Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:45 PM

40 posts, read 30,666 times

Advertisements

Also if you look up quotes on jews you will see churchill him self wrote an article on the jews he was not to kinda...so dont think hitler was the only person who hated them in fact many of our forefathers in america had something to say about them if i can find the site ill link it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,397,491 times
Yeah, I agree with you Southerntraveler14 - Churchill was no friend of the Jews, in fact few in Europe (or even the US) were (sadly that is still somewhat the case). That's a big part of the reason Hitler was able to get away with persecuting them for so long. Dispite the NAZI claims, the Jews really had no friends in high places - not in Britain or anywhere else - so it was all too easy for folks to simply turn a blind eye to what was going on.

There is a big difference though between not particularly liking Jews and sending them to the ovens.

Ken

Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 PM

FYI -

My handle "LordBalfor" is derived from THE Lord Balfour - English Prime Minister and author of the Balfour Declaration - the famous document where it was first suggested that a Jewish Homeland be set up in Israel. Like many people of his day, Balfour was no fan of the Jews and in fact the reason he put forth the proposal was to give the Jews of the Empire a place to go so that they would LEAVE.

Having said that, I wish to state for the record that I didn't choose the name as any kind of honor to Lord Balfour. I just like the name so that's what I took (though I changed the spelling).

Ken

Old 10-19-2007, 07:22 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,455,498 times
imho these were great leaders

Jesus christ
Mahatma Gandhi
Paramahansa Yogananda

Old 10-23-2007, 05:55 AM

896 posts, read 1,867,335 times
Michael Collins.

Erwin Rommel.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:56 AM

78,879 posts, read 61,063,313 times
1. Ghandi...basically liberated his people from under one of the most powerful nations in the world without turning it into a burning ruin. Also helped challenge the caste system etc.

2. George Washington. US independence and didn't get killed in the process or his country destroyed like several other so called "great leaders" people have listed here.
Leading people off a cliff doesn't make you a great leader...it makes you the 1st lemming.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1. Ghandi...basically liberated his people from under one of the most powerful nations in the world without turning it into a burning ruin. Also helped challenge the caste system etc.

2. George Washington. US independence and didn't get killed in the process or his country destroyed like several other so called "great leaders" people have listed here.
Leading people off a cliff doesn't make you a great leader...it makes you the 1st lemming.

Good choices - and good reasoning.

Ken

Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,451,166 times
bill clinton

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 10-26-2007 at 09:56 PM..

Old 10-26-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
bill clinton

Gee, that's about as likely to start a flame war as posting GW.

The hatred for those two guys by the opposite side borders on the psychotic.

Ken

Old 11-29-2007, 04:46 AM

31 posts, read 133,787 times
It is so questionable thread... What is the criteria to point out the best?
Is that millitary campains? Or is that how many people were saved? Or is that how is somebody rulled the country? Or what kind of reforms were produced?
It is very hard to say who is the best, because there are numbers of the historical events, which were changed through the time of the written history in one or another turn acceptable by people during different times. Also there are not one political leader in the world rulles/d without a numbers of advisers for his/her actions and "brain washing" for the mass.

Or perhaps criteria is how many followers and supporters leader has/had?

Then Walt Disney # 1.
Homer, Schekspire (hope I spelled him right), "Beatles"

Karl Marx and his oppositioner Adam Smith. Both theoretics divided the world into 2 parts of the ideology - how to run economy. Still both of them, perhaps without their own knowledge about that, have a lot of followers and supporters around the world. Big mess, so - ouch!!!

Millitary campains - Alexander the Great, Kutuzov - because their unpredictable movements for their enemies and saving their own solders.

Political arena:
Julius Ceasar - right time, right place, right movements.
George Washington - right time, right place, right movements.
Piter the Great - right time, right place, right movements.
Margarett Tetcher (maybe I misspelled) - iron lady, but right time, right place, right movements.
M. Ghandy - right time, right place, right movements.

Regards.

p.s.: Hitler was mentaly ill and had a lot of personal issues to deal with, so Stalin, so Ivan the Terrible, so Calligula, so Bonaparte, I guess, Lenin too, had something going on and so many others. Because of the illness or the personal issues - all of them ended up being very bloody, with the bloody reforms to run things inside and outside the country.
Because of low self-esteem at first, like personalities, or some event within their personal life, receiving the political power and having their personalities issues, they needed to have exit for their inside anger or whatever was inside their brain. Well, I just could not rate them like the best world leaders because of their personal health problems or another personal issues predominated in their decisions, so they weren't normal themselves. If they would - nobody knows how historical events would turned for them like for the leaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World