Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 07:42 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,987,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I am super rich in mind, spirit, lifestyle, my purpose in life, and contribution to society, even if I am economically middle class.
This thread is not for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 2 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,911,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
This thread is not for you
This topic is for everyone, including me.

I showed excellent perspective and views for this topic about the super rich vs. global cities, and this is also true for what other posters said that have similar opinions. There was a spirited debate entirely related to this topic.

I am going to quote some of my favorite posts in this topic that shows all of the similar opinions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Having super-rich living in your city is only good for inflating house prices to artificial levels and forcing long-time residents to move elsewhere in search for affordable housing, something that is evident in London. You can keep the greedy f#*£ers in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles and well away from my city where it is still possible to buy a house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Not sure why this is a source of pride, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I don´t see it as a good thing.
A truly rich city is a city where everyone can live a good life.
Quote:
The list for “Global cities for the super rich” is so biased to population size of large cities, so I don’t take the list seriously.

For one example, Nice+Cannes in Southeastern France, and some San Francisco bay area suburban towns such as Palo Alto probably have a higher percentage of super rich people and a much lower percentage of people in poverty compared to most cities on that list, but since they have a much smaller population size the actual number of people won’t qualify for this list.

If Singapore had 9 million people and not 5.3 million people I bet it would at least be in the top 5, maybe even number 1. Around 15% to 20% of Singapore’s population are in families that make at least 1 million dollars+. Singapore has very little to near non-existent poverty so almost all of Singapore has an ultra wealthy vibe.

Some of those cities on the list even have a rather large poverty low income population, even with all of the middle class and wealthy people. New York City and Chicago for one example has somewhere between 20% to 30% of the population in very low income poverty. They are such divided cities based on income distribution and having an even amount of wealthy, middle class, and low income neighborhoods.

Also, having too many super rich people in the same place has the potential to make a place very expensive for cost of living and making it not affordable for everyone else that makes less than $100,000 to $500,000 annual income, and sometimes even making the middle class struggle to live there.
Quote:
I don’t see any need to have a competition about this. There is plenty of wealthy countries that have opportunities outside of USA and Canada North America.

There are super rich global cities on the list all over the world.

Some of those countries such as Switzerland, Norway, Singapore even have a higher average per capita income and a much lower percentage of the population dealing with low income poverty.

Here is all of the top 30 cities that qualified in the Global Super Rich Cities list. The list is only for number of people that make more than 30 million dollars per year:

London, New York City, Paris, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Osaka, Singapore, Zurich, Geneva, Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Chicago, Washington DC, Toronto, Dallas, Houston, Delhi, Mumbai, Sydney, Melbourne, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Rome, Beijing. Global Cities of the Super-Rich - Richard Florida - The Atlantic Cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Good post and great perspective.

Quote:
The topic about global super rich cities is certainly interesting, but it is overrated for wanting a city to be in top 30 list for the super rich because the list is only for number of people that make more than 30 million dollars per year and they can make a city very expensive for cost of living.

The best cities for the middle class and upper class wealthy people that make less than 30 million dollars per year such as around $50,000 to 1 million dollars is more important for the quality of life and desirability of cities.

I have a lot of favorite cities that did not make the pretentious top 30 super rich list

Quote:
London and New York City are so overrated for the super rich, and someone with economic wealth don’t even need to like those cities.

There is plenty of other desirable options for the rich all over the world for places to live in: Paris, Vienna, Prague, Amsterdam, Brussels, Zurich, Geneva, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Lyon, Nice, Grenoble, Taipei, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Buenos Aires, Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Melbourne, and so many other places in the world.
Quote:
The statistics related to this topic was very exclusive and did not really take into account the relative population of each cities. It only included number of people that make more than 30 million dollars per year.

The best and most inviting cities in the world for the middle class, and wealthy below 1 million dollars is more important for the vast majority of the world population.

Regardless of annual income, knowing very well how to spend money wisely, and the best activities for where to use money is essential for making the most of any economic situation. People that are economically middle class are also able to live very well with an abundance of wealth.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:27 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,987,349 times
Quote:
I showed excellent perspective and views for this topic about the super rich vs. global cities
LOL what are you talking about "super rich vs global cities" this isnt vs anything. I made this thread and its a list, there is nothing to be offering a perspective for IMO.

Either your town has $30M HNWI or not.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
LOL what are you talking about "super rich vs global cities" this isnt vs anything. I made this thread and its a list, there is nothing to be offering a perspective for IMO.

Either your town has $30M HNWI or not.
I am sure you ended up agreeing with me and everyone else that have similar wise opinions for this topic.

People technically always show perspective when they post for any topic. Usually when someone creates a new topic, they are looking for varied perspective, and other people’s opinions for the topic.

The first post shouldn’t have appeared to be a competition between continental regions for the number of cities that qualified in the super rich 30 million dollars+ list.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,125 times
The northamerican block is the best

Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlite View Post
The northamerican block is the best
[Mod cut: rude!]

You should have equal preference for Europe, Asia, North America, South America, and Oceania for life, including not related to this top 30 global cities list. The top 30 global cities for the super rich list is most only for number of people making 30 million dollars+ in annual income, so it is a very overrated list.

The Global Cities for the Middle Class and Wealthy People Not Being Obnoxiously Wealthy is More Important for Life and for the Vast Majority of the World Population.

The top 30 Global cities of the super rich in each continental region:

Europe:
Paris, Zurich, Geneva, London, Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Rome.

Asia:
Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Osaka, Beijing, Delhi, Mumbai

North America:
San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Washington DC, Los Angeles

South America:
Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro

Oceania:
Sydney, Melbourne

Last edited by elnina; 08-22-2013 at 11:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World