Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Racist Developed Countries
Norway 7 1.85%
Australia 55 14.51%
America 116 30.61%
Germany 23 6.07%
Netherlands 7 1.85%
Sweden 10 2.64%
Ireland 12 3.17%
New Zealand 1 0.26%
Switzerland 16 4.22%
Japan 132 34.83%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times

Advertisements

Very sinister I feel. This coming from a country who has a history like yours. I can maybe take it from some tolerant utopia but coming from you ill take it with a pinch of salt.

If anything our country is to tolerant. We allow people to openly say they want to kill all westerners and let them off scot free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 03:54 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,215,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Why is America on there, but England is not? America, after all, has a black president, in a nation that is only 12% of African origin.

In England, there are gangs of white youths who attack blacks and Asians who are out and about minding their own business. (Russia is also notorious for these random racial attacks in public, especially in Moscow and on the subways, but I assume the OP doesn't consider Russia a 1st world nation). In America, random racial attacks are virtually unheard of. The last time I remember something like that happening was in the early 1990s, in Texas, where those teenagers abducted and dragged that black guy from behind their truck.
nobody considers Russia a first world nation, they are second world, anyway i got my data from a unbias website.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
If anyone it should be the americans that hate the muslims simply because they hate us so much they have blown up soo many of our buildings, they freaking had a huge protest burning american flags a year ago in countries like Syria yet america gives them 100 million in aid. Yet most americans like me still like the muslims. I dont think there is anything wrong with them, just some of them are influenced heavily by the taliban.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Why is America on there, but England is not? America, after all, has a black president, in a nation that is only 12% of African origin.

In England, there are gangs of white youths who attack blacks and Asians who are out and about minding their own business. (Russia is also notorious for these random racial attacks in public, especially in Moscow and on the subways, but I assume the OP doesn't consider Russia a 1st world nation). In America, random racial attacks are virtually unheard of. The last time I remember something like that happening was in the early 1990s, in Texas, where those teenagers abducted and dragged that black guy from behind their truck.
That was one incident and only one or two more that have happened in the past 10 years.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
I really can't believe that people are offering their wisdom and insight on a country that they evidently know absolutely nothing about, let alone visited. Can people please substantiate their claims that white youths in Britain spontaneously attack black people for no apparent reason? And please don't cite one solitary incident reported in the Daily Mail or the Sun, as that is not substance, that is cherry-picking to prove a misguided point. I'd also like to see the evidence that supports the notion that England is 'more racist' than Texas.

I await with trepidation.

Oh, and a P.S - that CNN 'opinion' article is, of course, a load of hogwash. There was no anti-Muslim backlash against Muslims during the 7 July Bombings in 2005, so it is rather funny that he decides to pick out this incident in what appears to be a self-reassurance article - clearly this man is very insecure about the United States and needs to proclaim that it is better than country x, y and z. I think this incident is slightly different to the 7 July bombings - he was butchered in broad daylight for a start, and one of the killers, with blood-covered hands and a bloodied meat cleaver, then went on camera and tried to justify his actions, which was then broadcast on television for all to see. This doesn't excuse the thuggish nature of the English Defence League and their neanderthal supporters, but it does tell you that this is different to your typical terrorist attack, and as the comments on that article suggest, England is a smaller country, and Muslims make up a larger proportion of our population, so the opportunity for anti-Muslim attacks is a lot greater than it is in the US.

Regardless, using this incident in isolation to justify such nonsense is absolutely pathetic on the part of that Dean Obeidallah, and I am saddened that anyone would post that drivel on here to try and make a point. I thought we knew better than that.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 05-29-2013 at 05:57 PM..

Old 05-29-2013, 05:55 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I really can't believe that people are offering their wisdom and insight on a country that they evidently know absolutely nothing about, let alone visited. Can people please substantiate their claims that white youths in Britain spontaneously attack black people for no apparent reason? And please don't cite one solitary incident reported in the Daily Mail or the Sun, as that is not substance, that is cherry-picking to prove a misguided point. I'd also like to see the evidence that supports the notion that England is 'more racist' than Texas.

I await with trepidation.
Saying England is more racist than Texas isnt saying much.
Texas is NOT that racist, they have the most diverse city in the nation.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
I don't care how 'racist' Texas is - I still want to hear his thoughts. I want him to explain, in full detail, why he thinks England is 'more racist' than Texas. I don't want him to base his opinions on media reporting, either, as you cannot gauge how the general populous act or think via the media, you actually need to experience the people by visiting that country. Sadly, many people on here seem more content on basing opinions on misconceptions rather than actual experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
If anyone it should be the americans that hate the muslims simply because they hate us so much they have blown up soo many of our buildings, they freaking had a huge protest burning american flags a year ago in countries like Syria yet america gives them 100 million in aid. Yet most americans like me still like the muslims. I dont think there is anything wrong with them, just some of them are influenced heavily by the taliban.
They don't hate you so much - they hate the Western world. They target America because a) it is usually the main instigator regarding Western involvement in foreign countries, such as Iraq and Afghanistan and b) it's larger and more well-known.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:15 PM

844 posts, read 1,657,549 times
Teenage girl beaten in nasty racist attack in Plymouth street | This is Plymouth
A YOUNG female Chinese student was beaten to the verge of unconsciousness in what police have described as a "blatant and nasty racist attack" in Plymouth city centre.
The 19-year-old victim told The Herald how she was set upon by a racist thug nearly twice her age in the shocking and vicious early hours assault.

Record number of 'racist' attacks on English in Scotland - Telegraph
Anti-English rhetoric is at risk of “creeping” into Scottish society after police reported a record number of racist attacks against white Britons, it has been claimed.
(as you see, people hate each other)

Racist war of the loyalist street gangs | UK news | The Guardian
Racist war of the loyalist street gangs
Orchestrated attacks on minorities raise fears of ethnic cleansing
(ethnic cleansing! never heard of it in the U.S)

Police apologise for missing racist attack - Crime - UK - The Independent
(just more story)

Old 05-29-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag77845 View Post
Teenage girl beaten in nasty racist attack in Plymouth street | This is Plymouth
A YOUNG female Chinese student was beaten to the verge of unconsciousness in what police have described as a "blatant and nasty racist attack" in Plymouth city centre.
The 19-year-old victim told The Herald how she was set upon by a racist thug nearly twice her age in the shocking and vicious early hours assault.

Record number of 'racist' attacks on English in Scotland - Telegraph
Anti-English rhetoric is at risk of “creeping” into Scottish society after police reported a record number of racist attacks against white Britons, it has been claimed.
(as you see, people hate each other)

Racist war of the loyalist street gangs | UK news | The Guardian
Racist war of the loyalist street gangs
Orchestrated attacks on minorities raise fears of ethnic cleansing
(ethnic cleansing! never heard of it in the U.S)

Police apologise for missing racist attack - Crime - UK - The Independent
(just more story)
This is sad.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:48 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Maybe I am going to sound stupid,but how is being anti muslim racist?
Muslims come in a variety of races,so that's actually incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World