Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Qatar 2 0.67%
United Arab Emirates 9 3.03%
Australia 10 3.37%
Canada 38 12.79%
United States of America 165 55.56%
Singapore 14 4.71%
United Kingdom 15 5.05%
Brazil 13 4.38%
Other 31 10.44%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 05:52 PM

326 posts, read 471,118 times

Advertisements

UAE.. 90 of the uk is white british.. 16% of UAE are natives.. the rest all come from around europe, south asia, north/south america.. etc etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,214,312 times
I like polls where they show who voted for who because it makes the people that voted for not an obvious answer look clueless.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burloak View Post
Canada, with USA a close 2nd.

last 20 to 30 years, Canada multicultural Canada has become very multicultural.
Canada takes in immigrants from almost every country in the world.
Check out any large Canadian city and you will be amazed,
especially Toronto, not many US cities are as diverse, maybe NYC.
Okay first USA has way more immigrants then canada. Second USA has more diverse cities than canada. Oh yeah and tell your canadian posters to stop comparing toronto to nyc.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,741,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I like polls where they show who voted for who because it makes the people that voted for not an obvious answer look clueless.
I'm pretty sure the debate is around what is and is not "an obvious answer" though. Obvious to who....?

Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burloak View Post
I totally agree Trimac, your post imo is spot on.

However, I'm sure USA's gonna run away with this poll, as most of posters on C-D are americans
and would assume US is the number one diverse nation, and the US is diverse, relatively speaking, but
Canada and some other nations like Australia have had considerably higher % immigration
rates in recent years (about last 30 years, coincidently about the time western europeans stopped immigrating in significant numbers).

US has alot of people with non-anglo surnames, german, irish, french, polish, etc
but in most cases have been in USA a few generations and now identify mainly as americans
with almost no connection to the "old country", the "melting pot" scenario,
which imo is probably a good thing.
Its a lot harder to get into the USA then it is to get into canada or australia. Also stop saying america just won because most posters are america, honestly on this forum most people aren't american as most Americans on this website could careless about all this nonsense.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttad View Post
Personally, I don't think the USA should win this. The USA is diverse, but many of the main groups (white-excluding Middle Easterners, African American-excluding the recent migrants from Africa, and Hispanics) are Western cultured.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,741,368 times
Quote:
Its a lot harder to get into the USA then it is to get into canada or australia.
Australia's migration policy is focussed firmly on attracting skilled workers who's skills are in demand, with a lot less emphasis on family reunions. Its the better approach for all involved.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:36 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Its a lot harder to get into the USA then it is to get into canada or australia. Also stop saying america just won because most posters are america, honestly on this forum most people aren't american as most Americans on this website could careless about all this nonsense.
Uuuh; last I looked they're easily swimming across the Rio Grande but we sure aren't seeing them swim across Lake Ontario or the St. Lawrence. Just funn'n with ya.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
God this thread only shows how clueless many North Americans and westerners are about world facts.

India is culturally, linguistically, religiously and ethnically, the most diverse country in the world.

Papua New Guinea also has a plethora of languages, religions and ethnic backgrounds.

Indonesia is also not on this list and is incredibly diverse.

Also how is no African country on this list? African countries are so diverse in ethnicity and language that one person can grow up knowing 3 different native languages and over a dozen dialects in a country such as Cameroon or Nigeria.

Honestly people need to understand more about the world. Having a city with a China town and a considerable background of immigrants doesn't exactly qualify your country as "multicultural."
Yeah were talking about different ethics not those weird african tribes rolling in the jungles as which you call diverse. We ARE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE!. You just put the joke on yourself, you apparently clueless as to what we are talking about in this thread.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Uuuh; last I looked they're easily swimming across the Rio Grande but we sure aren't seeing them swim across Lake Ontario or the St. Lawrence. Just funn'n with ya.
LOL I KNOW TRUST ME. Its ridiculous how illegal immigrants just fly on over here and then theres people who has been standing in line waiting for years to get into america.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World