Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy97701 View Post
We Americans are good people as a whole, but we are just one country out of so many. Most people's home countries are "the best" to them, but they don't expect everybody in the world to agree, as most Americans do (in my observation).

Imagine an English guy talking like the UK is the best country in the world (which never happens, right?). Most Americans hearing that would be quick to disagree, and point out why they disagree.

It goes both ways.
Correct!

And it would therefore follow that would equally apply to perceived insults or "bashing" as it's being hypothesized with this thread. To and Fro.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:43 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainelander View Post
I love your venom and hate, especially from a hippie!

Look at you! any excuse to say horrendous tings and you think thats not arrogance?
Sadly you represent the average frenchman or brit- not much to boast about but sit back on your "heritage" and think you have room to talk about other countries.
Lol,

of all the threads you could of bumped, you bumped this one?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 PM

742 posts, read 1,227,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Get over yourselves, the "average" Brit or Frenhman/women have their own sh*t to worry about. The hypocrisy is UNREAL on this forum, Americans accusing countries of what they are constantly guilty of themselves. Americans start these threads not Europeans.
and yet here YOU are and other europeans posting hate.
The issue here is not american arrogance, but the irony of europeans calling americans arrogant.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 PM

742 posts, read 1,227,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Bashing the U.S. is no different or prevalent than U.S. citizens bashing other countries or their citizens or are you so biased you actually think so.
blatantly untrue.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
I am posting, on a forum I have posted on for years, not hate but opinions. YOU are just thin skinned, hot headed and easily offended.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:04 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaah, so that's, it you don't understand any other humour but your own so the rest of the world must adapt or be accused of being . . .meanies?
It has nothing to do with me understanding anything. The comedian wasn't funny.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:16 PM

557 posts, read 672,765 times
Quote:
Seriously, whatever you say! There is hardly anyone living from the darkest chapters of our worst faults. I don't deny we have faults anyroad.
That depends on the country you're from. European countries like the UK have committed far more crimes against humanity than the US. Other countries like Canada and Australia have never been a superpower, and therefore have never been tested. So if we compare the US with previous Superpowers, the US is much kinder nation.

Quote:
You think your country is the only country where the media and books etc hold people to account? lol
You cannot deny that US problems receive more exposure than any other country via news, tv, movies, music, etc. Prime example of uneven coverage: the BBC does a documentary on US poverty, but doesn't do one for Canada or Australia, even though all countries have similar poverty levels.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 PM

26 posts, read 15,562 times
The USA gets more coverage on its problems because the USA gets more coverage on everything. Because the USA gets more broadcast. All slights and perceived slights by the USA are way more broadcast. Therefore way more responses.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM

557 posts, read 672,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
How do warfare deaths not count?
Obviously, soldiers that die during warfare are not considered innocent people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Thousands of civilians died in US concentration camps in the Philippines-American war, mostly through the starvation and disease endemic in these barbaric places (they weren't death camps but regular concentration camps are almost as bad). I think its reasonable for America to be considered responsible for those deaths, not just the straight up atrocities and direct killings that happened suppressing that war of independence so the Philippines could be annexed as a colony and oppressed for 47 years.

Funding proxy wars is often even worse, which I think was the argument that was being made, because it's so easy to do and the country doesn't even have to feel guilty about it.

Again, indirect deaths do not count.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
I look forward to the day when China becomes the dominant superpower, then I will chime in on the China bashing.

That is all.. people hate whomever is on top..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World