Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:43 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,528,008 times

Advertisements

USA is basically a second world country now. The Quality of Life is not up to the par with real first world countries like Norway, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc. That is why you never see any American cities in the "best places to live" category anymore (and I can see the staggering difference - nowadays American cities are filthy with crumbling infrastructure). The gap between the rich 1 percenters and the rest is way out of proportion. Many americans are now obese and dumbed down. Yet they have an arrogant attitude about being greatest in the world - yes they have the best military because like USSR they are wasting away all their money on defense. USA has a lot of soul searching to do.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,460,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citynomad View Post
I think the main reason America is hated so much by other countries is because citizens of other countries are unhappy with their own life in their own home country and at the same time gets jealous of the U.S. (due to relative prosperity). The U.S is probably the most dynamic country in the world in every way. Americans can elect a moron like George W. Bush to a brilliant and respectable President like Barack Hussain Obama in a four year period.

Yes, Americans can be ignorant and arrogant but not everything is set in stone. Americans change constantly ( dynamic ). Plus, Americans admit mistakes and try to fix them.
I've tried thinking of things that make me jealous, and make me strive to live in the US, but I really can't at all. Sorry. but I have no desire to live there.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:23 AM

10,263 posts, read 12,460,070 times
Quote:
I think the main reason America is hated so much by other countries is because citizens of other countries are unhappy with their own life in their own home country and at the same time gets jealous of the U.S. (due to relative prosperity). The U.S is probably the most dynamic country in the world in every way. Americans can elect a moron like George W. Bush to a brilliant and respectable President like Barack Hussain Obama in a four year period.

Yes, Americans can be ignorant and arrogant but not everything is set in stone. Americans change constantly ( dynamic ). Plus, Americans admit mistakes and try to fix them.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 AM

363 posts, read 662,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
USA is basically a second world country now. The Quality of Life is not up to the par with real first world countries like Norway, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc. That is why you never see any American cities in the "best places to live" category anymore (and I can see the staggering difference - nowadays American cities are filthy with crumbling infrastructure). The gap between the rich 1 percenters and the rest is way out of proportion. Many americans are now obese and dumbed down. Yet they have an arrogant attitude about being greatest in the world - yes they have the best military because like USSR they are wasting away all their money on defense. USA has a lot of soul searching to do.

We are ranked in the top ten in per capita income and human development index. Also, Obama is going to cut back on military spending soon.....

Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 AM

98 posts, read 275,460 times
Thanks for posting that chart, french paris . I agree with that chart. It takes awhile to FIX America's problem after years of that MORONIC IDIOT George W. Bush Jr. And yes, America's infrastructure is crumbling...that's also being resolved with Pres. Obama (one of the greatest U.S Presidents, THANK GOD! HE WON! )

Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 AM

363 posts, read 662,615 times
Quote:
Thanks for posting that chart, french paris . I agree with that chart. It takes awhile to FIX America's problem after years of that MORONIC IDIOT George W. Bush Jr. And yes, America's infrastructure is crumbling...that's also being resolved with Pres. Obama (one of the greatest U.S Presidents, THANK GOD! HE WON! )

Thank goodness Romney wasn't elected.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:51 AM

252 posts, read 558,739 times
Quote:
I think the main reason America is hated so much by other countries is because citizens of other countries are unhappy with their own life in their own home country and at the same time gets jealous of the U.S. blah blah blah
I assure you, I, nor anyone else that I know are jealous of your small government and big bills for medical insurance and university education. Really, you can keep it.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM

27,265 posts, read 28,339,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Jealousy to what?
Very simple: Money and power.

Everybody knows which country in the world is still identified with it the most.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:00 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,460,714 times
But who really cares about power?

Old 11-25-2012, 11:02 AM

252 posts, read 558,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Very simple: Money and power.

Everybody knows which country in the world is still identified with it the most.
Why, what power do you have? Surely you don't identify yourselves with the US war machine and the
rich ass bankers on Wall St who sold you down the river - AGAIN! You can be top dog and I will choose
subsidised medicine and education thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World