Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 09:52 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
first of all, read my post. I never said Oakland got MORE international tourist than Houston, I simply said it got a lot. I never compared the numbers of each. I just stated the fact and that's it. You guys are reading stuff that was never written. No wonder this discussion is still going on.

I read your post...it was flatly wrong, which is what the poster i was responding to pointed out...you said Oakland has 3 major sports teams just like houston (and you said it twice in that post if i recall correctly)...and that is straight up incorrect....Houston DOES have 4 major sports teams...so that part was outright wrong...but i find that that sort of ignorance/laziness about researching Texas cities by non-Texans is common, and apparently im not the only one who noticed it. I was just responding to the poster who corrected it.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:00 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I read your post...it was flatly wrong, which is what the poster i was responding to pointed out...you said Oakland has 3 major sports teams just like houston (and you said it twice in that post if i recall correctly)...and that is straight up incorrect....Houston DOES have 4 major sports teams...so that part was outright wrong...but i find that that sort of ignorance/laziness about researching Texas cities by non-Texans is common, and apparently im not the only one who noticed it. I was just responding to the poster who corrected it.
Ok, that was one mistake, four not three. I don't follow any teams in Texas at all so if you want to harp on that, knock yourself out.

Everyone, because Texas has one more sports team than I was aware of, it is indeed an international city. If I had only been aware of that one fact.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:03 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
4 sports teams in sports nobody outside America care about. NBA, NFL, MLB... and MLS?

Old 02-22-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Clearly many of you have no clue about Houston, and are hanging voraciously to stereotypes - and honestly, ignorance. But hey, that's cool. If you're really not interested in learning more about Houston - Houston will survive just fine without your interest. I just think it's surprising how many people who have never been there and will probably never go there are so intent on clinging to their own negative misconceptions rather than actually learning something new about a place they so obviously know very little about.
this is my only issue...it quickly becomes evident that a lot of these people are just ignorant about Houston...which is fine, because nobody can know everything...but they try to speak about it as though they have some in depth knowledge about the place....im not from houston, but its glaringly obvious when people dont know what theyre talking about when you've actually spent a significant amount of time in Houston. I mean, one poster was basing his opinion of Houston's urbanness on google streetview...lol...google streetview!...and sounded really certain about it too...lol

I think thats why another poster said that people who live in Houston laugh at some of these posts about Houston being a bunch of uber conservatives and illegal thugs living on the edge of the bible belt, having "redneck" rodeos etc...that kind of ignorance can only be laughable to people who actually know the area.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Ok, that was one mistake, four not three. I don't follow any teams in Texas at all so if you want to harp on that, knock yourself out.

Everyone, because Texas has one more sports team than I was aware of, it is indeed an international city. If I had only been aware of that one fact.
Ditto..i dont follow any teams in Massechussetts at all either since im not from there, which is why i dont speak on their state like i know what im talking about...but if you want to disseminate misinformation and then get pi55y when others correct it then knock yourself out.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:06 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
4 sports teams in sports nobody outside America care about. NBA, NFL, MLB... and MLS?
I think Asians care about MLB. Baseball is very happening here, it's like the football or skiing of Europe.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
No, no, no. It's been settled. I missed that one fact Ariete and got an entire paragraph response to let me know it. Therefore, that one missed fact puts Houston over the top. Don't worry, you too may receive and unnecessarily long response to inform you of that.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Ditto.. if you want to disseminate misinformation and then get pi55y when others correct it then knock yourself out.
Yes, you told me. I will definitely take this into consideration

Old 02-22-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Yes, you told me. I will definitely take this into consideration
Thank you...just dont let it happen again...lol

Old 02-22-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I think Asians care about MLB. Baseball is very happening here, it's like the football or skiing of Europe.
Yeah...and i think alot of people from african countries, europe and latin american countries, and the carribean are obsessed with soccer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World