Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 02:38 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times

Advertisements

I used to follow Scandinavia and the World - good blog/comic/thingy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 09:00 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
It was kind of a joke but lets be honest, go to the Canada forum and look at the most replied threads.
Its not an obsession but i think its obvious more people in Canada, Australia or U.K will mention America in their daily conversation than vice versa thanks to our large influence on the world, news, power, etc...
Yeah after high school all my friends with separate ways...one now lives in Toronto and she swears all they care about is America, they watch American movies, listen to mostly American artists, watch American tv shows, watch Americans news and so on.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Yea, yeah. Get a life. Why do you constantly feel the need to tell everyone how great your country is? It has the opposite effect, you are trying to hard.
Like you don't Why is everyone on city data oh that's right to debate and tell others how great their country is...

Old 07-07-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Australia:
Surf dude hanging around the beach all day wearing nothing else but shorts, toe slippers, a fisherman's hat and Oakley sunglasses.
Likes to walk around without a shirt on as much as possible, showing off his 6-pack.
America the fat American trying to rapping his range rover with a gun in his car to threaten people if they cut him off...lol jk its too hard to determine if America was a person, on one side of the country it would be a Mexican on the other side it would be a Italian at the mall...

Old 07-07-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Americans don't go to the same cheap vacation spots as Brits nor do they follow football, so the older stereotype from the old days of the empire, when the Brits you'd hear about were famous intellectuals or powerful aristocrats, still remains the dominant stereotype in many ways. Europeans, who are intimately familiar with a greater slice of the British population, see the less flattering aspects of British culture.
Not true many of us follow football...yes I know its called soccer here.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:19 PM

141 posts, read 204,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
U.K, Canada and Australia tend to be obsessed with America while America doesn't really care about either one of them

America dresses casual, and is outgoing and friendly.
Here ^^^^

Old 07-08-2013, 01:35 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,740,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
WTF! lol :-D, As a Britain here is my take on it:-
The UK would be the good looking popular person who gets all the attention.
Australia and Canada would be besties but kind of envious of the UK
the US would be the arrogant b who think they're too good to hang around with low class loud obnoxious ppl like the UK and Australia....and they may sometimes tolerate Canada.
:-D
Would any Canadian or Australian like to add what they think?? lol
As an Aussie speaking to a "Brit".....do you really want to go there?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 PM

598 posts, read 955,593 times
Since we have the map of Tasmania, we would be a female and look like Miranda Kerr.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:37 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Yeah after high school all my friends with separate ways...one now lives in Toronto and she swears all they care about is America, they watch American movies, listen to mostly American artists, watch American tv shows, watch Americans news and so on.

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. Your "friend" is either an idiot, or someone you made up.
I live half a mile away from Detroit and I COULD NOT GIVE A **** LESS about what is happening over there.

So, because we watch American programs, and movies, that means all we care about is the utopia known as the US of A?

How about you keep that, by far and large garbage, over there?

Or, how about you guys stop this crazy nose dive? Let's see something positive to watch about America.

Pull the stick back.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:02 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
He's clearly lying lol. Or if he is telling the truth does he not have anything else to talk about other than boosting his countries ego!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World