Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 AM

15 posts, read 59,559 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I'm a 29 year old spaniard working as an anesthesiologist I'm also a "family doctor". Right now, doctors in Spain don't earn a lot of money, and anyways I've always wanted to move somewhere else, even though I'm glad I grew up here. I am single and I want to move to another country and find a girl that I want to marry and have kids with. I need to know what's the best place for education, health care and of course to have fun. Also, a country where doctors are paid more than Spain, so I was thinking of:
US (Florida, NY, California)
UK (London or London area)
AUS (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Gold Coast)
CANADA (Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa or even Montreal, I speak French as well as SPAN and ENG)
NEW ZEALAND (Auckland, Wellington)

Which one of these places would be the best for what I'm looking for? Do you know any others country/place that would suit me? I like the beach, warm weather (not all year round, and that is close to mountains or places here it snows) and not necessarily dry, I don't mind humidity. I don't want to live in a very expensive country either, so if it's a cheap place to live and I can afford travelling, then I wouldn't mind living on an island (caribbean, pacific). Thank you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 09:18 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,234,400 times
Montreal will welcome you with open arms, especially with your French (Spanish is also in demand, English as a second language is standard). There are excellent hospitals here (very well paid) and the cost of living is low, and the lifestyle a wee bit closer to Europe in terms of fun/liberal attitude. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and humid. There are also some provisions here in regards to health care where you aren't necessarily forced to work ungodly hours... not tooting my own horn here (I'm actually from Vancouver originally) but I think you would really enjoy Montreal.

ETA- Quebec immigration is separate to Canada but I don't think you should have a problem.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:41 AM

15 posts, read 59,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
Montreal will welcome you with open arms, especially with your French (Spanish is also in demand, English as a second language is standard). There are excellent hospitals here (very well paid) and the cost of living is low, and the lifestyle a wee bit closer to Europe in terms of fun/liberal attitude. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and humid. There are also some provisions here in regards to health care where you aren't necessarily forced to work ungodly hours... not tooting my own horn here (I'm actually from Vancouver originally) but I think you would really enjoy Montreal.

ETA- Quebec immigration is separate to Canada but I don't think you should have a problem.
Montreal looks so beautiful and amazing! I've never been there but before I make the decision I'm going to visit some of the places I mentioned before and Montreal has to be one of them. Do you know anything about foreigners having to get different degrees to be able to work as doctors in QC? I know ift's different in every state/province of all the places I said I'd like to live in and that's why I ask. Thanks so much for reading and replying.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,234,400 times
Try checking here, I believe they do individual evaluations.
CICIC::Information for foreign-trained medical doctors > Occupational profiles for selected trades and professions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World