Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,798,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooguy View Post
In Vancouver you can expect the lowest level of wages of the 4 cities and rents are high but not as high as London or Sydney but buying real estate is the most expensive in the english-speaking world. Vancouver is definately not the city to go to if you are trying to make money.

Toronto has the coldest climate.......a bit colder than new York's winters and summers are the same as NYC. Vancouver and London have the rainest climates and Sydney the best. Many people I know who moved to Australia moved back because they didn't like the isolation because it doesn't matter where you are in Australia you really are in the middle of no where.

If whether is your thing then Sydney and outdoors Sydney and Vancouver. If you are a big city person obviously London but Toronto is a more liveable and relaxed atmosphere as is Canadian society over Australia or Britain both of which are more conservative.
Toronto is decidedly colder in winter and not as hot in summer as NYC. In January it's -6C in Toronto and 0C in NYC. In July 21C in Toronto and 24C in NYC. NYC can feel pretty hot with the humidity in summer.

Sydney actually has cooler summers than Sydney, another plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 07:09 AM

32 posts, read 30,946 times
Australian cities seem to be good for a quiete type lifestyle.
If you want a big city life it's London.
Australian cities are very small and feel very rural compared to the big European cities.
I'm referring to the central cores of the cities.
Australia is also so far away.
I live in Denmark which has crap weather.
But I holiday alot in Spain , Italy, France, Greece every year.
And I'll go to cities such as Madrid,Barcelona,London, Milan , Paris etc. to watch the Football on multiple occasions every year for next to nothing.
You can't do that living in Australia.
I've been holidaying in Melbourne ,Australia visiting friends for nearly 3 weeks. About to check out Sydney.
I couldn't live in Australia from what I've seen of Melbourne so far.
I love big dynamic cities.
Melbourne is a bit too quite for my liking.
Shops close very early.
That's just me.
You may think otherwise.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:25 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,488,096 times
I suspect she may have made up her mind by now.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:44 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,729,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I suspect she may have made up her mind by now.
I think one would have needed archeological tools to dig up this thread

Old 05-30-2018, 05:48 AM

26,919 posts, read 13,145,031 times
London has good transport connections, including cheap flights to most European destinations and direct Eurostar train services to other parts of Europe.

Eurostar - Destinations

Next Bordeaux, then Frankfurt and Geneva – the cities you will soon be able to reach direct by train - Telegraph

London Airports Map - Visit London

Eurolines London Victoria Coach Station

Whilst London itself has a good public transport network and could regional and national transport links.

Keeping London moving - Transport for London

Crossrail - Crossrail

Thameslink Programme

Network Rail – Network Rail – we run, look after and improve Britain's Railways

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-30-2018 at 06:23 AM..

Old 06-17-2018, 03:54 PM

6,837 posts, read 10,893,099 times
1. Sydney
2. London
3. Vancouver

I'll pass on that fourth city that is being compared here.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:19 PM
BMI

7,455 posts, read 7,217,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
1. Sydney
2. London
3. Vancouver

I'll pass on that fourth city that is being compared here.
Yes, because....as Merv Griffin would say....it’s too good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World