Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 04:23 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Smails View Post
You seriously underestimate the task in front of you. In almost every country save Somalia or someplace similarly exciting, you're going to need a work visa. For most civilised countries you need either a) family connections b) money or c) skills in high demand.

Unless you have one or more of the three or are willing to set up shop in a lawless hinterland - and I do mean this in the kindest way - you should learn to be happy where you are.
Most Americans who have any kind of professional skill and a corresponding degree or diploma can usually find a way to work in most third world countries. They are in need of skilled people, to at least work in a capacity of adviser, if not hands on. However, if the American in question can only do some kinds of unskilled grunt work, it is almost impossible to work legally. If you could, you'd be living in poverty on the local wages, without family ties to help support you.

Such a work visa, for a professional, is not easily gained on site -- usually, employers hire through an agency that can screen and supply foreign experts for those jobs. But if you have the time and resources, you can go there as a visitor and try to meet and network with people who can open doors for you. Or marry someone there, if you are still available to do so.

As for going to a developed country, they know that you have no health insurance, and you are not welcome to come there and get in on theirs. They have plenty of people in their own country that can do what you do.

Last edited by jtur88; 08-21-2012 at 04:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 07:20 PM

794 posts, read 1,409,074 times
Babylon fell 3,500 years ago. Past time to flee, I'd say, candycane.

Or should I call you Sherry? (da duh du DAH!)

Old 08-21-2012, 11:06 PM

317 posts, read 412,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candycane222 View Post
Judge_smails....

I am a free individual who can travel where I choose. I do not have to live any place I do not
want to be. If I am not happy any place It is my choice to move. I did not ask for an opinion
or someones feelings. I asked for advice to migrate. I have lots of money and not much time.
Where I live the judgment of the Most High God will be upon. You may not understand this, but
Babylon has fallen and it it time to flee. I already said to much. Please kindly don not take offense to
my words. But I am serious and nothing will detour me. All information given by people with the knowledge
I need has been greatly appreciated and executed. Thanks to all. And this is my thoughts: If you do not like something, change it. You can do anything you put your mind to do. And i am happy where ever I am . But I choose my own destiny
as long as it is in the Will of God.
It's actually not entirely up to you where you live. The authorities of the place you choose to settle actually do have the final say. It's not a matter of my opinion, your choice of destiny or the judgement of any god.

Fortunately for you, you have cash, which improves your chances considerably.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:00 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
You have indicated in your profile that you are expecting childbirth. You should know that your children born in other countries will NOT be entitled to citizenship of that country, except for North and South America. Palostam and Cambodia. Your children born in Europe, Africa or Asia will still have the rock of American citizenship handing around their necks.

Jus soli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM

20 posts, read 17,322 times
by meshing with there culture.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:05 AM

1 posts, read 593 times
Default Immigration from Egypt

I am an Egyptian , what is the easiest citizenship I can gain and what are the requirements and procedures?

Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,907,803 times
Dominica is easiest - if you have the money Overseas Exile: Buying Citizenship in Dominica
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World