Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 08:13 PM

133 posts, read 220,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemation View Post
I would not call any Media product coming from Hollywood "American". Since the 20's, most directors and producers were European and now is International. It's more like a round-trip.

Americanization does not mean anything, does not change things. Germans were extremely americanized in their 20's and early 30's, even the VW was an American concept, etc...and it did not change a thing. In fact, the main cause of the rise of Hitler was the withdrawal of US investments in Germany in 1930.

So Mickey Mouse and Coca Cola are not Americanization no more.
So America get's no credit for it's TV and movies but it is responsible for Hitler? You haters are pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 08:35 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,523,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevike View Post
So America get's no credit for it's TV and movies but it is responsible for Hitler? You haters are pathetic.
Lol they are everywhere on the internet, i find it entertaining though so i dont care

Old 08-12-2012, 08:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,112,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
European countries like Bulgaria and Romania.
One time I listened to a Romanian radio station and it was almost all American pop music.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:59 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,614,700 times
What is 'Americanization'?

Is becoming a developed nation, eating out, talking on mobile phones and watching TV considered 'American'? If so, then 90% of the world has become 'Americanized', if the US owns these traits.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:41 PM

127 posts, read 198,544 times
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Iran

I'd like to say the Vatican too

Old 08-12-2012, 11:57 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,742,204 times
Cuba, Bhutan, Burma, Mongolia, North Korea, Papa New Guinea, a few others in Central Asia (ie Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kazakstan, etc), a few Pacific Island countries (ie Kiribati), and most of Africa. Basically anyplace in the world with a combination of the following:

a) either does not have direct flights from the US
b) are pretty isolated
c) does not have US businesses and/or chains operating there
d) whose governments are unfriendly towards the US government
e) are very impoverished
f) all of the above

Old 08-13-2012, 04:19 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,900,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemation View Post
I would not call any Media product coming from Hollywood "American". Since the 20's, most directors and producers were European and now is International. It's more like a round-trip.

Americanization does not mean anything, does not change things. Germans were extremely americanized in their 20's and early 30's, even the VW was an American concept, etc...and it did not change a thing. In fact, the main cause of the rise of Hitler was the withdrawal of US investments in Germany in 1930.

So Mickey Mouse and Coca Cola are not Americanization no more.
Well what is it then? European? Even though it was made in the United States for an American Audience? Sorry but those programmes are nothing like European programmes sorry. They are American.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:22 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,900,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
One time I listened to a Romanian radio station and it was almost all American pop music.
Ok that may be the case like many other European countries, but on the surface they are still very much into their own culture. From my experience the UK and Ireland are the only countries in Europe that have really Americanised. I have been to quite a few countries in Europe and we are really the only area where you can widely get American foods (in most shops). They in Europe seem to eat their own foods- meaning they don't have very many American brands.

They don't really have as much American TV either.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:07 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,145,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Alot of what you heard might have been Romanian artists, they often sing in English because it is more marketable (though yes, they play alot of American stuff, but they do everywhere). Romanian pop is on the rise. Inna is their leading artist, the epitome of the sexy Romanian woman.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:32 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,389,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Are you sure about that? There are at least 100 American Tv Channels on SKY and counting. It has never been so high.
You have over 100 American channels? That is twice as many as most Americans get. Brits are being Americanized faster than Americans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World