Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:11 AM

218 posts, read 375,835 times

Advertisements

Is this a joke? EU is far far better. There isn't even a comparison, unless you enjoy high crime rates, and the world's most oppressive "democratic" government.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,541,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithmaster99 View Post
I choose the USA, I know Europe has better welfare and social security but I would be more comfortable with US culture and people. In the US, I'd choose New York City, Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco and Portland whereas in Europe, I'd really only be able to live in the UK.
I'm curious. What do you see as the differences between US and EU cultures?

Old 11-03-2013, 06:33 AM

242 posts, read 368,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
Is this a joke? EU is far far better. There isn't even a comparison, unless you enjoy high crime rates, and the world's most oppressive "democratic" government.
The only thing high in crime inn America is murder rates and I tell you most of the people that get shot were involved in some type of gang or drug activity. No one just gets killed for no reason in a normal day. Everything else rape, thief are all about the same here and in Europe. And yea are government has been a jerk for the last 5 years but no worries with foreign aid ending soon just like some predicted the economy is getting better. EGYPT just announced they cant trust America anymore so they want foreign aid from another country. Lol its like these countries are doing us a favor but talking are tax money to countries that hate us. Now all we have to do is hope America screws up again on Syria than are foreign aid can be have gone

Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync3 View Post
The only thing high in crime inn America is murder rates and I tell you most of the people that get shot were involved in some type of gang or drug activity. No one just gets killed for no reason in a normal day. Everything else rape, thief are all about the same here and in Europe. And yea are government has been a jerk for the last 5 years but no worries with foreign aid ending soon just like some predicted the economy is getting better. EGYPT just announced they cant trust America anymore so they want foreign aid from another country. Lol its like these countries are doing us a favor but talking are tax money to countries that hate us. Now all we have to do is hope America screws up again on Syria than are foreign aid can be have gone
Excuse me? Shall I list all the innocent people who have been victims in mass murders by some whackjob who legally owns the guns he uses.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Dude, there's literally thousands a year. That's several a day.
Thousands a day is not good, most countries don't understand but most of these people getting shot on the regular basis are either in some type of gang violence, drug activity or other or are either related to that person. But this is no excuse to our gun problem, we just have to be more careful who gets guns, every crazy shooter that makes the national news for a attack at a mall or something are ALWAYS mentally ill. Instead of banning guns we need guns to protect our self, all those countries that are think we are fools are going to look silly when guns are invading there country and no one can protect themselves, no matter how you ban guns they will always be there. Look at the UK, since they were banned people started building there own, there are now millions of illegal guns in the UK.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Excuse me? Shall I list all the innocent people who have been victims in mass murders by some whackjob who legally owns the guns he uses.
Re read my post again please

Old 11-03-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync3 View Post
Thousands a day is not good, most countries don't understand but most of these people getting shot on the regular basis are either in some type of gang violence, drug activity or other or are either related to that person. But this is no excuse to our gun problem, we just have to be more careful who gets guns, every crazy shooter that makes the national news for a attack at a mall or something are ALWAYS mentally ill. Instead of banning guns we need guns to protect our self, all those countries that are think we are fools are going to look silly when guns are invading there country and no one can protect themselves, no matter how you ban guns they will always be there. Look at the UK, since they were banned people started building there own, there are now millions of illegal guns in the UK.
Really!? Millions. Hmm....I guess that's why in 2012 there were 58 deaths by firearms in the UK.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Really!? Millions. Hmm....I guess that's why in 2012 there were 58 deaths by firearms in the UK.
Okay first on the last post did you re read my comment? I guess you did since you asked about it and now your not even mentioning it, anyways you really have to get out of this mindset its just basic info, almost EVERY AMERICAN OWNS A GUN and thousands gets killed each year for a population of 300 million people, just because you have a gun doesn't mean your going to kill someone no, and yes the UK has a millions of guns...Read this bud

Guns in the United Kingdom: Firearms, armed violence and gun law

Old 11-03-2013, 10:43 AM

218 posts, read 375,835 times
It's actually quite amusing that someone from Chicago is defending the rate of homicide in the US. Isn't Chicago the murder capital of the US? Chicago was my home, so I think I would know how crimes are distributed. Contrary to your naive belief that only those involved get shot, many innocent people die daily due to the prevalence of firearms. This is despite the city banning them. I don't disagree that many deaths involve those who are running some shady operation, but to say that the majority of deaths fit that description is outright ignorant.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,475,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
It's actually quite amusing that someone from Chicago is defending the rate of homicide in the US. Isn't Chicago the murder capital of the US? Chicago was my home, so I think I would know how crimes are distributed. Contrary to your naive belief that only those involved get shot, many innocent people die daily due to the prevalence of firearms. This is despite the city banning them. I don't disagree that many deaths involve those who are running some shady operation, but to say that the majority of deaths fit that description is outright ignorant.
So what should be done about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World