Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
not a fan of patts. place has been completely overrun by scum. but ya a few posters on here are pretty familiar with the places you're mentioning. i used to post quite a bit on the different pattaya forums (secrets, addicts, etc) under the same username.
If they are scum, what does that make folk like you?

Old 05-22-2013, 12:36 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
not really. cambodia gets a lot of attention because there are many highly profitable NGO's operating out of there. but they are more interested in duping naive western donors into giving more money than portraying the facts. the result: you end up with a bunch of idiots like childsafe living like kings getting drunk all day doing absolutely nothing except occasionally pestering male tourists on the beach for no reason.

just look at what happened to nicolas kristoff in poipet. idiot thought there was a big slavery problem just like you. what does he do? he "frees" some of the "slaves" and brings them home to their village. result? girls back on the game in a few days. now he focuses on REAL slavery problems.

as far as genuine sexual slavery goes, i've seen far worse in other countries. most of the local brothels where loan debt was prevalent are gone. westerners were never welcome in that scene in any case.
Eh... Somaly Mam's memoir tells something much different. I get angry just thinking about it. No, Cambodia has a real problem with enslaving little girls. By enslaving I mean intimidating and/or carrying out violence, torture, or execution on girls if they don't do ones will.

I'm offended that you even dismiss it.

As far as I'm concerned Somaly Mam could win the Nobel Peace Prize. And she has little to no formal education. She's a small woman. But her heart and will is giant, enormous, gargantuan compared to mine.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World