U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 6,453,936 times
Reputation: 1687

Advertisements

Here is a criteria list since the OP didnt post one...
Diversity-USA
Transportation-European Union
Weather- USA
Mountains/deserts/swamps-USA
Education-K-12 goes to European Union but universities goes to USA.
Music/Movies-USA
better economy- USA has lower unemployment rate than European Union
History-EUROPEAN UNION.
...?ANY OTHER ONES
Rate this post positively

 
Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Gorgeous Scotland
4,120 posts, read 5,017,995 times
Reputation: 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
enjoy your ****ty weather other than that Scotland is where i would like to go and visit one day!
I love all the great stuff Scotland offers but also get to travel a lot. So I go elsewhere to get at least two months of hot, sunny weather a year. The hot sun is nice, for a while, but my heart is 100% in gorgeous Scotland. If climate was the only thing that mattered I'd go live in some country with no soul, no interesting history, dull culture, crap architecture, and boring people.... Scotland is beautiful even in drizzly, cloudy weather, but when the sun comes out it's the most beautiful country in the world, IMO.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 AM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 6,453,936 times
Reputation: 1687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
I love all the great stuff Scotland offers but also get to travel a lot. So I go elsewhere to get at least two months of hot, sunny weather a year. The hot sun is nice, for a while, but my heart is 100% in gorgeous Scotland. If climate was the only thing that mattered I'd go live in some country with no soul, no interesting history, dull culture, crap architecture, and boring people.... Scotland is beautiful even in drizzly, cloudy weather, but when the sun comes out it's the most beautiful country in the world, IMO.
As you can tell i am a american booster but that doesnt stop me from appreciating other countries!!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 06:45 AM
 
Location: Gorgeous Scotland
4,120 posts, read 5,017,995 times
Reputation: 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
As you can tell i am a american booster but that doesnt stop me from appreciating other countries!!!
I appreciate many countries and love to visit them. I used to believe that America was the greatest country in the world, and it might have been, once. But it certainly isn't any more. It's been going downhill in so many ways so fast. I would never live there again for many reasons. I enjoy visiting but mostly because my family is there.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 AM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 6,453,936 times
Reputation: 1687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
I appreciate many countries and love to visit them. I used to believe that America was the greatest country in the world, and it might have been, once. But it certainly isn't any more. It's been going downhill in so many ways so fast. I would never live there again for many reasons. I enjoy visiting but mostly because my family is there.
I dont know one single person in my class that thinks america is the greatest country on earth. Yes it was going downhill fast but Obama is seriously making a difference. Unemployment rate is going down very fast, the decline is very steep, the debt is about to go down once obama passes this new bill so yeah..BUT ONE THING I HATE ABOUT AMERICA IS HOW WE GIVE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO OUR ENEMIES.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Finland
24,257 posts, read 20,832,911 times
Reputation: 11103
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Here is a criteria list since the OP didnt post one...
Diversity-USA
Weather- USA
And your argument to prove this? Europe has lots and lots of different nationalities and peoples, both indegenous to the continent and immigrants.

And your argument for the weather? Texas had freezing temperatures a few days ago, Minnesota and Nebraska had significant snowfall, while Rome was sunny with 27C/81F.

People in general prefer mild weather, not too cold and not too hot. And for mild Europe is perfect. Most large cities in Europe are mild in winter, and warm in summer. Cities like Paris and Barcelona have July highs of 77F and 82F, in the comfortable zone for most, while places like Phoenix is way too hot. Chicago has a high of 84F in July, not much warmer than those locations mentioned above. Milan has also 84F. All those three locations in Europe are warmer in winter than Chicago or NYC.

Last edited by Ariete; 05-05-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 6,453,936 times
Reputation: 1687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And your argument to prove this? Europe has lots and lots of different nationalities and peoples, both indegenous to the continent and immigrants.

And your argument for the weather? Texas had freezing temperatures a few days ago, Minnesota and Nebraska had significant snowfall, while Rome was sunny with 27C/81F.
Sorry but here in the midwest Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland actually every single city besides des monies and denver is 70-80 degrees. Portland and seattle stay in the 50s-60s year round, los angeles stays in the 75 year round, miami stays in 80, you failed to mention the billion other cities in america. I live in chicago and i tell you what i love my 70 degree weather in the north here. Every city right now in america right now is in the 70s-90s except for anchorage alaska You guys get 40 degree weather in the UK, rainy, in finland its 50 degrees, all you guys got is greece, italy and portugal. Your really going to fight me on diversity, germany is like 100% white, Italy is 100% italian, USA is EVERYTHING.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Gorgeous Scotland
4,120 posts, read 5,017,995 times
Reputation: 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Sorry but here in the midwest Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland actually every single city besides des monies and denver is 70-80 degrees. Portland and seattle stay in the 50s-60s year round, los angeles stays in the 75 year round, miami stays in 80, you failed to mention the billion other cities in america. I live in chicago and i tell you what i love my 70 degree weather in the north here. Every city right now in america right now is in the 70s-90s except for anchorage alaska You guys get 40 degree weather in the UK, rainy, in finland its 50 degrees, all you guys got is greece, italy and portugal. Your really going to fight me on diversity, germany is like 100% white, Italy is 100% italian, USA is EVERYTHING.
Get a clue. No country in the world is 100% anything.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 6,453,936 times
Reputation: 1687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Get a clue. No country in the world is 100% anything.
of course its not i am just saying that its mostly germans and italians are you seriously putting "diverse" up against america. You also lost the weather round because every city in america right now is in the 70s to 80s except for anchorage Alaska. Maybe you should get a clue of common sense...i mean seriously you actually think i i was saying germany is fully german of course not.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 08:28 AM
 
541 posts, read 1,345,144 times
Reputation: 944
@ cali Germany is "only" 88% white/European
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany#Demographics


Also there are different definitions of "diversity". Europe has way more historic, ethnic, cultural and lingustic groups than the US, however, the latter has the more "racially" diverse society.

Last edited by brabham12; 05-05-2013 at 08:42 AM..
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top