U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 11:43 AM

6,491 posts, read 12,189,822 times

Advertisements

For local places, that could easily include Certain Fun Stores, Restaurants, Cafes, Bars, Nightclubs, Cultural Events, Festivals, Museums, Cinemas, Music Concerts/Music Venues, Bookstores, Some Certain Outdoor Events that has relation to this.

Be specific of the exact place, neighborhood/city/town/country region and maybe say some of the scenery, and even include a website link.

This could be interesting to see where everyone spends their time and hang out anywhere, and the fun places related to this that could be found all over the World.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM

I guess I’ll start and say the exact local places I am going to and experience today.

I went to East Village neighborhood in New York. I went to this high quality Independent Café Bar that has a perfect impressive ambience, plenty of seating/tables, 2 main rooms+outdoor seating, literally 8 chandeliers/antiques hanging on the ceilings, paintings on the walls, and free computer wifi. I had Coffee, A Restaurant Meal, and Dessert. I am going to use my computer there for 5 hours. The name is Café Pick Me Up: https://plus.google.com/116655843587...ut?gl=us&hl=en

I remember going to some cafes in Montreal, and Paris that have a noticeably similar, sophisticated cozy palace, ambience as Café Pick Me Up. Even Prague offers that kind of scene. I assume the independent café bar scene in USA originated from Europe.

Later in the day, I was deciding between a Thai, Indian, or Italian restaurant and ended up going here: Klong Thai: https://plus.google.com/104810415272882020488/about?gl=us&hl=en#104810415272882020488/about?gl=us&hl=en I hope the website link works to show the inside of that restaurant in the Center Right image.

If I was in Seattle today, I would probably be in the Capitol Hill neighborhood at Bauhaus Books and Coffee Café Bar. That has a huge space inside, two floors, 3 main separate rooms, and outdoor seating. It used to sell books and has small music concert events once a week.

I would also go to May Thai restaurant in Wallingford. That restaurant is especially unique, authentic, and has an enchanting appearance: https://plus.google.com/109295583817...ut?gl=us&hl=en OR Barolo Italian in Belltown: https://plus.google.com/100827759490...ut?gl=us&hl=en

If this was Saturday and not Monday I would go to Trinity Nightclub in International District/Pioneer Square Downtown: Seattle's Trinity Nightclub and TRINITY NIGHTCLUB

That nightclub has 2 floors, 4 separate rooms each having a unique elaborate theme design, and internationally acclaimed electronic trance Djs music concerts. Most people would never guess that Seattle actually has a perfect sophisticated nightclub such as Trinity, and probably one of the most underrated secret nightclubs in the world. I became a Vip monthly member, even if I have to spend a small monthly fee for that membership.

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 02-25-2013 at 12:05 PM..

Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 AM

If I was anywhere else in the World in plenty of other cities, towns, neighborhoods, regions of countries, I would also definitely find an equal amount of vibrant, exciting, impressive, unique places having a lot of character and soul related to this and be able to say a lot.

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 02-25-2013 at 12:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World