Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 05:06 PM

242 posts, read 368,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
Huh? I only moved to Toronto ~2 year ago. I lived in Chicago prior to that :roll eyes:

FYI; the EU has something the "new world" (US/Canada/Australia/Latin America/etc.) can never have; history. If you had ever actually been in the areas I listed, you would realize that there truly aren't any other places on earth that could replicate their vibe. If you want something more objective, there are magnitudes more UNESCO designated sites in the EU than the US.
Okay, I don't have a lying detector so...I been to Canada and Australia, never been to latin America, every place has history.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Americans are richer - everyone knows that - but money isn't the sole provider of happiness or a good quality of life. Maybe in your naive and juvenile mind, but not in the real world. Now stop embarrassing yourself.
It seems like with all this money we should be one of the happiest nation on earth, but we aren't, maybe if are media stopped having so much negativity, and are magazines constantly saying "how Courtney Kardashian lost so much weight" everything is about health and looks more so than any country I know besides south Korea, mostly due to are celebrities. On top of that, America is involved in so much finance, and since are economy isn't the best it makes us even more unhappy, on top of that the worst traffic in the developed world, and a good amount of crime.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
No swamps in Europe? What's a marshal (military and law enforcment aside)?
A marshal are just wet lands...please don't tell me Europe magically has swamps now full of alligators and Burmese pythons like we do. Not to mention monkeys, giant snails and gorillas have been reported here.
You guys have this?
http://images.fineartamerica.com/ima...carey-chen.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 11-14-2013 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 11-14-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
Huh? I only moved to Toronto ~2 year ago. I lived in Chicago prior to that :roll eyes:

FYI; the EU has something the "new world" (US/Canada/Australia/Latin America/etc.) can never have; history. If you had ever actually been in the areas I listed, you would realize that there truly aren't any other places on earth that could replicate their vibe. If you want something more objective, there are magnitudes more UNESCO designated sites in the EU than the US.
PS invalid you know I am able to find out who gave me that reputation point comment

Old 11-14-2013, 05:18 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,726,901 times
You didn't mention alligators and burmese pythons in your original post. A swamp doesn't have to be filled with them.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:20 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync3 View Post
It seems like with all this money we should be one of the happiest nation on earth, but we aren't, maybe if are media stopped having so much negativity, and are magazines constantly saying "how Courtney Kardashian lost so much weight" everything is about health and looks more so than any country I know besides south Korea, mostly due to are celebrities. On top of that, America is involved in so much finance, and since are economy isn't the best it makes us even more unhappy, on top of that the worst traffic in the developed world, and a good amount of crime.
The British economy is even more finance-heavy.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
You didn't mention alligators and burmese pythons in your original post. A swamp doesn't have to be filled with them.
I don't get your point? So I should've? um Okay I know that...I was just making a general point...Ever been to a swamp here in the states its pretty cool and your last post were you saying that Europe has swamps? If so I would like to see them

Old 11-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
The British economy is even more finance-heavy.
Yeah I know, but that wasn't the point, America's economy is the worlds largest consumer.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:30 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
Quote:
Kourtney Kardashian has always been in good shape, no one talks about her losing weight.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:33 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,726,901 times
Quote:
I don't get your point? So I should've? um Okay I know that...I was just making a general point...Ever been to a swamp here in the states its pretty cool and your last post were you saying that Europe has swamps? If so I would like to see them
I've edited my post with a link to an europen swamp. Not sure why you're asking for examples, there are swamps everywhere in the World, no need to have Spanish moss and alligators to be labelled so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.