Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:54 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,879 times

Advertisements

I think this is dumb.. I'm gay so maybe I'm bias but I don't see any one gender being better looking than the other based on nationality.. people who think that are going from a preconceived notion, rather than actually visiting and seeing for themselves.. I appreciate the beauty in women and see how all nations have beautiful women in their own right..because you may be in eastern europe or whatever thinking my god these women are beautiful...but I'm right there drooling over the guys too... just saying..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 01:42 PM

617 posts, read 1,202,137 times
I'm thinking Nordic men and women look equally attractive (in relation to other areas of the globe). The height works to the men's advantage and the light complexion/blue eyes make the women very desirable.

I think Japanese men are under-rated. I've seen very good looking ones, and I'm a straight male.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:35 PM

824 posts, read 3,602,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
I'm thinking Nordic men and women look equally attractive (in relation to other areas of the globe). The height works to the men's advantage and the light complexion/blue eyes make the women very desirable.

I think Japanese men are under-rated. I've seen very good looking ones, and I'm a straight male.
I agree, Scandinavians and Dutch people are somewhat attractive people as a bunch, males and females there are attractive. In eastern europe definitely women are more attractive than men, although its more the case in Ukraine and Russia, because czech men can be quite attractive too, and so some polish.

Southern european women (spanish, italian, greek, portuguese) arent really that attractive, more homely average girls , but also the men imo are overrated, they arent really that attractive, because croatian or balkanian men can have much more better looks and with similar pigmentations and types sometimes.

British people are somewhat below average for both genders, german women are ok to pretty and german men are perhaps a tad better looking.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:38 PM

318 posts, read 625,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
These sort of statements are always based on stereotypes, and what the culture of the person who is doing the judging values in males/females. Generally, if the women in a place are attractive the men will be too and vice versa. I think a lot of the difference comes down to makeup, hairstyle, dress, behaviour.etc. I don't think British women are that ugly, for instance, and I think Russian men are not seen as hot primarily because they're stereotyped as being drunks or abusive and Russian women overshadow them. Japanese men are not on the same level as Japanese women because women don't have an Asian fetish (well it's not as common) compared to the men, although that could be changing. I've noticed the younger generation have a bit more of a thing for Japanese men due to pop culture.
Most of the Russian guys I've come across are very, very attractive aha, I'm a fan! Although I do think Eastern European girls are perceived as better looking than Eastern European guys, I think Poland, Russia and Serbia to name a few, has some attractive men.

I think Japanese and Korean men are pretty underrated, and I do think there are many attractive Japanese guys, especially in the teen/20 something generation. But I've noticed Japanese and Korean guys in that age group that are perceived as attractive usually tend to have pale skin, larger eyes, higher cheekbones and styled hair.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohsocool View Post
Most of the Russian guys I've come across are very, very attractive aha, I'm a fan! Although I do think Eastern European girls are perceived as better looking than Eastern European guys, I think Poland, Russia and Serbia to name a few, has some attractive men.

I think Japanese and Korean men are pretty underrated, and I do think there are many attractive Japanese guys, especially in the teen/20 something generation. But I've noticed Japanese and Korean guys in that age group that are perceived as attractive usually tend to have pale skin, larger eyes, higher cheekbones and styled hair.
Yes I mean physically speaking what's wrong with Russian men? I'm sure they're plenty attractive. It shows how the media can really skew things.

Japanese men are attractive, for sure, most of them cultivate a more femme, androgynous, stylish image, which might appeal to women who are into that more, but it's not to say they can't appear like masculine men either.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:25 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
From my travels around the world I have found that ...

French women are better looking than the men.

Greek men are better looking than the women.

Egyptian women are better looking than the men.

Scandinavian men are women are equally attractive.

Mexican women are better looking than the men.

Hungarian, Polish and Czech men are better looking than the women.

Colombian, Venezuelan, and Ecuadorian women are better looking than the men.

Russian and Israeli men and women are equally attractive.

Of there are exceptions ....

Old 06-10-2013, 09:44 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,046 times
German men are much more attractive than German women

Polish women are (90% of the time) better looking than Polish men

English men are always better looking than English women

Swedish men & women are equally good looking

French men are definitely better looking than French women

Irish men are way better looking than Irish women

Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
Nothing more scary than older Italian woman.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:59 AM

92 posts, read 159,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
German men are much more attractive than German women

Polish women are (90% of the time) better looking than Polish men

English men are always better looking than English women

Swedish men & women are equally good looking

French men are definitely better looking than French women

Irish men are way better looking than Irish women
You are so wrong on all of those except the Poles and the Germans. The opposite is actually the case of the rest.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:55 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,576,766 times
^^ that is not true.. because this is entirely subjective. There is no right or wrong answer. You cannot measure beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World