Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:14 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times

Advertisements

You know what's a really beautiful nation where people aren't prejudiced against Blacks, English is spoken by nearly everyone, the population is made up of Indians, Chinese, Africans and Europeans and the weather is tropical? Mauritius. I'd strongly consider this diverse little island nation of 1.4 million off the coast of East Africa. The human development index is similar to countries like Mexico and Turkey, so it's a nice place to live but not necessarilly the place to find a high paying job without special skills. Anyhow, maybe check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 02:43 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,201,644 times
If you find Filipino women exotic, you can try the Philippines. There's a small game development industry there although it's preferred that you get the job from an American company in the US and be sent as an expat, as the local pay is pretty low. English is good enough and you don't have to learn Tagalog (or any local language) unless you really want to. Also, you are very likely to meet people who watched the same old cartoon shows as you did as jtur88 mentioned. If you play basketball well and look like an NBA star, you won't have problems finding a girl at all.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 AM

15 posts, read 21,552 times
Well...I'm Black...Like I said before. I'm no basketball player, but I've been learning to fight, and aside from this acne that I'm having a hard time getting rid of, I think I either am, or have strong potential to be, very handsome. :-/

Mauritius sounds nice and looks very beautiful. The only thing I don't quite like about it is the fact that it's such a small island nation. It gives this odd feeling like I'm gonna be trapped there or something, but it's not a big deal.

To be honest, of the countries suggested so far, I'm more interested in the Philippines and Brazil for now. So far, it looks and sounds like a more preferred place for all the things I'm looking for, but I'll have to do more research; something I'm kind of bad at. Is Wikipedia at least a good place to start?

Oh, and like I said, this isn't really something I plan on doing real soon. Just something to think about should I ever want to get out of the US real bad, be it for political and law reasons, or family, friends, (ex-)girlfriend, or lack of (connection to) said people, and/or the desire to meet new people and see new sites.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glace View Post
It's not like I'm moving anytime soon, but if things don't work out where i currently am, I HAVE always wanted to see more of the world. Except, it isn't so much that I want to see more of the world, rather, it's that I want to live in a more beautiful and different part of the world that I like.

I guess what I'm hoping to get out of this thread is a basic, thin idea of what places I might consider moving to some day, just to get me thinking ahead of time, though I'm most likely am thinking too early. If I'm gonna make a big move, I would prefer to move out of the country, but I"ll even settle for cities in the US as suggestions.

I prefer a fair or large-sized town or any size of city. I always wanted to live in some place near, in, or with a beautiful view of something like the ocean, forests, mountains or a canyon.

I don't think I would want to live in a tourist trap, but it would be nice to live in a place with people of different kinds of ethnicity and/or nationalities. I also want to live in a place where it won't be TOO hard to find people who are nice to outsiders or newcomers and make friends with them.

Also...I really like exotic women. I don't know of all the different ethnic groups in the world, and I'm not picky when it comes to race, but I really like exotic women. So, any place with a decent variety in races or at least a place where I have a fair enough time running into someone who's exotic to ME like that, is a place I want to hear about.

I don't know a whole lot about jobs, technology and politics in different countries, so it's kind of hard to define what I want there just yet. I guess I would prefer to live somewhere that isn't too expensive to live in and isn't too difficult to get into, with internet connection, no restrictions on technology and luxuries so I can still enjoy online games and easily keep in touch with people. Also, it would be nice if it is not too strict on laws, is fairly safe enough in at least some parts of the city, and is a place where I can still continue to pursue a career in things like game development or engineering, or any technical career like that.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
I like the dramatic title name. It really brings in plenty of attention from other posters, including for me.

Most people want to see more of the world, and having a related interest for getting to know, and experience the world very well.The lifestyle preferences, what someone wants from a place, is also important, being able to help out in the moving and visiting process for the person’s experience.

Anyways, some of the post said a very specific, well thought out, and positive, optimistic post.

I would say these are the top 10 cities for you: Paris, Marseille, Nice, Amsterdam, Brussels, Seattle, Chicago, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Buenos Aires.

The top 5 countries for you: France, USA, Netherlands, Japan, Hong Kong part of China.

Last edited by ; 05-25-2013 at 12:34 PM..

Old 05-26-2013, 12:55 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
I don't know a whole lot about jobs, technology and politics in different countries, so it's kind of hard to define what I want there just yet. I guess I would prefer to live somewhere that isn't too expensive to live in and isn't too difficult to get into, with internet connection, no restrictions on technology and luxuries so I can still enjoy online games and easily keep in touch with people. Also, it would be nice if it is not too strict on laws, is fairly safe enough in at least some parts of the city, and is a place where I can still continue to pursue a career in things like game development or engineering, or any technical career like that.

It's funny about threads like this, people rarely realize it but they're always asking for the moon.

Someplace not hard to get into? Someplace with all the modern tech conveniences and access? Someplace where you could pursue a career in game development? AND a place with Middle-eastern women?

Are you pursuing an engineering degree? That would be your best ticket to anywhere. An engineering degree opens doors, and can get work visas to fall in your lap.

So, OP....what languages were you planning on mastering?

Old 06-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's funny about threads like this, people rarely realize it but they're always asking for the moon.

Someplace not hard to get into? Someplace with all the modern tech conveniences and access? Someplace where you could pursue a career in game development? AND a place with Middle-eastern women?

Are you pursuing an engineering degree? That would be your best ticket to anywhere. An engineering degree opens doors, and can get work visas to fall in your lap.
You said a noticeably similar response for the “Find my Utopia” topic, and probably mostly likely referring to this earlier topic too.

Well, this is good for people to show positive idealism, and knowing exactly what they want from a specific place. This is able to be realistic too, and also able to find places meeting those standards and expectations.

Lifestyle, Scenery, Culture, Entertainment Options, People Scene, Quality of Life, Intricate Arrangement of Local Events, etc. are very important to know in a place and probably even more important than job career.

Is engineering really the best career for finding international career opportunities?

I believe Architecture, Computer Information Technology/Software Programming, Finance/Accounting, Technological related, Science related, Opening up an Independent Business, Teaching, Law, Health/Medical are all of the best careers for international career opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World