Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM

681 posts, read 615,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
I grew up in a hispanic community. Hispanic women tend to like to flirt and pay attention to what they wear and how they present themselves to the opposite sex. It's a very sensual culture. I wouldn't say that the women are "horny" rather they just celebrate their sexuality (or at least the appearance of being sexy) rather than repressing it.
You took the words right out of my mouth right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,953,007 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

Anyway,

I can sense the OP is frustrated by many of the answers. His question is legit and to be asked of those that are willing to go deep and not just spit out 1 word answers with no prior thought.

Living in 3 parts of Asia for 3 years, most of the Asians I have encountered are rather reserved and conservative- why, I don't know but its a general sense. Now is every last one of them like that? No. Why are Brazilians and Dominicans large at the hips? Can it be the cross of African descendants? Is it stereo-type? Is it in the genes and is it regional? Why eastern Europeans are big boned and are strong? Please don't jump to "its a stereo-type"- think deeper than that.

Problem is people sit behind desks and make assumptions and don't think deep. Ever consider the landscape and climatic conditions of Eastern Europe and how eastern Europeans have dominated the strong world competitions? Ever look at the jaw lines of Baltic people? Ever look at the women's legs? I spent time in Russia and whenever I see a tough jaw line with a square shaped head, I can tell they are from that part of the area.

I can pin point all 5 NY borough accents from queens, long island, brookly, staten island, and a puerto rican from the bronx. Not everyone is in tuned or pays attention to that stuff. We have body language and hand-writting experts. If didn't look to go beyond the norm, then we would not have evolved as we have.

Why are Central Americans short? Is that a stereo-type?

To get to the point of the OP, there are several theories out there. But without going down the scientific road, let’s look at the region, influences, races, etc.

Why are Latin folks passionate and loud? Does that transfer over to their sexuality? Not every Latin is wild and loud but ever visit Hialeah Miami?

It can also be food and how it affects their senses. Coffee has a way of exciting the nervous system and also triggers certain sexual senses. Many Cuban men that drink strong coladas become sexually stimulated by the caffeine. But if it doesn’t happen to you, you will sit there and call it all a myth and nonsense…..

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-14-2012 at 03:35 PM..

Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,953,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I suspect he means, "Why are latin women less reserved than Eastern European women?" and the answer is culture.

People from various cultures tend to develop differently: In Latin America, people tend to be more religious and tend to converse in different ways. Also, because the mean temperatures are much higher and the weather much more humid, dress is adopted differently.

This is to be expected.
Now that is a thought. The temperature, less clothing, men observing this, women taking advantage, and history goes on... It can go anywhere....

Old 12-14-2012, 12:42 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,551,899 times
I'm no stranger to Latin women or latin culture. I onced asked a lady from Brazil I dated a few years ago, why do latin women express themselves so much. She said it's because when you are living in Latin America, death can come to you at any time, and to not give your all and express your love presents a missed opportunity. It makes sense.

I also believe latin culture is actually pretty sexually conservative. However their idea of flirting is a bit more loose than the American version.

I think there may be more linguistical roots as well. Their intonations and phonetics are more pronounced. The Brazilian lady said "romance languages are spoken with more passion". I can believe this. Slavic and gemanic languages sound harsher and flatter, where romance languages are softer.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuspl View Post
Yes, Spanish ppl are European, you have common culture with Latin A. and some behaves but inside u are different. So it looks that i will stay with my opinion - DNA.

Not everyone in Latin America has spanish blood. And the culture in spain is way different than Latin American's culture. There are SOME things adopted. But they have as much in common with SPain as the USA has with UK. There are some similarities, but there are many many many differences.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM

102,052 posts, read 106,815,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I doubt that it would be dna ,renuspl, though if I believed you (and I don`t) I would guess it to be something along the line of having been brought up to view sex as something very healthy and normal.
I've heard a lot of different things about Latinas (from guys). That the Catholic upbringing means they're inhibited. In Latin America I've heard that North American and European women are a lot more fun in bed. But a lot depends on the women. There are more traditional women, and more cosmopolitan women. Latina women aren't all cut from the same mold. Surprise, surprise.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:50 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,773,599 times
I agree with others, this is a broad generalization. However I'll take a stab at it; some Latinas I suppose grew up unable to set healthy boundaries with other people as women are raised to live for others, please others, go along with what others want, especially men, etc. Because of this some Latinas may have gotten early introductions to sex and may think its normal to be sexual even if they really don't like it. Also, if they were from strictly religious families they may have grown up not to talk about sex so they had to learn everything they could on their own about it and if they were being abused to keep their mouths shut about it. Latinas are also an open loving group of women, maybe they see no reason to hold that part of themselves back.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:54 PM

After dating quite a few latinas, they are actually pretty socially conservative. And they are NOT sexually promiscious. Being sexual with one person isn't being "loose sexually". I've dated latin women from the following countries...

Mexico
Guatemala
Columbia
Brazil (3 Brazilians at that)
El Salvador
Puerto Rico

They do have "tempermant" but Italian women are WAY worse. And those women are Europe. But I guess Italian technically is Latin, but it's a different culture.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:37 PM

17 posts, read 109,691 times
halfamazing
Thank you for such long answer, when people say that people are this same they will be, but if u start to looking for differences you will find them to, so everything depend on point of view and i am glad to speak with people which have second point of view ; )

In almost every country the culture is a thing which is natural, because people fit to that and they feel good. It is not something that somebody invent and everybody agree for that ( ok, in usa it is) In Latin A. there is patriarchy and they i think enjoy of that, but why? In Europe there was patriarchy too, but it was long time ago and like in every evolution they went further but in Latin its stay this same. So what, it looks like this is the ideal style for them and they will not go further ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
She said it's because when you are living in Latin America, death can come to you at any time, and to not give your all and express your love presents a missed opportunity.
women expressing their love, one thing - women dont have such feeling like love, they want to be loved.

so its looks like they are present people and very hedonistic but if they are so much, so next question is why? because they are smart and they know the sens of life that here i now is the most important? or maybe they are not able to think about past and future like in western countries. Going further with this thought maybe women in this area are so hedonistic so they prefer to be loved all the time, live in present and be more sexual and this is why they are very religious, because they want better life after dead and be hedonistic here, but it have no sens. A consequences of that is they are poorer and males have less money, because woman prefer present and being loved, so they cant plan own future so in consequences there is a lot desperate criminals. So it looks like the cult of macho in Latin America is a illusion, because patriarchy is desirable by women. So Latin America is ruled by Women. But they question is why? males are to stupid? ok, sex is sex, but there are other higher values in life than love and sex like freedom and expressing yourself and still this is now a answer why they are so horny : )

Old 12-14-2012, 01:47 PM

102,052 posts, read 106,815,852 times
Most of the women I've known in Latin America are far from hedonistic. (One was, but there were severe abuse issues in her childhood.) They avoid the parts of town where the foreigners (Europeans & N. Americans) live, because they consider them to be wild. And patriarchy is not "the ideal style for them". Good grief. But again, there are all kinds of women. There are class and ethnic issues, too.

Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World