Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Country has the most fame in celebrities, movies, music?
UK 18 14.63%
America 92 74.80%
Australia 5 4.07%
Canada 8 6.50%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
For the millionth time ughh...it was a joke. I got tired of seeing all the negative American threads so I made a positive one, I wouldn't say we have all of it but we have most of it in the developed world.
Okay, so the title topic was a joke after all and maybe being sarcastic. If you weren’t having insecurities about USA, maybe you would not feel the need to create a “positive topic,” and a topic having a positive theme should be something different.

I wouldn’t say in modern times USA has most of it in the developed world. Maybe 20% to 33%, but not quite the majority of it.

There is no reason for a frivolous competitive mindset, and having a conflicting, ignorant view of the world.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Keep up we have already been through this, the list of the most popular musicians are dominated by American artist.

I don't care, i'm talking about people outside the United States watching our movies, tv shows and listening to our music.

I want you to quote me where i said USA is the only country with popular movies and music, i said a great amount come from here, especially compared to other countries.
I also want you to quote where i said i have never visited any country outside the USA.

Lol

Really? you posted something about the USA of course its going to get alot of attention (butthurt).
What you are saying is just not true, and there shouldn’t be a debate anymore when I already proved to you what I said is right. Time to move on from this topic.

You should care there is a noticeable and maybe relatively large percentage of Americans following music, movies, and other forms of culture from all of those international countries I said earlier.

There is plenty of posts where it seems easy to make this presumption related to paragraph 3. Don’t take it personally. There is plenty of countries having a large amount of cultural wealth, popular movies, music, and other positive characteristics of society originally from those countries.

Quote:
So we have to compare USA to "the rest of the world" for it to even be a competition?
you all keep making me more and more proud to be an American.
You probably got bored of USA or something, now just getting insecurities about USA, and bringing it up too much when not always appropriate. What countries have you visited or lived in outside of USA?

People are easily able to enjoy countries, or any regional place, and having pride without ever showing overly provincial, narrow minded, or ignorant opinions, and never having to show conflicting, wasteful, overly competitive opinions.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM

Anyways, this topic should end with this quoted post being the final post for summarizing very well the title being very false, and wrong, and to know the reality of the world when reading this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I should have said these words of wisdom for world reality earlier in this topic instead of another topic:

Why don’t you realize yet plenty of people are not America obsessed and some don’t even care?When people get busy in life, or having excitement wherever they are in the world, the status of a particular country doesn’t matter in this context.

I honestly can't believe this recent topic: “Why does America have all the fame, celebrities, billionaires, and movies” is even existing in the World forum.The title itself is very false, delusional, misleading to world reality, and even offensive to countries all over the world.

There is plenty of countries all over the world, at least 50 countries total in Europe, Asia, South America, Oceania having their own successful people, fame in their own native or adopted new country, economically wealthy people, millionaires, billionaires, celebrities, music, movies, and other good characteristics in society.

Maybe I have to tell you the list of 25 to 50+ countries having a large percentage of people having a good life, being well in society there, and showing there is plenty of culturally wealthy, economically wealthy, and developed countries all over the world having their own unique culture not being directly related to your view of provincial USA.

Then again, the title of the topic is actually noticeably different from what is being said in the actual post and you said the title is a joke and not exactly the same for what is being said in a post. I actually understand some of what you are saying. even if I completely don't agree for the most part.

However, I believe people from most countries should start ignoring and resisting the negative forms of American influence. For one example, most of the tacky, generic, boring chain stores should disappear in most countries. People should know the importance of supporting more local independent stores/businesses and to stop going to most chain stores from USA. There is also a few other negative, corrupted characteristics to avoid, ignore, and not follow from USA.

At the same time, there is obviously positive, good features of American culture, so people have to know the positive/good parts of culture vs. the negative/bad parts of culture, and choose what to follow regarding this part of life.

People have to enjoy and support at the same time the regional national culture of the country they live in.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:55 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
What you are saying is just not true, and there shouldn’t be a debate anymore when I already proved to you what I said is right. Time to move on from this topic.

You should care there is a noticeable and maybe relatively large percentage of Americans following music, movies, and other forms of culture from all of those international countries I said earlier.

There is plenty of posts where it seems easy to make this presumption related to paragraph 3. Don’t take it personally. There is plenty of countries having a large amount of cultural wealth, popular movies, music, and other positive characteristics of society originally from those countries.

You probably got bored of USA or something, now just getting insecurities about USA, and bringing it up too much when not always appropriate. What countries have you visited or lived in outside of USA?

People are easily able to enjoy countries, or any regional place, and having pride without ever showing overly provincial, narrow minded, or ignorant opinions, and never having to show conflicting, wasteful, overly competitive opinions.

Okay so all these people are wrong....?

Spoiler

You didnt read the whole thread, earlier in this thread i posted facts and everyone got butthurt.
people started randomly bringing up teenage pregnancies, i say one good thing about my own country and everyone gets their panties in a wad, pretty hilarious.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:11 PM

My posts from this thread.
Quote:
The major film studios
Columbia Pictures , Warner Bros. , Walt Disney Pictures , Universal Studios , 20th Century Fox, Paramount Pictures , Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

All from the United States. Is this not true? if not true what are the major film studios?

They created the most successful movies in the world such as
Gone with the Wind , Star Wars , Titanic and Avatar. Is this not true? if not true than what are the most successful movies in the world

Most iconic actors
John Wayne , Marilyn Monroe , Charles Chaplin , Humphrey Bogart , Marlon Brando , Robert De Niro , Al Pacino , Johnny Depp , Leonardo Dicaprio.
all American.
Most iconic actors can be very subjective, but you have to admit these are some big name celeberties

Many great artist come from the United Kingdom, such as The Beatles , Led Zeppelin , Elton John , Pink Floyd.
United States' greatest would be Elvis , Michael Jackson , Madonna and Mariah Carey
Quote:
Bollywood produces more films.
Hollywood spends more money on their films and have a much larger revenues.

Graphic: Bollywood vs. Hollywood - Businessweek

Difference Between Bollywood and Hollywood | Difference Between | Bollywood vs Hollywood
Are these sources false?

Quote:
Expressing opinions on a internet forum puts people off?

there is an unusual amount of annoying American bashing and when we just say something positive about our own country people are all like:
"yea yea we get it usa is number 1!"
"you dumb brainwashied redneck!"
or they start nit picking stats to try to make us seem bad.

but i guess we are the largest developed nation in the world.
a lot of our movies and tv shows are shown all over the world.
subway and mcdonalds are all over the world,
we usually get the most medals during the summer olympics...
etc... etc...
so i guess we are bound to get this childish attitude directed towards us.
Just more facts.... unless someone can prove otherwise

Of all the info above, show me what is false.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
So we have to compare USA to "the rest of the world" for it to even be a competition?
you all keep making me more and more proud to be an American.
Why are you so insecure about the US? It doesn't make sense. I simply said in the world as I didn't point out a specific country but since you seem to only understand direct simplicity; Dj Bobo, a Swiss artist has been on the charts in most countries and has done HUGE concerts. One show being so popular, he did it a second time. He's has songs in the top ten and top five even in Canada and Mexico, won at least ten World Music Awards, and is a big factor in the world food organization. So far, he has done one show in the US, in Las Vegas. Now, you may respond with your usual dismissive attitude and think I am being anti-American just because I don't agree with you. I'm used to it by now. My point is, there are artist from other countries who have become popular beyond their own borders while not having to throw as much money at it convincing the masses that their good. People just know they are.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Why are you so insecure about the US? It doesn't make sense. I simply said in the world as I didn't point out a specific country but since you seem to only understand direct simplicity; Dj Bobo, a Swiss artist has been on the charts in most countries and has done HUGE concerts. One show being so popular, he did it a second time. He's has songs in the top ten and top five even in Canada and Mexico, won at least ten World Music Awards, and is a big factor in the world food organization. So far, he has done one show in the US, in Las Vegas. Now, you may respond with your usual dismissive attitude and think I am being anti-American just because I don't agree with you. I'm used to it by now. My point is, there are artist from other countries who have become popular beyond their own borders while not having to throw as much money at it convincing the masses that their good. People just know they are.
I know the title of the thread is throwing people off and it may seem like i'm saying no one else contributes to the world.

However i do know that there are other famous artist from other countries especially from the U.K but the USA has a larger number of celebrities, billionaires and movies because we have Hollywood, we are the largest developed nation in the world, and most powerful country in the world.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:40 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
I know the title of the thread is throwing people off and it may seem like i'm saying no one else contributes to the world.

However i do know that there are other famous artist from other countries especially from the U.K but the USA has a larger number of celebrities, billionaires and movies because we have Hollywood, we are the largest developed nation in the world, and most powerful country in the world.
Think I get where you're coming from now.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Okay so all these people are wrong....?

You didnt read the whole thread, earlier in this thread i posted facts and everyone got butthurt.
people started randomly bringing up teenage pregnancies, i say one good thing about my own country and everyone gets their panties in a wad, pretty hilarious.

The poll in this topic was not worthy of attention because it such a poorly conceived poll only including 4 countries out of 195 countries in the world, almost as if the OP thinks there is only 4 countries existing and completely forgetting 90% of the world.

The poll at the absolute minimum should include 20 to 30 countries, and allowing multiple choice voting. Poll options was obviously too biased to only Anglophone countries, making it even more ridiculous.

The title does not correspond well at all for what someone was trying to say and was a failed attempt. Then the same person said the topic was a joke and they didn’t want so much posts in this topic.

This topic should have been closed or deleted a long time ago, and I don’t see any point for why it went this far when the answer to the question is obvious and I said this in post number 433/page 44.

I am going to briefly quote some of the post: “There is plenty of countries all over the world, at least 50 countries total in Europe, Asia, South America, Oceania having their own successful people, fame in their own native or adopted new country, economically wealthy people, millionaires, billionaires, celebrities, music, movies, and other good characteristics in society.

Maybe I have to tell you the list of 25 to 50+ countries having a large percentage of people having a good life, being well in society there, and showing there is plenty of culturally wealthy, economically wealthy, and developed countries all over the world having their own unique culture not being directly related to a country you are saying."

Anyways, I am not going to say more after this post in a delusional topic title, so no more responses. I said everything essential I needed to say and plenty of people agree with me, probably 90% of all posters.

Quote:
My posts from this thread.

Are these sources I said false?

Just more facts.... unless someone can prove otherwise

Of all the info above, show me what is false.
The sources you are attempting to use is distortion and manipulation of facts, just try to prove your point, even when you probably know you are wrong. Why are you showing so much insecurity about USA? This topic is also very biased to population size, and USA just happens to have the 3rd largest population size.

I appreciate, like, and respect plenty of countries all over the world while also liking USA too.

I just find it lame, boring, or pathetic to use some of those frivolous, ignorant, falsely generalized views of USA. There is no reason for a wasteful competition.

When people get busy in life, or having happiness, satisfaction, contentment, or excitement wherever they are in the world, the status of a particular country doesn’t matter at all in this context for people's lives. The connection to power is relative, so I don’t agree with what you said there, neither. Time to move on.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:44 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
Too many mental images come to my mind in this post. Does this mean i'm nasty?

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World