Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:32 AM

141 posts, read 204,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I didn't mention the USA, but there again I didnt mention 98% of the world, Im just wondering why are you asking for a reason for the USA in particular?
Because USA is the most famous and powerful country in the world, and it has very famous cities and places, landmarks, hollywood, etc. it is also very large country and international recognized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 08:54 AM

14,830 posts, read 12,101,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olamm View Post
Because USA is the most famous and powerful country in the world, and it has very famous cities and places, landmarks, hollywood, etc. it is also very large country and international recognized.
There are a lot of 'famous' countries in the world, with a lot of 'landmarks' there are also countless 'famous cities and places' that are not in the US, are you American by any chance? America probably wouldnt be in my top 20 countries to visit - but before you start worrying its not because I have anything 'against' the USA, in fact it doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to visit because I would. In fact I would love to visit 90% of the world and the reasons that I don't choose the US in my top 5 is nothing to do with having any type of 'dislike' to the place.

Being British I would like to experience a totally different culture like China, Brazil has always excited me I would love to experience a Brazilian carnival and also wish I could attend the World Cup (again being British means I have a love for football), Brazil is such a 'mix' of cultures I would like to experience the 'vibe'. Canada is such a big, mainly remote place I would adore to explore the never ending forests and lakes if I could 'camp' anywhere it would be Canada (I don't think I could survive a Canadian winter though so it would need to be a summer visit!). As for Kenya, this is the place I would most like to see - specifically the Serengeti (Masai Mara) national park, I want to see the 'cradle of mankind'. Other picks would be New Zealand, Australia, India and other South American countries. Like I said just because other Euro nations or the US are not my first choices it doesn't mean I wouldnt love to travel to these places as well! Ps if I was given a choice of a visit to the US I would probably choose Hawaii.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,559,946 times
Not in order:
UK
France
US
at least one country in sub-Saharan Africa
Italy

Old 07-09-2013, 09:00 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,536,787 times
France, Germany, USA, South Korea, South Africa

Old 07-09-2013, 02:23 PM

141 posts, read 204,738 times
Quote:
There are a lot of 'famous' countries in the world, with a lot of 'landmarks' there are also countless 'famous cities and places' that are not in the US, are you American by any chance? America probably wouldnt be in my top 20 countries to visit - but before you start worrying its not because I have anything 'against' the USA, in fact it doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to visit because I would. In fact I would love to visit 90% of the world and the reasons that I don't choose the US in my top 5 is nothing to do with having any type of 'dislike' to the place.

Being British I would like to experience a totally different culture like China, Brazil has always excited me I would love to experience a Brazilian carnival and also wish I could attend the World Cup (again being British means I have a love for football), Brazil is such a 'mix' of cultures I would like to experience the 'vibe'. Canada is such a big, mainly remote place I would adore to explore the never ending forests and lakes if I could 'camp' anywhere it would be Canada (I don't think I could survive a Canadian winter though so it would need to be a summer visit!). As for Kenya, this is the place I would most like to see - specifically the Serengeti (Masai Mara) national park, I want to see the 'cradle of mankind'. Other picks would be New Zealand, Australia, India and other South American countries. Like I said just because other Euro nations or the US are not my first choices it doesn't mean I wouldnt love to travel to these places as well! Ps if I was given a choice of a visit to the US I would probably choose Hawaii.

Wow.... Just wow.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:46 PM

519 posts, read 1,025,972 times
If you wanted to get a comprehensive look at planet Earth, then China, France, the US, Nigeria (or possibly Egypt), and Brazil would be a good list. There is no way you can get even a picture of the world and all its people from just 5 countries, but those 5 wouldn't be a bad start.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:59 PM

63 posts, read 90,985 times
USA Italy Canada China and Britain

Old 07-09-2013, 05:14 PM

824 posts, read 3,617,154 times
My list

Sweden
Norway
Denmark
Netherlands
Finland

Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 AM

14,830 posts, read 12,101,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olamm View Post

Wow.... Just wow.
Why wow....just wow?????

Old 07-10-2013, 12:54 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,999,107 times
Quote:
Why wow....just wow?????
Someone sound the troll alert against olamm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World