Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Back in the day when I was going to college in Maryland, I used to get hit on by blonde girls a lot... more so than any other kind of women it seems, now that I think about it.

I dated a number of them then and since, so I've had my share. Good times. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 03:47 PM

597 posts, read 1,298,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Everytime I read forums I see how guys from asia, arab countries, and india adore blonde women so much, and ask for tips how to attract white women, specially the blondes (they seem to have an unhealthy obsession for blonde women). The same thing you can see mong minorities growing up in countries such as the US, Canada, Australia, NZ they always become blonde obsessed and want to do anything but smash blonde women.

what about the own white americans, they always put blondes on a pedestal and idealize the blonde/busty women on media. Its also popular how many southern europeans chase northern european blondes when they go on summer holidays, just because they are blonde.

Why is this world fascination with the blondes? Chinese/Japanese/Korean people take pictures at them as if they were exotic animals and smile/stare at them all the time.
It is just a baseless obsession, a big nonsense.
I like all sorts of women: Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads, Black Women, etc...
Women are the best things that God created in the world.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:31 PM

59 posts, read 97,368 times
Anglo-Saxon Americans obsessed over blondes? Blondes are so 1979!

Since the 80's the US had been changing their ideal of female beauty little by little.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:16 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
It is just a baseless obsession, a big nonsense.
I like all sorts of women: Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads, Black Women, etc...
Women are the best things that God created in the world.
Here, here!

Old 08-09-2013, 12:41 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I have no idea and find it somewhat creepy. As a Norwegian, I am surrounded by natural blondes. I prefer brunettes but there is still something special about natural blondes with blue eyes. They generally look much fresher than brunettes.
Buts those are the natural blondes from countries like Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, countries with a quite high population of natural blond peoples. The blondes from the US and UK (insert any other anglo country you wish) are more often than not bleached brunettes, usually women with dark brown or chesnut hair who bleach their hair light yellow color (sometimes even platinium) and when the roots show off it looks simply gross. So many White Americans would have a negative stereotype of blondes, based on what they see back home, but one reality they are not even noticing those blondes are usually women who bleach their hair yellow, and they are on reality insecure brunettes/dark brunettes.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:44 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
I'm a white male (brown hair, brown eyes) and I definitely prefer brunettes. Since blonde women are quite common here in Flanders (a lot less in Wallonia), they're not all that special to me.
Well they are way less common among white people from "anglo" countries, In Most areas of the US, UK, (insert any other anglo country you please) most of the blondes you see on the street are bleaches brunettes/dark haired.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:34 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I prefer brunettes but there is still something special about natural blondes with blue eyes. They generally look much fresher than brunettes.
couldn't disagree more. women with brown and black hear look MUCH "fresher". skin and facial imperfections are much more obvious on women with blonde hair. they look older than they are on average. aged and worn. not a good look IMO.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,016 times
I don't know why white so obsessed with blonde, is that true that blonde woman is desire by white men, cause I see in america, britain, australia, canada, almost all european film blonde always get attention. is that true blonde so good

Old 12-02-2013, 02:27 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
People here aren't obsessed with blondes or with being blonde. If anything, more women nowadays are dyeing their hair black and red as opposed to blonde. Blonde hair is overrated in my opinion, and I prefer brown/black hair, especially with light eyes.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:53 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay12 View Post
Anglo-Saxon Americans obsessed over blondes? Blondes are so 1979!

Since the 80's the US had been changing their ideal of female beauty little by little.
Female beauty ideal has gotten darker. Blonds featured more decades ago in models/ads/etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/18/wo...9975.html?_r=0

So consumed were Americans with this ideal that in the '70s and '80s the fashion models who exemplified the All-American look were typically Scandinavian, said Katie Ford, CEO of Ford Models in New York, which has been in business for 60 years. But in the past decade those standards have begun to change, and Madison Avenue has taken note. The look advertisers want today favors honey-colored skin, brown hair, and green or brown eyes. The most successful models are coming from Brazil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World