Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:31 AM

1,370 posts, read 3,061,165 times

Advertisements

I'll go anywhere really, as long as I know I'll be safe and have at least some comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 12:35 AM

4,035 posts, read 10,312,927 times
Israel.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 AM

14,824 posts, read 12,080,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
The country I've most hesitant to visit is England.

I'm not that excited to spend a lot of money in an expensive country with worse weather than the Pacific Northwest and full of pasty-faced white people with bad teeth and overpriced restaurants and hotels.

Not to say I wouldn't leap at a trip to England--but all the same, it's pretty low on my list, unless the British pound loses value and it's suddenly a bargain...
Well thats a shame because we sure as hell would love to have tourists just like you!! Perhaps if you ever make it accross you could tell us all to our faces that we are all pasty faced with bad teeth, Im sure the locals will thank you for your honesty. I thought the term 'ugly American' was just a stereotype (a bit like the bad teeth, pasty faced thing) but obviously it isnt!!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,111,567 times
Mexico, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, India, countries ending in "stan", Papua New Guinea, Brazil, Venezuela, China, Russia and the vast majority of the Middle East and Africa.

It would probably be a lot easier to list the countries I'd actually like to visit lol.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM

105 posts, read 203,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refreshed View Post
countries I have no interest visiting-

California

Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 AM

260 posts, read 338,489 times
There are countries I wouldn't want to visit because of safety reasons and countries that I'm just not intrigued with to actually travel there. Many of the countries that aren't safe to me are places I'd love to see otherwise.

Countries/Regions I'm just not that interested in are:

Most of Central and South America
New Zealand
Southeast Asia
Spain
Portugal
Eastern Europe
Most of the Carribean

Countries/Regions I'd like to visit if they were safer:

India
Much of the Middle East (Including Turkey)
China
Mexico
Mid-Southern Africa

Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,561,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Well thats a shame because we sure as hell would love to have tourists just like you!! Perhaps if you ever make it accross you could tell us all to our faces that we are all pasty faced with bad teeth, Im sure the locals will thank you for your honesty. I thought the term 'ugly American' was just a stereotype (a bit like the bad teeth, pasty faced thing) but obviously it isnt!!
Oh, don't be so sensitive, it was a joke regarding common stereotypes. I could care less if you want to make jokes about fat-ass Americans, I'm not especially fond of Americans and I travel other places than US to get away from Americans. I just England find way too expensive for what you get, even compared to the rest of Europe, that's why it's lower on the list of countries to visit. If I had a free ticket to London, I'd be excited to go tomorrow.

If I would've made a comment that I had no interest in visiting the entirety of Africa or the Middle East or Latin America, no one would be shedding a tear...

Actually my girlfriend would love to travel to England, as she's a huge fan of your comedy and old people mystery shows. However I remind her that I'm still peeved about Oliver Cromwell pillaging the land of my forefathers, so I'll spend my hard-earned money on the other side of the channel...

Last edited by Deezus; 02-08-2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM

24 posts, read 24,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
The country I've most hesitant to visit is England.

I'm not that excited to spend a lot of money in an expensive country with worse weather than the Pacific Northwest and full of pasty-faced white people with bad teeth and overpriced restaurants and hotels.

Not to say I wouldn't leap at a trip to England--but all the same, it's pretty low on my list, unless the British pound loses value and it's suddenly a bargain...
LOL SO WRONG, London hardly has as many White people in it anymore.

Now you get a lot of minorities with bad teeth!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,561,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by These Are Words View Post
LOL SO WRONG, London hardly has as many White people in it anymore.

Now you get a lot of minorities with bad teeth!
Wah wah wah...
<rim shot>

Old 02-08-2013, 01:12 PM

6,613 posts, read 12,118,085 times
Probably countries I'm not even thinking about right now. If I had to pick one, I'd say Kazakhstan, if it looks anything like in "Borat", lol. I also wouldn't care to visit Iraq, Iran, or Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World