Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:32 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Okay fine to make you happy i will not include Moscow but you guys still have finland, sweden, norway, uk, ireland, estonia, lativia with all those chili temps right now.
Most of those places will have 68-72F tomorrow or on Tuesday. What's your point? You think you can win this argument looking at temps today and only today? It's like saying "my team won the basketball game when we had the upper hand for 2 minutes. The final score was 79-95 and we lost in the end."

In Scandinavia there's 25 million people, in the Baltic States 7 million, Ireland 6 million. The EU has 503 million people. Most couldn't care less what's the temperature in Stockholm right now. It's 61F anyway. Comfortable enough. Most part of the US had similar highs yesterday.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Most of those places will have 68-72F tomorrow or on Tuesday. What's your point? You think you can win this argument looking at temps today and only today? It's like saying "my team won the basketball game when we had the upper hand for 2 minutes. The final score was 79-95 and we lost in the end."

In Scandinavia there's 25 million people, in the Baltic States 7 million, Ireland 6 million. The EU has 503 million people. Most couldn't care less what's the temperature in Stockholm right now. It's 61F anyway. Comfortable enough. The US had similar highs yesterday.
Exactly then how come you said it was snowing in america. It was post 57... lets see what your going to say now.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Moscow is in Europe. How about this reread my post tell me what you think about every city in america in the 60s-90s today except for anchorage.
All I have to say: Portland, Maine.

Either way... Yeah, we have ****ty weather in some regions. Today's temperatures range from 40 degrees in northern Scandinavia to 80+ in southern Spain. I still can't figure out what's bad about that.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
All I have to say: Portland, Maine.

Either way... Yeah, we have ****ty weather in some regions. Today's temperatures range from 40 degrees in northern Scandinavia to 80+ in southern Spain. I still can't figure out what's bad about that.
I dont think its bad either, just the majority of people do...i guess?

Old 05-05-2013, 09:49 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,240,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Russia is excluded from Europe I have already told you that. There are not free borders.
No it's not. You don't get to make up your own facts. Russia west of the Ural mountains is considered part of Europe. Whether or not it has free borders is irrelevant. The UK does not have free borders either but that doesn't mean it's a separate continent (though I'm sure in your world, it is). I don't know why you keep making such embarrassingly ignorant comments. Don't tell me you don't know better. Like I said before, it's almost as if you're proud of your ignorance.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:41 AM

796 posts, read 1,161,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
a gun store on every corner doesn't equal freedom.
Never seen any gun stores anywhere in America... I feel safer in most of America than in most European cities and suburbs.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:45 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
Never seen any gun stores anywhere in America... I feel safer in most of America than in most European cities and suburbs.
I feel safe in both Europe and America...

Old 05-05-2013, 11:50 AM

318 posts, read 624,656 times
Miami is 100 years old and could easily beat most European cities.

Europe is for European people, even light skinned multiracial new worlders look nothing like Europeans and they are treated as outsiders there.

The U.S. is the best country of the world. There are many countries that have a high quality of life because of the protection of the U.S. such as Canada, Australia, and other U.S Allies. Our army takes care of their enemies, and that burden is carried by U.S. citizens, our tax dollars. In return, we don't have universal healthcare, but I personally prefer to be secure when it comes to having the best army in the world.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:52 AM

796 posts, read 1,161,915 times
Scandinavia has generally horrible climate. Little sunshine, moderate to heavy snow, short winter daylight, mild to occasionally warm short summers, and cold to bitter cold winters.

Western Europe has more like 3 season climate with chilly, often gloomy and rainy winters (occasional snow), and mild to occasional warm summers with little sunshine.

Southern Europe (Mediterranean) has warm to hot summers, lots of sunshine, but cool/mild and often gloomy winters. Not any tropical heat though.

The main problem with most of Europe is lack of sunshine and many days with rain. Many cities like Paris, London, Amsterdam lack real winter. Summer should have been slightly warmer too.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:53 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
As a Canadian who has travelled extensively in the U.S. and Europe, although not all the states in the U.S. nor all the countries in the EU, but enough to voice an opinion.
I would choose Europe. However I would still holiday in Canada and the U.S. since Europe lacks the real wilderness that I enjoy.
Europe because of the infrastructure, history, food, healthcare and variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World