Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 AM

1 posts, read 966 times

Advertisements

Denmark, Signapore, and New Zealand are the best countries a far as government goes. Finland and Sweden are not far behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 04:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandem View Post
i can't help but admire how the USA got its independence from the british empire, and the principles of liberty, tolerance and freedom that it was founded upon. But we all know the USA of today is NOTHING like the USA of then. there's no freedom, everything is taxed, everything is control by the government, etc etc. which countries 1st world countries have the least government intervention today ?
I'm on the same mission as you. I want to leave the US and find a country that doesn't consider it's citizens as breeding cattle and try to poison you with chemicals and GMOs. I came across this site by googling the same question you asked.

Old 12-19-2015, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb View Post
In my experience, Canada, the USA, and France are the most 'free' nations. This is down to factors such as: tolerance of other cultures, sexual orientations, faiths, ideas, criticism of government, and generally low taxation, crime rate, obvious examples of free societies wherein a civilian may taunt their own government freely without retribution, a privilege less tolerated as distance permits. Then there would be, perhaps, the comparison between Free and Wild, or Freedom and Wilderness. The far Eastern European countries, at least the ones that qualify as Europe or not self-qualified as Slavic, would probably constitute as Poland, Bosnia, and the Ukraine as the most 'wild', but not 'free'. This is the problem of post-communist politics, the difficultly between parliaments and communism, but it's strangely something which the US shares in common - wild patches of lawlessness where the people are in control. To make things even more difficult, countries such as Finland and Sweden impose some of the most stringent taxation regimes in the world, but enjoy the happy and 'free' lifestyles without the national commitment. But it is impossible to describe Europe easily.
Poland was never communist by choice. Only for a short time after WWII but that was not our doing. I was born in Poland. Now I live in New Orleans. Not by choice but mom remarried to an American soldier when I was a child and we moved. I am also in search of a free country that does not monitor your every move, spend your tax dollars in ways that you do not desire. The US government sickens me and I cannot wait to move. I considered Australia or New Zealand, but after reading these posts, Denmark or Sweden sound like a good idea as well. Poland is my first stop, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World