U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:50 PM

7,304 posts, read 12,812,909 times

Advertisements

This seems appropriate in the World forum to have a topic where photos from all over the world could be posted and collected over time to create one of the best ultimate versions of photos coming together.

This topic should focus mostly on having photos up with a sense of location, best most interesting scenery, and a certain kind of theme pattern, so posts with words and no photos attached should usually be avoided, and photos that are overly off topic.

The theme pattern of photos include Nature Scenery, Architecture, Urban Scenery, Interior Environments, People Scene etc.

Some rules terms of service for having photos up: Try to first have photos up that you took yourself for places you lived in and visited.

After that, you can also have photos up that you technically did not take but you have to follow the rules of the website for how that is posted and that simply involves putting website links and adding some sentences for some of those links. You can’t copy and paste photos you did not take but you can easily add the links to them in a post. The size format of the photos should be an appropriate size and around 5 to 20 photos per post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 01:15 PM

I’ll start with 20 photos I took on my camera of Seattle. After that in a separate post, 7 photos for Vancouver, Portland, and 10 photos of Pacific Northwest nature scenery. I hope the photo images website link works and shows up here properly:

Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM

Here is 7 photos of Vancouver and Portland from my camera:

Old 02-23-2013, 01:25 PM

The Cascades Mountain Range In British Columbia, Washington State, and Oregon:

Old 02-23-2013, 01:50 PM

I have 400 other photos I took myself of Pacific Northwest and other areas of the World.

I also literally have 2,000 impressive photos in at least 50 countries for Nature Scenery, Urban Scenery, Architecture, Interior Environments, People Scene. However, most of those photos in this category I didn’t take so I would add links to them and not copy and paste. Later on, I’ll gradually have some more photos up.

I like to see the photos a lot of other people have up for places all over the World.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 AM

I am glad to see the perfect, impressive photo images in a well established pattern is showing up on this website. I was worried if it was not going to work and would have just blank images. When clicking on each photo, the photo can be seen at a much larger double the size to see more of the visual details.

My talent in photography and writing comes from an interest and I already have one of the best collections of photos from all over the world.

I forgot to add some brief descriptions to the photos I have up earlier. The first 5 photos is of historic architecture in Seattle, mostly in Downtown but also University District, and Capital Hill neighborhoods. The next 5 photos is modern form of architecture in Downtown and Alki Beach West Seattle. The next 3 photos are of Independent Café Bars with a high quality ambience, large space, and free computer wifi, and the 4 photos after that are of Seattle’s Downtown skyline.

In the next post in exact order, there is a photo of Vancouver’s skyline, a restaurant with indoor+large outdoor patio with window reflection and views of that skyline, nature scenery literally 20 minutes away from Downtown Vancouver. One of plenty charming buildings in Portland, a restaurant, and a café bar.

The last 10 photos I guess don’t need another description because I said that is magnificent nature scenery in the Cascades Mountain Range of Pacific Northwest.

A lot of areas all over the World is very photogenic, visually pleasant and exciting, so this was a good idea. I hope to see plenty of more photos posted here soon and develop an impressive, excellent collection and pattern of photos for the World forum.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 PM

10,955 posts, read 15,664,513 times
Here are some from up and down the West Coast of the US. The quality is going to vary wildly... some of them were taken with a camera phone, some of them were taken with a Nikon point-and-shoot digital, and some were taken with a Nikon DSLR. Some of them are artsy, some of them are just "oh, cool!" sort of pictures. But hey, isn't that an accurate cross section of life?

Beverly Hills:

Hollywood:

Greater LA Area:

San Francisco:

I have more and better shots of SF, I just don't have them on this computer... I'll see if I can get around to them later.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 PM

10,955 posts, read 15,664,513 times
Pacifica/Half Moon Bay, CA:

Las Vegas, NV:

Seattle:

Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Here are some from up and down the West Coast of the US. The quality is going to vary wildly... some of them were taken with a camera phone, some of them were taken with a Nikon point-and-shoot digital, and some were taken with a Nikon DSLR. Some of them are artsy, some of them are just "oh, cool!" sort of pictures. But hey, isn't that an accurate cross section of life?

I have more and better shots of SF, I just don't have them on this computer... I'll see if I can get around to them later.
I am glad to finally see other people having photos up for this topic! Then again, it has only been 2 days since I created the topic. It feels like I created it 7 to 10 days ago because so much happened in the past 10 days. Lol

You also have exciting, impressive photos up for the Western regions of USA in California, Washington state, and Nevada. Did you change your opinions about Seattle?

The Western areas of the USA and West Coast is very photogenic, visually pleasant, and offering a balance of Nature and Urban scenery.

That is also equally true for plenty of other countries and regions of countries for the photos I have seen of France, China, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Austria, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Japan, South Korea. Those countries are also the other most photogenic, visually pleasant exciting countries in the World.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM

13,290 posts, read 14,366,027 times
Default Tbilisi - Republic of Georgia

I spent 5 months in the Republic of Georgia.

I'm going to suggest that we use he SPOILER feature to hide the photos. Otherwise the thread becomes too 'bulky' IMO

Tbilisi, the capital.
Spoiler

The Peace Bridge and the Narikalla
Spoiler

Cross country train from Poti to Tbilisi
Spoiler

A 4 bunk sleeping cabin in the train
Spoiler

Georgian Lari
Spoiler

Khinkali
Spoiler

The Swedish Novel Man Som Hatar Kvinnor in Georgian.
Spoiler

Last edited by filihok; 02-25-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World