Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Canada or Sweden
Canada 28 71.79%
Sweden 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:40 AM

70 posts, read 81,912 times

Advertisements

Have done a lot of research on Canada and found them to be on nearly every single list 'Richest Country list', 'Wealthiest country list', 'Safest country list', 'Lowest crime list', 'Best places to start business' 'happiest country list'. Sweden has been on a few of these lists.

It seems to me Canada would be a better pick than Sweden to start a world-class Nightclub and Fitness Gym as it has immense potential and can pull in over 10k nightclubbers on a single night. Sweden is a neutral country and has been for quite a while, Canada is not involved in any current wars.

Now my question compare the good as well as the bad of Canada to Sweden. If I went with Sweden I would start businesses in Stockholm, now if I went with Canada where should I go. Not going with Toronto as it is fast-paced, not going with Montreal either as it is a pre-dominantly French-speaking. So which place in Canada is nicest and best overall taking everything into account?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,606,458 times
Vancouver would be best.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:21 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,191,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerrr View Post
It seems to me Canada would be a better pick than Sweden to start a world-class Nightclub and Fitness Gym as it has immense potential and can pull in over 10k nightclubbers on a single night. Sweden is a neutral country and has been for quite a while, Canada is not involved in any current wars.
Stockholm already has world-class nightclubs and gyms. Have you ever heard of Stureplan?

Old 09-15-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Stockholm already has world-class nightclubs and gyms. Have you ever heard of Stureplan?
They have bars yes, not exactly nightclubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
Vancouver would be best.
Vancouver has an extremely high property crime rate, no? And organized crime?

How does Vancouver compare with Stockholm. I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:10 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,191,573 times
Quote:
They have bars yes, not exactly nightclubs..
I think you have to do better research.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:29 AM

295 posts, read 1,155,553 times
What's the difference between a world-class nightclub and a normal one?

Old 09-15-2012, 12:50 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,529,527 times
Quote:

Vancouver has an extremely high property crime rate, no? And organized crime?

How does Vancouver compare with Stockholm. I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly.
You're overly worried about the organized crime. The problems with Vancouver are insane property prices (Stockhom has the same problem by the way), finding an appropriate locale, and competition from other clubs. If you're going to come to Canada, open up a club in Calgary, Alberta. It's a young, recently oil rich, booming city and the nightlife hasn't yet caught up to the fact that it's full of young people from all over the country with a ton of money to spend and few places to go. Move to Vancouver, or Stockholm, and you'll be a small fish in a big pond struggling to make it amongst the established venues. Move to Calgary and you'll make a friggin killing!

Also, it seems very silly to be comparing countries here. You should be comparing cities to each other, they're more relevant, Montreal is not like St. John's which is not like Vancouver which is not like Edmonton. All very different markets.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,334,386 times
Quote:
There is at least half a dozen night clubs on the square itself, not to mention the those who is located in the surrounding blocks.
Plus there is bars, cafés, restaurants, hotels.
The Stureplan area is THE place to be for the rich and famous and all the wannabes.
This is also where the international jet set and celebrities parties when they visit Stockholm.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
You're overly worried about the organized crime. The problems with Vancouver are insane property prices (Stockhom has the same problem by the way), finding an appropriate locale, and competition from other clubs. If you're going to come to Canada, open up a club in Calgary, Alberta. It's a young, recently oil rich, booming city and the nightlife hasn't yet caught up to the fact that it's full of young people from all over the country with a ton of money to spend and few places to go. Move to Vancouver, or Stockholm, and you'll be a small fish in a big pond struggling to make it amongst the established venues. Move to Calgary and you'll make a friggin killing!

Also, it seems very silly to be comparing countries here. You should be comparing cities to each other, they're more relevant, Montreal is not like St. John's which is not like Vancouver which is not like Edmonton. All very different markets.
Can I have a breakdown of the good the bad and the ugly of Vancouver, Ottowa and Calgary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
There is at least half a dozen night clubs on the square itself, not to mention the those who is located in the surrounding blocks.
Plus there is bars, cafés, restaurants, hotels.
The Stureplan area is THE place to be for the rich and famous and all the wannabes.
This is also where the international jet set and celebrities parties when they visit Stockholm.
That's terrific. We have to be talking numbers though, can it pull in over 10k occupants in a single Nightclub?

Old 09-16-2012, 07:34 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,334,386 times
Quote:
That's terrific. We have to be talking numbers though, can it pull in over 10k occupants in a single Nightclub?
Stureplan is all about exclusivity, but I don´t think any swedish night club has that capacity.
Not even for the regular deadly people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World