Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Racist Developed Countries
Norway 7 1.85%
Australia 55 14.51%
America 116 30.61%
Germany 23 6.07%
Netherlands 7 1.85%
Sweden 10 2.64%
Ireland 12 3.17%
New Zealand 1 0.26%
Switzerland 16 4.22%
Japan 132 34.83%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:11 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,876,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
According to various studies, Anglophone and Northern European countries are the least racist in the world.

http://www.oecd.org/berlin/47570353.pdf

A fascinating map of the world’s most and least racially tolerant countries - The Washington Post

Also, LOL at this poll. The US is far from being the most racist country in the developed world. Anyone who thinks that it's the most racist is probably severely ignorant and misinformed imho. Same goes for Australia too. These two nations in particular seem to have 'racist' reputations dog them when, in reality, studies (as demonstrated in the links above) actually show that they're among the most tolerant nations. Many European countries put these two to shame in terms of racism.

It maybe because because the racism is so visible in the US and Australia, and is not generally accepted so it is also glaring. When someone does something racist everybody points and says "that's racist" versus the truly racist countries where no one bats an eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 02:18 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,948,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
It maybe because because the racism is so visible in the US and Australia, and is not generally accepted so it is also glaring. When someone does something racist everybody points and says "that's racist" versus the truly racist countries where no one bats an eye.
Or maybe it's because they are the most in the poll

Old 08-28-2014, 02:49 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,735,095 times
Quote:
According to various studies, Anglophone and Northern European countries are the least racist in the world.

http://www.oecd.org/berlin/47570353.pdf

A fascinating map of the world’s most and least racially tolerant countries - The Washington Post

Also, LOL at this poll. The US is far from being the most racist country in the developed world. Anyone who thinks that it's the most racist is probably severely ignorant and misinformed imho. Same goes for Australia too. These two nations in particular seem to have 'racist' reputations dog them when, in reality, studies (as demonstrated in the links above) actually show that they're among the most tolerant nations. Many European countries put these two to shame in terms of racism.
I think that's true.

I few months ago in Sydney there was an incident in which a female train passenger experienced a pretty severe melt down and verbally abused a number of people on her train. She was white as were most of her victims, who included small kids and their mother. It was totally unacceptable behaviour, and of course was headline news here.

But overseas media only reported one part of her tirade and reported the incident from a "Australia is racist" slant. They didn't seem to care at all that a family of small white kids were left traumatised by a middle aged white woman having a mental health episode.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:29 PM

769 posts, read 1,003,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_Lord View Post
Or maybe it's because they are the most in the poll
Rightttt.... because C-D polls are MUCH more accurate and factual than actual scientific studies done by professionals and experts

One of the studies I linked in my previous post looked at decades worth of data and was examined by two Swedish economists as a matter of fact.Go figure LOL.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Rightttt.... because C-D polls are MUCH more accurate and factual than actual scientific studies done by professionals and experts

One of the studies I linked in my previous post looked at decades worth of data and was examined by two Swedish economists as a matter of fact.Go figure LOL.
Most racist in the poll I meant, not as in they are winning the poll...

What has science got to do with racism anyways...

Old 08-28-2014, 04:57 PM

1,574 posts, read 5,098,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post

"Island mentality"? Uh...You're speaking of Australia like it's a small island with backward mentality, when it's completely the opposite. Well done, now you just became that "ignorant American" who doesn't know the world. Australia's landmass is as large as contagious USA and Europe (making it a continent). Now why don't YOU step off your country and learn something?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_(continent)
I am very well-traveled domestically as well as internationally- very likely far more than yourself.

I know you think of the US (or at least a region of it) as a disease but it's not "contagious" as you put it- contiguous is what you mean. If you want to prove a point (questionable)- at least get the words right

Old 08-28-2014, 05:33 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,420,288 times
Quote:
America's racists are from that region. And THAT region is mainly made up of racists. Same meaning, different structure. No "back-pedaling" there. Nice try.

"Island mentality"? Uh...You're speaking of Australia like it's a small island with backward mentality, when it's completely the opposite. Well done, now you just became that "ignorant American" who doesn't know the world. Australia's landmass is as large as contagious USA and Europe (making it a continent). Now why don't YOU step off your country and learn something?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_(continent)
You sure about that?

Old 08-28-2014, 05:46 PM

I'm sure Australia knows more about the outside world than America...

Old 08-29-2014, 08:51 PM

11,645 posts, read 12,870,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
I am very well-traveled domestically as well as internationally- very likely far more than yourself.

I know you think of the US (or at least a region of it) as a disease but it's not "contagious" as you put it- contiguous is what you mean. If you want to prove a point (questionable)- at least get the words right
Humans don't make mistakes in your world? How arrogant...

Awesome, you're a frequent traveler. I salute you. Say, have you also been to the moon?

Quote:
According to various studies, Anglophone and Northern European countries are the least racist in the world. Also, LOL at this poll. The US is far from being the most racist country in the developed world. Anyone who thinks that it's the most racist is probably severely ignorant and misinformed imho. Same goes for Australia too. These two nations in particular seem to have 'racist' reputations dog them when, in reality, studies (as demonstrated in the links above) actually show that they're among the most tolerant nations. Many European countries put these two to shame in terms of racism.
Exactly. Germany, Italy and Spain can be very racist. Look, both Australia and America have racism (bogans/rednecks) but they aren't that extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You sure about that?
Well, I have heard some bad crap from those in the southern bible belt. Again, I know a number of them are nice, accepting people. But some hardcore American racists tend to come from that region. Look, in Australia the racists would primarily be from Queensland, like Brisbane for example. I don't know, does hot humid weather make people racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_Lord View Post
I'm sure Australia knows more about the outside world than America...
You're gonna get a lot of hate now for saying that.

Last edited by Ethereal; 08-29-2014 at 09:04 PM..

Old 08-29-2014, 10:23 PM

131 posts, read 167,811 times
Quote:
Please don't speak when your country has a region mainly made up of racist rednecks (*cough* America's south).

Our capitals (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, etc) are no more or less racist than NYC, LA, Chicago...

Oh, the last time "racism in police" happened here was in 2004 (Redfern Riots). You guys had one just a few weeks ago and one again in 2012. Our one wasn't as half as bad since the cops didn't kill the Aboriginal (they chased him, he ran and impaled himself on a fence).
By far the most ignorant statement I have come across in a long time, yeah sure there might be a few racist rednecks but I can tell you even with the south having a greater population than all of australia you never hear about white people attacking a black person or Asian person in the south unlike in Australia, hell I can say the same for Australia, there are ALWAYS news articles about someone attacking a German couple or a French or a Korean or whatever. Dont base the entire south off of a stereotype. Yeah tell us about all those racial incidents and attacking in Australia I would love to hear about it.
PS You dont know if it was racism in the Ferguson case stop watching the Australia news, I seen the Australian news website its nothing but American articles on the world forum, not even important american stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World