U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,085 posts, read 13,281,829 times
Reputation: 9766

Advertisements

Avril Levigne, Neil Young, Shania Twain, Alanis Morissete, Sarah McLachlan, Leonard Cohen, Barenaked Ladies, The Tragically Hip, Arcade Fire....it's a pretty long list.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
 
2,903 posts, read 4,622,676 times
Reputation: 3637
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Okay, this has been a really good discussion of HDI and quality of life so far, bros.
Wish I could rep you twice in the same thread on the same day but I obviously can't do that. It doesn't take many people who don't know how to read (or won't) to permanently sidetrack a thread into stupid petty stuff like Arcade Fire vs. the Ramones.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2013, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,261 posts, read 14,873,704 times
Reputation: 13506
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
Wish I could rep you twice in the same thread on the same day but I obviously can't do that. It doesn't take many people who don't know how to read (or won't) to permanently sidetrack a thread into stupid petty stuff like Arcade Fire vs. the Ramones.
Ramones.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2013, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 6,651,057 times
Reputation: 1687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Okay, wait a second, cali. What in God's name are you talking about with our highway system? Did you actually just state that Canada does not have highways that criss cross the country in every direction?

Because we do, you know.

I might know what you mean though. The ONLY answer is because it's FASTER. Not because its better engineered, but because its a SHORT CUT. It takes entirely way too long to drive around the top of the Great Lakes. Like, someone like me here in Windsor would cross into Detroit and go under Lake Michigan and cut up thru Wisconsin, etc if I were headed out west.

Thats it.
Canada does have highways but not continually from east to west.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2013, 06:34 PM
 
14,787 posts, read 15,595,880 times
Reputation: 20607
Good to see Australia 2nd (on both lists)

Goal should be to maintain this ... interestingly average life expectancy, 82 years in Aus and only 78 in US..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Okay, this has been a really good discussion of HDI and quality of life so far, bros.
Feel like I wandered into the playground at lunchtime.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2013, 06:51 PM
 
994 posts, read 1,148,508 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Who cares what you like because obviously the top ten movies right in canada are all america, top music is all american...Now your trying to say that bigger doesnt mean better which i agree with but dont try and change the subject. I proved squat are you kidding me, this is definatly the most laughable post of the year regarding something i proved to you multiple times. You dont even know how many reputations i got for my post.
Whilst I naturally concur that America is the greatest country going, it should be pointed out that aside from the Beatles and the Who and all that stuff that happened years ago, four of the five biggest selling albums in America in 2012 were by British artists - Adele, One Direction and Mumford & Sons. It should be pretty obvious that I'm not boasting here, as the latter two are really national humiliations for the British, but then, the sole American presence in the top 5 was Taylor Swift, so I guess it's even
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2013, 06:55 PM
 
1,257 posts, read 3,367,716 times
Reputation: 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Canada does have highways but not continually from east to west.
Dunno,

maybe the Trans Canada Highway?

Not sure Cali, you're the expert,LOL
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,261 posts, read 14,873,704 times
Reputation: 13506
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
Dunno,

maybe the Trans Canada Highway?

Not sure Cali, you're the expert,LOL

Well, it doesn't go to Newfoundland soooooooooooo............
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 6,651,057 times
Reputation: 1687
Quote:
Originally Posted by George & Bill View Post
Whilst I naturally concur that America is the greatest country going, it should be pointed out that aside from the Beatles and the Who and all that stuff that happened years ago, four of the five biggest selling albums in America in 2012 were by British artists - Adele, One Direction and Mumford & Sons. It should be pretty obvious that I'm not boasting here, as the latter two are really national humiliations for the British, but then, the sole American presence in the top 5 was Taylor Swift, so I guess it's even
I completly agree we love your artist from Britian, what weird is i was listening to a radio station today and first they played Adele, Mumford and sons then one direction but then when i comparing it to a station in London they play nothing but american music. weird huh?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 6,651,057 times
Reputation: 1687
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
Dunno,

maybe the Trans Canada Highway?

Not sure Cali, you're the expert,LOL
No no no no im talking about a highway system like America, where it is a full functional highway system. Here is american highway
Redirect Notice
Here is trans canadian highway
http://eleanorhenderson.com/pages/pe...anscanada3.jpg
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top