Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,900 times

Advertisements

What gender would each one be?

How would they look like?

and what would their personalities be?

You can include pictures

America:

U.K:

Canada:

Australia:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 10:12 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
U.K, Canada and Australia tend to be obsessed with America while America doesn't really care about either one of them

America dresses casual, and is outgoing and friendly.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:36 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
I think it is more prevalent that Americans make the accusation that we are so obsessed with the U.S other than us actually being obsessed with it

I'm sure you've typed the words Canada, Australia and U.K more than most people from those countries type 'America' or U.S - just sayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
U.K, Canada and Australia tend to be obsessed with America while America doesn't really care about either one of them

Old 07-05-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I think it is more prevalent that Americans make the accusation that we are so obsessed with the U.S other than us actually being obsessed with it

I'm sure you've typed the words Canada, Australia and U.K more than most people from those countries type 'America' or U.S - just sayin
It was kind of a joke but lets be honest, go to the Canada forum and look at the most replied threads.
Its not an obsession but i think its obvious more people in Canada, Australia or U.K will mention America in their daily conversation than vice versa thanks to our large influence on the world, news, power, etc...

Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Well i'll be honest and objective as much as I can here... yes Canada is more influenced by American Culture, business and media than pretty much any other country in the world. Which other country anywhere outside of Canada can you go to and shop at the number of Best Buys, Walmarts, Target's, Dollar Tree's etc etc.. you name an American business and there is a good chance its in Canada.. Simple really - we are a country with 35 million people bordering a country with 315 people and most of us live within 200 miles of the U.S border.. We have the largest border in the world and represent the largest trading relationship in the history of the world - so yes are we going to be influenced by America and trust me - cross border trade is essential for both countries not just Canada so the influence we have on you is great as well.. it may not be in your face but for example... Look when the main bridge from B.C to Washington state collapsed... the Governor's top priority to restore the bridge's serviceability so that trade could continue unabated as quickly as possible.. I won't even get into energy...

What I will say and think about this.... do you really think the few people in City Data who post in the Canada section are a great representation of Canadians as a whole.. if you answer yes than I welcome you to come up here for awhile and get to know us... I can assure you American culture and influence is all around in terms of commerce and business, media etc... but in our day to day thoughts, feelings and interactions.... not so much.. don't mean to burst your bubble but we are more into ourselves than you think and Americana isn't all that pervasive in those thoughts, feelings and interactions of everyday people

Quote:
It was kind of a joke but lets be honest, go to the Canada forum and look at the most replied threads.
Its not an obsession but i think its obvious more people in Canada, Australia or U.K will mention America in their daily conversation than vice versa thanks to our large influence on the world, news, power, etc...

Last edited by fusion2; 07-05-2013 at 11:41 PM..

Old 07-05-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
What I will say and think about this.... do you really think the few people in City Data who post in the Canada section are a great representation of Canadians as a whole.. if you answer yes than I welcome you to come up here for awhile and get to know us... I can assure you American culture and influence is all around in terms of commerce and business, media etc... but in our day to day thoughts, feelings and interactions.... not so much.. don't mean to burst your bubble but we are more into ourselves than you think and Americana isn't all that pervasive in those thoughts, feelings and interactions
Yup, agree.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:45 PM

Think Canada would be the quiet guy and dresses like a lumberjack?

Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 PM

9 posts, read 19,308 times
Default Hetalia

Human Name: alfred f jones

Americais a cheerful, energetic and somewhat conceited young man who is obsessed with heroes, justice, and freedom. He has the habit of sticking his nose into everyone's business, which causes him to have difficulty making friends. He loves hamburgers and junk food, to the point of obsession, and can even eat strange and inedible things due to inheriting England's sense of taste (or lack thereof). America is also known for not being aware of how "the atmosphere" is when he is around others (which, at one point, he was told to read it), but it has been noted that it is not that he lacks the ability to "assess the situation", he simply chooses not to. On multiple occasions it has been shown that, when calm or serious, America can become very logical, reading further into things than he usually would, and actually reading the atmosphere. This is shown in the movie Paint It White, where he suggests to infiltrate the enemy base, something that the others quickly accept which is unusual. His profile states that his hobbies are sports, games, and making movies. Furthermore, in the side-story Black Ships Have Come, when introducing himself to Japan, he states that his hobbies are "quick-draw, archaeology, and adventures" (which is translated to Japan as America's hobby being lechery). He possesses an abnormal amount of strength, shown even as a child by easily swinging a full-grown buffalo around, and has been once seen running around dragging a heavy Rolls Royce, belonging to England, behind him for an hour in order to ask permission to borrow it. In the NotoSama 6 game, America was able to stop a car with the heel of his foot.
He is shown to be ignorant of the geography outside his own home, believing that maps of the United States constitute the "world map" and that he can simply get to other countries by car travel. He is shown becoming concerned about his weight in the strip Supersize You! and it is mentioned that he has invented strange diet machines as well as becoming obsessed with exercise (which has caused him to become paranoid about his rising weight, as he is unaware of his building muscle). Aside from being afraid of ghosts and weighing scales, he also fears Marmite. In Hetalia Fantasia 2 it is revealed that America has at least 238 weaknesses, one of those being Dora The Explorer. As America is obsessed with heroes and happy endings, he hopes that his future will be that way.
Though he is friends with an alien named Tony and his friends, he does not believe in England's magical friends, fairies, or unicorns, except on Halloween.
In the 2010 Christmas event, he said that he was jealous of all of the kids in his country that get presents from their fathers. This may be a reference to America's fast growth and young age, and how he missed out on a lot of childhood things by growing physically mature so quickly, as well as what seems to be the lack of parents for most of the nations (as opposed to elder siblings).

Human name: Matthew Williams

In contrast to his brother, Canada is calm, shy, sensitive, and hates fighting (But, it is said that he is a very strong fighter). Despite this, he is often mistaken for his brother and has found himself in trouble for incidents that America has caused. When he is not being mistaken for his brother, other nations tend to forget that he exists. He is also passive aggressive and was once able to make America cry by arguing with him for over three hours and pointing out every single one of his faults. It is also implied in a chapter he loves maple syrup as he is shown offering America some for his coffee. According to Himaruya, he's always been a rather good tactician, and this was displayed in a comic set during the Revolutionary War in which Canada assisted England, whose letters to America were normally not accepted, by writing on a note attached to the letter, "there are snacks inside," strongly tempting America to accept and open the letter.
He also has a pet bear named Kumajirou, who, unfortunately, always forgets Canada's name. In return, Canada always forgets Kumajirou's name as well.

Uk human name is Arthur Kirkland

England is a fanciful, blunt, obstinate former pirate who used to torment Spain. In modern times he claims to be a gentleman; however he is cynical, sharp-tongued, prone to rough speech, and yearns for the golden years. He often uses British vocabulary, such as 'bloody' and 'git'. He is noted for being horrible at cooking which has caused America, his former charge, to have "bad" taste in food. England is also, apparently, the "king of losing things", and France has described him as "somehow extremely useless when it comes to matters not pertaining to himself or America". He can be described as "spacey" because of his strong belief in magic, spirits, fairies, and other fantasy creatures. He has the ability to perform magic, such as spells and curses, and can also summon demons and other magical creatures. He is able to communicate with supernatural beings, and is not limited to creatures from his homeland, being able to interact with youkai and spirits from Japanese folklore. He also happens to have fantasy friends, such as a flying bunny, unicorns, fairies, gnomes, and Captain Hook, but oddly enough he did not believe in Santa Claus until Finland came and brought them presents. Despite this, England often ridicules America's belief in aliens and Tony. According to the author's notes, England's interests include embroidery, craftsmanship, literature, rock music, and giving scathing criticisms to America's movies. He appears to be sharp-witted and surprisingly creative, although he seems to have rather bad luck. According to the author, he is rarely afraid of anything, and is rather interested in ghost stories, especially if he can use them to startle America. He also seems to be very stubborn and strong-willed, and does not easily succumb to stress or pressure. He is shown to be startlingly mature at times, and is very friendly with young or cute people and magical creatures. He also has a quite strong sense of responsibility, and has been seen scolding France and America when they don't take things seriously

Australia: A bird stole my dingo. Wears outback gear..

http://hetalia.kitawiki.net/index.php?title=America

Old 07-06-2013, 07:05 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
Quote:

You spend your days on here trying to convince Europeans that the USA is the be all and end all. Who really is the obsessed one? From where I am sitting it is you.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:57 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
America would be the good looking popular person who gets all the attention.
Australia and canada would be besties, but kind of envious of the US
the UK would be that snobby b who think they're too good to hang around with low class loud obnoxious ppl like the US and Australia....and they may sometimes tolerate Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World