Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Ashkenazi Jews more European or Asian?
Ashkenazi Jews are mostly European with a bit of Asian 32 50.79%
Ashkenazi Jews are roughly half Hebrew, half European 24 38.10%
Ashkenazi Jews are mostly of Asian origin but with some European 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 03:03 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,903,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
And mixed with North Africans.
True.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:20 AM

11,651 posts, read 12,943,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Middle Easterners ARE Asians.

And good article.
Yes, they're from that continent but you just can't call them "Asian". It just seems unorthodox. People use that word in a racial manner for oriental/east Asian people (and it rightfully belongs to them).

So that scruffy, olive skinned guy from Italy is "European" and a guy with the same features in Lebanon is "Asian"? It doesn't work since they both look of the same race...

For people of the Near East and Southern Europe I'd use the term Mediterranean. So, Ashkenazi Jews are half Mediterranean and Eastern European.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Middle Easterners ARE Asians.

And good article.
Technically, one could refer to the landmass as EurAsiAfrica!

Old 08-19-2014, 05:37 AM

Genes Suggest European Women at Root of Ashkenazi Family Tree

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/09/sc...inds.html?_r=0

Old 08-19-2014, 05:43 AM

Most Ashkenazi Jews are genetically Europeans, surprising study finds - NBC News

Old 11-26-2014, 07:57 AM

3 posts, read 13,990 times
Ashkenazi Jews are a mixture of East Europeans and Asians. Due to a natural extermination of the poorest, many have become high IQ briliant survivors.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:33 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,202,751 times
My grandpa is a Russian Jew, but is pretty tan and has dark hair and dark (hazel, if you count that) eyes. My grandma is not Jewish, but Russian; blonde, pale, and blue-eyes. My dad has the dark hair and eyes, but is paler. I'm Jewish too, but because my mom's Black, I probably look more like a Mizrahi Jew than anything. I've got curly light brown hair, brown eyes and I'm tan.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Yes, they're from that continent but you just can't call them "Asian". It just seems unorthodox. People use that word in a racial manner for oriental/east Asian people (and it rightfully belongs to them).

So that scruffy, olive skinned guy from Italy is "European" and a guy with the same features in Lebanon is "Asian"? It doesn't work since they both look of the same race...

For people of the Near East and Southern Europe I'd use the term Mediterranean. So, Ashkenazi Jews are half Mediterranean and Eastern European.
Not everywhere uses the term "Asian" to refer to peoples from Central Asia or the Far East...first of all, here we also consider South Asians to be "Asian", and they certainly don't "look Oriental" for the most part...secondly, in the UK, when people use the term Asian, they generally are referring to South Asian people (Indians, Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, etc), while East/Central Asians are just called "Oriental" or referred to as their nationality (Chinese, Korean, etc). There are some countries--I believe Iceland, or Germany, or something--where "Asian" just refers to anyone who is a descendent from people of that continent, be they Iranian, Armenian, Arab, Mizrahi Jew, Sri Lankan, or Japanese. That is how WE should use the term too.

And, Italians and Lebanese often look different anyways. While they usually have the same skin tone (a light tan), their facial features are a bit different. Italians are more likely to have light hair and light eyes than Lebanese people. Lebanese people are likely to have curlier hair, bigger noses, and bigger-but-oval-shapes eyes.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:43 AM

3 posts, read 13,990 times
The small penis of most Ashkenazim Jews is a reminder of their Asiatic mixture. Sephardi Jews have the larger penis due to an absence of Asiatic roots. The different sizes of both groups are held true by any observer. Chinese are notorious for small penises and Africans have the larger size. Prostitutes hold these statements to be a fact.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpeexxx View Post
The small penis of most Ashkenazim Jews is a reminder of their Asiatic mixture. Sephardi Jews have the larger penis due to an absence of Asiatic roots. The different sizes of both groups are held true by any observer. Chinese are notorious for small penises and Africans have the larger size. Prostitutes hold these statements to be a fact.
...What??? I can assure you that not all these stereotypes are true in all cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.