Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:25 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times

Advertisements

Avril Levigne, Neil Young, Shania Twain, Alanis Morissete, Sarah McLachlan, Leonard Cohen, Barenaked Ladies, The Tragically Hip, Arcade Fire....it's a pretty long list.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:51 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,136,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Okay, this has been a really good discussion of HDI and quality of life so far, bros.
Wish I could rep you twice in the same thread on the same day but I obviously can't do that. It doesn't take many people who don't know how to read (or won't) to permanently sidetrack a thread into stupid petty stuff like Arcade Fire vs. the Ramones.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
Wish I could rep you twice in the same thread on the same day but I obviously can't do that. It doesn't take many people who don't know how to read (or won't) to permanently sidetrack a thread into stupid petty stuff like Arcade Fire vs. the Ramones.
Ramones.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:32 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,214,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Okay, wait a second, cali. What in God's name are you talking about with our highway system? Did you actually just state that Canada does not have highways that criss cross the country in every direction?

Because we do, you know.

I might know what you mean though. The ONLY answer is because it's FASTER. Not because its better engineered, but because its a SHORT CUT. It takes entirely way too long to drive around the top of the Great Lakes. Like, someone like me here in Windsor would cross into Detroit and go under Lake Michigan and cut up thru Wisconsin, etc if I were headed out west.

Thats it.
Canada does have highways but not continually from east to west.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:34 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Good to see Australia 2nd (on both lists)

Goal should be to maintain this ... interestingly average life expectancy, 82 years in Aus and only 78 in US..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Okay, this has been a really good discussion of HDI and quality of life so far, bros.
Feel like I wandered into the playground at lunchtime.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM

994 posts, read 1,237,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Who cares what you like because obviously the top ten movies right in canada are all america, top music is all american...Now your trying to say that bigger doesnt mean better which i agree with but dont try and change the subject. I proved squat are you kidding me, this is definatly the most laughable post of the year regarding something i proved to you multiple times. You dont even know how many reputations i got for my post.
Whilst I naturally concur that America is the greatest country going, it should be pointed out that aside from the Beatles and the Who and all that stuff that happened years ago, four of the five biggest selling albums in America in 2012 were by British artists - Adele, One Direction and Mumford & Sons. It should be pretty obvious that I'm not boasting here, as the latter two are really national humiliations for the British, but then, the sole American presence in the top 5 was Taylor Swift, so I guess it's even

Old 03-17-2013, 05:55 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,605,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Canada does have highways but not continually from east to west.
Dunno,

maybe the Trans Canada Highway?

Not sure Cali, you're the expert,LOL

Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
Dunno,

Well, it doesn't go to Newfoundland soooooooooooo............

Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George & Bill View Post
Whilst I naturally concur that America is the greatest country going, it should be pointed out that aside from the Beatles and the Who and all that stuff that happened years ago, four of the five biggest selling albums in America in 2012 were by British artists - Adele, One Direction and Mumford & Sons. It should be pretty obvious that I'm not boasting here, as the latter two are really national humiliations for the British, but then, the sole American presence in the top 5 was Taylor Swift, so I guess it's even
I completly agree we love your artist from Britian, what weird is i was listening to a radio station today and first they played Adele, Mumford and sons then one direction but then when i comparing it to a station in London they play nothing but american music. weird huh?

Old 03-17-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
Dunno,

No no no no im talking about a highway system like America, where it is a full functional highway system. Here is american highway
Redirect Notice
Here is trans canadian highway
http://eleanorhenderson.com/pages/pe...anscanada3.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World