Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 05:35 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,258,262 times

Advertisements

Snow plows that drive like maniacs. Can leave some nasty scars. Burns like hell with all the salt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 AM

33 posts, read 85,266 times
Ill make one for argentina's biggest cities (buenos aires, rosario, cordoba) as they have very little in common with the rest of the country (which is much more liveable)

Buenos Aires, Rosario, Cordoba:

Worst:

-Insecure as hell. You know you and your family will be robbed ...the question is if the criminal let you live. And if you are thinking about going out alone in the outside area i guarantee you will be robbed and maybe killed (it depends on the criminals mood)
-Dirty (i cant say how dirty they are with mere words). Monkeys (aka people) dont know that trash (liek them) must be throw at bins not in the streets. Its disgusting.
-Traffic. You want to get to your destiny in time.....better dont go driving...you wont make it.
-Public transportation......want to get anywhere in time.....you better leave at least 1 hour earlier...delays and cancelations take place on a daily basis.
-I dont remember if i said that it was insecure. If you are robbed or shoted deal with it by yourself. Policeman cant and wont do nothing to help.
-Corruption. Policitians take a 10/10 here. They take all the cake. And more. Our beloved president Cristina (aka "the great") believes that the mob must idolize her. She has no obligation to her people but we must adore her blindly. She is just a huge piece of scum.
-Drugs = politicians + corruption.
-Weather: Extremely humid to my taste but i admit that people who love hot almost all year long will put this as a good thing. And it rains very little.
-Social inequity: Consequence of the lack of education and the long term politics in the educational area.
-Economy: Inflation rate is HUGE...not less than around 35% annualy if not more (in fact its probably much more but we dont have reliable information)
-People who rate Bs As as one of the best cities to live or visit (it isnt)
-Living here not realizing that its not a place to live or raise a family

Best
-Lots of job opportunities as they are big citties
-Lots and more of night life (i dislike it but whatever...and im not old its just that im tired of this place and cant see even the good things)
-Cultural activities (lots)
-It rains very little (altough i like rainning)
-Helthcare: Everyone can have access to hospitals (its free)
-People is very friendly and will try to help as much as possible (in fact people try to do what the government should like providing safety, assistance in case of natural disasters and lots of other things)
-Moving away to other cities in argentina or abroad.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:15 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,521,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
For United States:

American Suburbia

Cuisine

Music

Hollywood

National Parks

Big cars, Big homes, Big everything

Our neighbors

American Individualism

American frontier history

Dislikes :

Political Correctness

3rd world immigrants and refugees

Ghetto cities

Thug culture

Some people do some really dumb things, development below sea level, near flood zones or on the edge of cliffs.
Quote:
2 more things i thought of -
Like :
We get alot of attention

Dislike :
A lot of people worry too much about how other people live and can't mind their own business.
One more thing to add: under (Dislike) is Obsession with race.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:57 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,903,910 times
^^^

You dislike 3rd world immigrants and refugees?

Old 09-01-2014, 01:02 PM

The ones that are not "Americanized" (by choice) yes but are you asking me clarify or are you trying to link that to my post about obsession with race?

Old 09-01-2014, 01:17 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,903,910 times
Quote:
The ones that are not "Americanized" (by choice) yes but are you asking me clarify or are you trying to link that to my post about obsession with race?
Clarify about 3rd world immigrants and refugees... I see that as more of a positive than negative when It comes to any country. I'm not trying to be politically correct either. I see you edited to include 'Americanized' but not exactly sure what that means.. I mean what does it mean to be an American really - it is a country of immigrants..

Old 09-01-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Clarify about 3rd world immigrants and refugees... I see that as more of a positive than negative when It comes to any country. I'm not trying to be politically correct either. I see you edited to include 'Americanized' but not exactly sure what that means.. I mean what does it mean to be an American really - it is a country of immigrants..
Like i have literally seen people poop in public in a residental neighborhood multiple times over the years, that used to be almost unheard of when i was a kid...

on the other hand i guess i will admit there are many people who i have met over the years who were obviously foreign looking but they were really "Americanized"
a women i know wears a burqa which is unusual but everything else about her she is very American, her accent, he attitude, taste in music, she owns a macbook, understand us culture and history well, etc, etc...

Old 09-01-2014, 01:41 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,582,890 times
Quote:
Like i have literally seen people poop in public in a residental neighborhood multiple times over the years, that used to be almost unheard of when i was a kid...

on the other hand i guess i will admit there are many people who i have met over the years who were obviously foreign looking but they were really "Americanized"
a women i know wears a burqa which is unusual but everything else about her she is very American, her accent, he attitude, taste in music, she owns a macbook, understand us culture and history well, etc, etc...
I don't which is odder, the fact that this happens today or the fact that it was " almost " unheard of when you were a kid, meaning it happened then to.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I don't which is odder, the fact that this happens today or the fact that it was " almost " unheard of when you were a kid, meaning it happened then to.
Its something you do as a joke or when you are drunk or something.

No one just casually does their business where ever they please, most would rush home or to a gas station restroom or at a last resort go in their pants.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:51 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,612,139 times
I've never seen a person poop in public, but have seen people urinate in public. I'm not bothered about public urination as much as long as you do it in a bush rather than up someone's house. I mean, if you gotta go, you gotta go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World