Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Country has the most fame in celebrities, movies, music?
UK 18 14.63%
America 92 74.80%
Australia 5 4.07%
Canada 8 6.50%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:32 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times

Advertisements

Came across this,

Hollywood International: the Film Industry by the Numbers

Very impressive, glad to be from a place with so much talent and so much influence on the world.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Came across this,

Hollywood International: the Film Industry by the Numbers

Very impressive, glad to be from a place with so much talent and so much influence on the world.
There are some really good movies and directors there, many of whom were not even mentioned. However, does this prove the US has a better industry or that we just have more money to throw at it? Or does throwing more money at it make it better?

Old 07-17-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
There are some really good movies and directors there, many of whom were not even mentioned. However, does this prove the US has a better industry or that we just have more money to throw at it? Or does throwing more money at it make it better?
Yes, people don't pay money to.watch movies they don't like....

Old 07-17-2013, 12:21 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
If the quality of the product was the only marketing needed, there would not be so much money dumped into marketing.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes, people don't pay money to.watch movies they don't like....
Based on your other posts, I think you're intelligent enough to know that's not what I was referring to.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
If the quality of the product was the only marketing needed, there would not be so much money dumped into marketing.
I can see your point but I think that's only half of it. Money helps with promoting. The more you have, the better promotion can be made. I know this being a musician where, if I had the money, I'd be able to have my music pitched to radio much easier and have the marketing to get it out there. If you ever wonder why there's so much bad music out there, that's why.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my American movies too. However, I do tend to have a very eclectic taste in them just to get some variety. Regardless of the genre, most Hollywood films general rehash the same stories and plots. Ever notice how most movies, even if it's not a romance or romantic comedy, contain some sort of love story? I wouldn't called that creative necessarily. The hero always saves the day, the guy always gets the girl in most of these. That's not really creativity.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 PM

168 posts, read 251,403 times
Quote:
I can see your point but I think that's only half of it. Money helps with promoting. The more you have, the better promotion can be made. I know this being a musician where, if I had the money, I'd be able to have my music pitched to radio much easier and have the marketing to get it out there. If you ever wonder why there's so much bad music out there, that's why.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my American movies too. However, I do tend to have a very eclectic taste in them just to get some variety. Regardless of the genre, most Hollywood films general rehash the same stories and plots. Ever notice how most movies, even if it's not a romance or romantic comedy, contain some sort of love story? I wouldn't called that creative necessarily. The hero always saves the day, the guy always gets the girl in most of these. That's not really creativity.
Because no one wants to see some garbage that makes them think about the real world, it's about escapism, when you are being told a story you want to revert to a mindset where there is always a happy ending and the good guy wins.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:51 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrannosaurusZack View Post
Because no one wants to see some garbage that makes them think about the real world, it's about escapism, when you are being told a story you want to revert to a mindset where there is always a happy ending and the good guy wins.
Only if you're a narrow-minded person. A film that makes you think is automatically garbage? Please

Old 07-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,919,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
It seems that most developed or globalized countries watch american movies and listen to MOSLTY american music, why is that, is there a history for this wonderful country in getting all the fame? . By the way i am a huge fan of Adele, the beetles and other artist. Also looking at some countries top movies right now like Australia, al the top movies are american in developed or globalized countries, why is this, does america just get lucky?
I should have said these words of wisdom for world reality earlier in this topic instead of another topic:

Why don’t you realize yet plenty of people are not America obsessed and some don’t even care? When people get busy in life, or having excitement wherever they are in the world, the status of a particular country doesn’t matter in this context.

I honestly can't believe this recent topic: “Why does America have all the fame, celebrities, billionaires, and movies” is even existing in the World forum. The title itself is very false, delusional, misleading to world reality, and even offensive to countries all over the world.

There is plenty of countries all over the world, at least 50 countries total in Europe, Asia, South America, Oceania having their own successful people, fame in their own native or adopted new country, economically wealthy people, millionaires, billionaires, celebrities, music, movies, and other good characteristics in society.

Maybe I have to tell you the list of 25 to 50+ countries having a large percentage of people having a good life, being well in society there, and showing there is plenty of culturally wealthy, economically wealthy, and developed countries all over the world having their own unique culture not being directly related to your view of provincial USA.

Then again, the title of the topic is actually noticeably different from what is being said in the actual post and you said the title is a joke and not exactly the same for what is being said in a post. I actually understand some of what you are saying, even if I completely don't agree for the most part.

However, I believe people from most countries should start ignoring and resisting the negative forms of American influence. For one example, most of the tacky, generic, boring chain stores should disappear in most countries. People should know the importance of supporting more local independent stores/businesses and to stop going to most chain stores from USA. There is also a few other negative, corrupted characteristics to avoid, ignore, and not follow from USA.

At the same time, there is obviously positive, good features of American culture, so people have to know the positive/good parts of culture vs. the negative/bad parts of culture, and choose what to follow regarding this part of life.

People have to enjoy and support at the same time the regional national culture of the country they live in.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
People have to enjoy and support at the same time the regional national culture of the country they live in.
People will chose to watch whatever they want.
alot of people seem to watch alot of our movies, shows and listen to our music. and there is nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World