Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where is better to live United States or Australia?
United States 110 53.66%
Australia 58 28.29%
Stay in UK 15 7.32%
Other 22 10.73%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:33 PM

36 posts, read 212,663 times

Advertisements

Hey, My family is thinking about moving to United States... well me more, but they are just unsure and they like Australia as well as me also coz my mum has family out there.
This well be a very big move, so we want to get it right... i'm sure they are both great places to live, but whats the best overall?
We live in the UK at the moment, but want a new start.
I will be very greatful for replys and if you can answer the poll also, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 PM

895 posts, read 2,365,600 times
What is your reason for leaving australia? I think australia and US in general are very similar countries, even the urban lay out of the cities is nearly the same. Though according to many studies your quality of life is higher in australia. But it depends what sort of job you have lined up. If you have a masters or PHD you will live better in the US since wages are better, if not US will be more expensive (healthcare etc).

Old 05-26-2009, 04:53 PM

I put i live in the UK, but they are thinking baout US and AU to live.
We won't to leave UK coz we have family over there and none really here and with the new start in life.
I just some info about both of the places from both US and AU.
I like looking up alot of info about places to make sure im everything.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:23 PM

Oops sorry! Well i actually think australia is more akin to the US than to UK. Maybe the accent and some sort of local culture is more similar to the UK but the cities in australia and the politics are alike to that of the USA. I think Australia might be a better choice, but it depends what you plan on doing. If you want to start kind of new than australia is good, US is better if you have a higher degree and if you do than choose USA.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:39 PM

129 posts, read 555,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Oops sorry! Well i actually think australia is more akin to the US than to UK. Maybe the accent and some sort of local culture is more similar to the UK but the cities in australia and the politics are alike to that of the USA. I think Australia might be a better choice, but it depends what you plan on doing. If you want to start kind of new than australia is good, US is better if you have a higher degree and if you do than choose USA.

Have you ever lived in Australia?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:43 PM

No but i've visited there almost every summer for like 10 years (ive been to australia 8 times).

Old 05-27-2009, 01:03 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Australia and the US are more similar than the US and the UK.

I agree with Nihonkitty

Old 05-27-2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Its fine.
My family is more up for Australia as well coz they are not sure on the crime etc in the US.
If the choose Australia they wanted to go to Queensland and if the US maybe New Hampshire coz alot of people said its a nice state.
Non of us have a degree, but have not to much of bad jobs here.
Also been told Australia has not been hit as hard for the resession, unlike UK or US.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:16 AM

44 posts, read 96,830 times
I would pick the U.S. because Australia is too far from everywhere, + opposite seasons from the U.S. & UK

The U.S. is also closer to Europe

Old 05-28-2009, 07:22 PM

60 posts, read 171,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_91 View Post
The U.S. is also closer to Europe
why does this matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World