Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Yes and these things are true i spent an hour gathering information...
What is true is that America is the BEST for you but not for others. Where did you gather your information...on the Internet? Like the commercial says "if it says so on the Internet then it must be true. ROTFFLMFAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 10:03 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Its going great we are finally moving forward after many years of debate, who is funding it and when it will start. Last week Duke Energy and the city finally agreed on where to put the water pipes to make room for the streetcar. The streetcar is probably going to open in 2015 or 2016, thanks for asking
Very nice, seems like a lot of American cities have been building street car or light railsystems lately.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 7 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlanderinOC View Post
I think this survey is more talking about growing up in the country, not necessarily being "born" there. I have friends who are white Americans that were born in Singapore and Hong Kong, but they grew up in the US and so did their parents before them. Therefore, why is where you born THAT relevant?
Yeah, the exact wording and arrangement of words can make a difference in perception.

The economist intelligence survey index could have said a more informative title such as “Best countries to be born into, grow up, raised, and have a life in.” However, it is easy to assume everything the survey index was referring to.

The survey should have also included more information, and standards/indicators they used to rank countries that I said in post number 75/page 8.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 7 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
Quote:
How is it brainwashing everything the post said was true, their is a reason why we are called the land of opunity, we have the best military in the world, best researchers, most best universites, great cost of living, highest GDP, one of the most advanced in technology, we invented things like City Data, diversity, a lot of companies such as Coke, Apple, Microsoft, Ford and lots more, are people won the most noble prizes then any other country, social mobility, America has greater social equality then any other country, people live very long, America has found solution to equality, freedom of speech, best tv. shows, movies and music, i could go on and on but i still do love the UK, Ireland, Canada and other countries
There is a lot of other countries in the world where plenty of similar impressive qualities can be found, so I wouldn’t mention USA exclusively by itself when mentioning so many of those characteristics.

Plenty of countries are good, vibrant, inviting, stable places to be born into and have a life in, with nice opportunities, intellectual, ambitious, friendly, exciting people, their own unique kind of diversity, best universities, technology, beneficial cost of living, businesses/companies, certain forms of innovation, people winning the nobel prizes, social mobility, equality, long life expectancy, freedom of speech, movies, music, etc.

These are the countries where most to all of that can be found: France, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Taiwan, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Norway, Denmark, Japan, Singapore, Belgium, Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Czech Republic, Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam, China, and some other countries too.

The idea of nobel prize did not even originate from the USA, it originally came from Sweden and Norway. Some countries have a higher average life expectancy compared to the USA. Some European countries have more social equality in certain aspects compared to USA such as Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, etc.

At least you said you love a lot of other countries too.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,214,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
There is a lot of other countries in the world where plenty of similar impressive qualities can be found, so I wouldn’t mention USA exclusively by itself when mentioning so many of those characteristics.

Plenty of countries are good, vibrant, inviting, stable places to be born into and have a life in, with nice opportunities, intellectual, ambitious, friendly, exciting people, their own unique kind of diversity, best universities, technology, beneficial cost of living, businesses/companies, certain forms of innovation, people winning the nobel prizes, social mobility, equality, long life expectancy, freedom of speech, movies, music, etc.

These are the countries where most to all of that can be found: France, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Taiwan, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Norway, Denmark, Japan, Singapore, Belgium, Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Czech Republic, Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam, China, and some other countries too.

The idea of nobel prize did not even originate from the USA, it originally came from Sweden and Norway. Some countries have a higher average life expectancy compared to the USA. Some European countries have more social equality in certain aspects compared to USA such as Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, etc.

I understand these countries too can be found of but it wasn't the point.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
What is true is that America is the BEST for you but not for others. Where did you gather your information...on the Internet? Like the commercial says "if it says so on the Internet then it must be true. ROTFFLMFAO
Where else are you going to gather your information? I think your afriad that i do have sources and you dont want to see them because you know its true. Just say Cali please provide me with sources.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:15 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:

Best list ever. Social mobility, equality, freedom of speech... and Thailand, China, Vietnam? Vibrant, beneficial cost of living... and Spain, Italy?

You seem to leave out my country all the time, though it's one of the highest on all these kind of lists. Wonder why.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:

Anyway your list makes no sense...some of the criteria you listed like diversity to South Korea is a little weird.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:13 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,233 times
Quote:
Where else are you going to gather your information? I think your afriad that i do have sources and you dont want to see them because you know its true. Just say Cali please provide me with sources.
Not afraid at all. Just give me your sources so I can see for myself. Like I said this country is best for you and me but not for eveyone. The person from Finland has every right to say his country is the best for him. Many nations are far ahead of where we are socially, economically etc. Unqualified bragging is not a virtue . Besides to make such an absolute statement infers that you have had the experience of living and working in all these other countries. I don't think that is possible.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
How is it brainwashing everything the post said was true, their is a reason why we are called the land of opunity, we have the best military in the world, best researchers, most best universites, great cost of living, highest GDP, one of the most advanced in technology, we invented things like City Data, diversity, a lot of companies such as Coke, Apple, Microsoft, Ford and lots more, are people won the most noble prizes then any other country, social mobility, America has greater social equality then any other country, people live very long, America has found solution to equality, freedom of speech, best tv. shows, movies and music, i could go on and on but i still do love the UK, Ireland, Canada and other countries

Yawn. Not for long. Large numbers of Americans don't even believe in "science". Besides military (and huge expenditures to keep it going), tell me exactly where we stand in quality of life like healthcare access and affordability, time off from work, public transport, social safety (crime), etc., etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World