Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:53 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times

Advertisements

Im mexican black and white living in the US and im married to a korean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 10:36 PM

43 posts, read 128,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
I'm a guy from India living in a small city in central Canada. I have had a very international and modern upbringing and never fit any of the stereotypes associated with Indian men (arranged marriages, players). So when I moved to this city nine years ago, I made an attempt to date. With the exception of one lady (who was unfortunately too old for me and it wouldn't have worked out long term), I found the local girls unbelievably racist and close-minded. One of them even said "aren't there any Indian girls you know?". I also learned through friends that the local guys disliked me for "trying to steal their chicks". That's 21st century Canada for you . I spent years obsessing over what was wrong with me until I had an epiphany. It wasn't me. It was them.

Currently, I'm very happily married to a European girl and counting myself very lucky for not ending up with a boring, narrow-minded, racist Canadian woman.

PS: If anyone is offended by what I said above because they are not racist and narrow-minded, I apologize. But you see, stereotyping is unpleasant, eh? How do you think I felt for nine years?
that may have had to do with it and believe me, Indian men are not players or even stereotypes as that, more like geeky guys who can't land dates by some racists out there that want to do that

you should have gone to montreal or toronto, in both places Indian men have done well, even better than some other races

I live in Toronto and see Brown men (either Indian or Middle Eastern) with White women and Asian women nearly all the time.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:00 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Im mexican black and white living in the US and im married to a korean.
That makes two of us

Old 03-14-2013, 05:55 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Most common in my state is black and white, and there's not much of that going on outside of the inner cities

Old 03-14-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My family is mostly from Louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas. My whole family is interracial basically.

We have biracial men with Asian women. Biracial men with white women. Biracial women with white guys. Biracial women with Latino guys. White women with white men. White women with black men. Black men with white women. Black men with black women. Black women with Samoan men. Latina women with Middle Eastern men. White women with Middle Eastern men. Asian men with white women.

And three Koreans thrown into the bunch - two adopted and one a new addition to the family via marriage!

We live in the South. Oh - except for the branch from Iowa. Oh, and the branch from Ohio. Oh, and the branch from Philly. Oh, and then the military members who live in Korea, England, and Germany.

So there go all the stereotypes right out the window.
still no indian men involved, so no, not that progressive

Old 03-14-2013, 07:15 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Tricky question, the area that I live in is very homogenous so I don't even much racial diversity in my neighbourhood, but in my city, I'd say South Asian with White British is common pairing, at least, South Asian men with White British women (i.e Indian/Pakistani).

Old 03-14-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Tricky question, the area that I live in is very homogenous so I don't even much racial diversity in my neighbourhood, but in my city, I'd say South Asian with White British is common pairing, at least, South Asian men with White British women (i.e Indian/Pakistani).

indian man white woman couples in the UK, I find that hard to believe

Old 03-14-2013, 11:16 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
You see pretty much everything here in LA, and in CA as a whole.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:36 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4Tots View Post
indian man white woman couples in the UK, I find that hard to believe
I don't know. I would have assumed that Indian woman, white man couples would be more common than Indian man, white woman.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I don't know. I would have assumed that Indian woman, white man couples would be more common than Indian man, white woman.
In the US and UK, I definitely saw more Indian/Pakistani guys with white women than vice versa... I my ex is Pakistani/Northern Indian-American and she was one of two women in her entire extended family who married a white guy, however nearly a dozen of her US-born male relatives had wives or fiances who were white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World