Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 03:10 PM

192 posts, read 270,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
.......who would it be and why. And who would you want in exchange......
Historically speaking, I'd exchange Germany for... well... just about anyone else. Historically, mind you. Like between 1914 and 1945.

They're ok now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 03:34 PM

10,647 posts, read 16,053,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette La Bretonne View Post
Historically speaking, I'd exchange Germany for... well... just about anyone else. Historically, mind you. Like between 1914 and 1945.

They're ok now though.
Like Japan or Italy?

Old 08-12-2014, 05:15 PM

8,873 posts, read 8,462,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Some interesting locations for my country...

What do you guys think? Worse or better than current location of the Netherlands?
Most of them are worse.The current location of the Netherlands is perfect for now,awful between 1914 to 1945 though.

For the first one(South of France),Netherlands is gonna have hardcore migration problem(from Africa).

For the second one(Between Taiwan and Japan),you're gonna have earthquakes and typhoons.

For the third one(east of Japan),well I guess this is alright.

For the fourth one(west of California and Meixco),I guess this is alright.

For the fifth one(middle of SE Asia),migration problem again since most of the surrounding countries are really poor compare to Netherlands

For the sixth one(west of San Francisco),I guess this is alright.

For the seventh one(between Taiwan and HK),watch out for China because they're gonna say Netherlands is part of it.

Finally(between Korea and Japan),stuck in the middle of hatred,idk.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:53 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,417,230 times
Quote:
Some interesting locations for my country...

What do you guys think? Worse or better than current location of the Netherlands?
I bet you love to follow these earthquake hot spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
For the second one(Between Taiwan and Japan)
For the third one(east of Japan)
For the fourth one(west of California and Meixco)
For the sixth one(west of San Francisco)
Try relocate Netherlands place right next to Liancourt Rocks(Dokdo/Takeshima)... how the Korean and Japanese would react
or Senkaku Islands for the Chinese instead of Korean lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liancourt_Rocks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senkaku_Islands

Old 08-13-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post

Finally(between Korea and Japan),stuck in the middle of hatred,idk.
It (my country) could make a natural bridge between South Korea and Japan
Bet it would make a very popular vacation spot in the weekends for the Koreans and Japanese since marijuana is very illegal in those countries.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:11 AM

We worked very well with the Japanese before, We were the only European country for like 200 years the Japanese wanted to do business with, maybe its because we had good manners and didn't try to convert the local population to christianity or islam.

Nagasaki a couple hundred years ago...

Old 08-13-2014, 01:17 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,351,165 times
Quote:
We worked very well with the Japanese before, We were the only European country for like 200 years the Japanese wanted to do business with, maybe its because we had good manners and didn't try to convert the local population to christianity or islam.

Google "Shimabara Rebellion". The Netherlands had helped the Japanese to massacre 27000 Japanese Christians. Other European nations refused to do so and consequently had to leave the country.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Google "Shimabara Rebellion". The Netherlands had helped the Japanese to massacre 27000 Japanese Christians. Other European nations refused to do so and consequently had to leave the country.
The Japanese did most of the killing, we just provided them with gunpowder and cannons.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:32 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,882,178 times
In a heartbeat, I would cross the Pyrenees and settle down in Spain (not the Catalan part, though)

Old 08-13-2014, 05:37 AM

8,873 posts, read 8,462,534 times
Quote:

Yeah I'm well-aware of that,lol.

And yes Netherlands would be the bridge of Korea and Japan lol,but watch out for North Korea,she's a crazy *****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World