural practices of various countries were bound to come up. Thread would've died after pg 3 if it stayed on Korean K9 Kwizine.

I think it was important to mention the cruelty and torture involved, as hard as it is to hear about. With every passing birthday, I find myself crossing more and more animals off my diet. Wouldn't surprise me if i become a vegetarian one day. I will miss steak and those nice leather boots...perhaps. My conscience digs away at me & & somehow I find myself saying "OK, i won't eat anymore mammals cuz i end up with guilty indigestion...but fish and fowel are ok". Where do we draw the line? It becomes a personal line for all of us.

My friend eats venison almost every day - hasn't purchased meat ever. He uses every bit of the animal for many things; not one bit is wasted. He strives for a quick and clean kill. All this because he sees the deer as a true life-sustaining gift - indicative to his Native American culture. A Moroccan friend views the goat he must slaughter once a year to be a blessing from Allah. Who am I to believe either one is wrong? Neither goes about the killing with torture, and that to me is a bigger point made many times t/o this thread.

So until I guilt myself into a tofu ceasars...I'm gonna storm the nearest Joe's Crab Shack, leaving my carbon footprint all over, and tear into some lobster tail. I heard they die as soon as they hit the boiling water....or they don't register fear or pain...something like that. I'll get over it. For now!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:44 PM

985 posts, read 1,855,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Dog meat was commonly eaten in Germany well into the 20th century.

Really? I read about some towns in Saxony, but I doubt that it was common in Germany, at least not when there was enough other food available. Horsemeat yes, but dogs?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World