U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 09:53 PM

6,490 posts, read 12,178,749 times

Advertisements

There is plenty of countries easily finding a balance for having cultural wealth together with economic wealth, being successful and having vibrancy for culture and economy. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive and they are easily able to unite together for cultural wealth and economic wealth.

These are some countries finding a successful balance for being culturally wealthy and economically wealthy at the same time: France, Switzerland, Austria, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong part of China, South Korea, USA, Canada, Australia, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, UK, Germany, Czech Republic.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 11:03 PM

31,414 posts, read 30,177,074 times
There are a lot of small European countries that could probably qualify. Trinidad also has both, but it has some pretty terrible crime levels (though maybe Trinidad gets something from being particularly culturally wealthy and influential for its tiny size). Israel has a pretty good argument, too. I think the thing is that it's easier to set a sort of baseline for economically wealthy, but it's harder to set something for what's culturally wealthy.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
There are a lot of small European countries that could probably qualify. Trinidad also has both, but it has some pretty terrible crime levels (though maybe Trinidad gets something from being particularly culturally wealthy and influential for its tiny size). Israel has a pretty good argument, too. I think the thing is that it's easier to set a sort of baseline for economically wealthy, but it's harder to set something for what's culturally wealthy.
What “small” European countries are you referring to? Luxembourg, Monaco, Andorra, Liechtenstein, etc or are you saying the much larger European countries? Why were you not able to say the exact European countries in this topic?

I don’t see most of the smallest European countries: Luxembourg, Andorra etc. qualifying for being culturally wealthy and economically at the same time. They just lack their own unique national identity, including for culture. Monaco is the exception, even if they just mostly copy France.

You seem to have an overly idealistic view of the Caribbean and forgot to say the entire name for the country: Trinidad and Tobago. I don’t see how this Caribbean country would be unique compared to other areas of the Caribbean.

However, maybe Israel is able to qualify and having the rich ancient history, and cultural vibrancy, even if having tension with neighboring countries in the Middle East. Israel is also much more economically wealthy than some people realize.

You probably agree with my list, especially for the Asian countries.

Yes, there is more set, easier to know standards for figuring out if a place is economically wealthy and noticeably more obscure, elusive, and enigmatic for knowing very well if a place is culturally wealthy.

I am not sure why some people get overly paranoid, negative, and think the same place can't easily have cultural wealth and economic wealth at the same time.

There is plenty of countries easily finding a balance for having cultural wealth together with economic wealth, being successful and having vibrancy for culture and economy. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive and they are easily able to unite together in the same region of the world.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:53 PM

264 posts, read 477,185 times
What do you mean by "culturally wealthy"? I am proud of our culture, but I would like to know what you mean when you say "culturally wealthy". Do you have a definition of that?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 PM

12,654 posts, read 12,615,569 times
Could Argentina be considered a balanced country? If not now, then 15 years ago, before the economic upheaval?

Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiri View Post
What do you mean by "culturally wealthy"? I am proud of our culture, but I would like to know what you mean when you say "culturally wealthy". Do you have a definition of that?
For culturally wealthy, this is based on plenty of characteristics and personality traits: Lifestyle, Education, People Scene, Variation of Culture, Unique Culture, Celebrations, Tradition, Festivals, Literature, Philosophy, Food Scene, Architecture, Music Scene, Museums, Art Scene, Theater, Languages, Independent Cafe Bar Scene, Home Decorating Design Items, Spirituality. This is all connected to the vast, intricate amount of variation for the symbols of cultural wealth. Another feature of cultural wealth is related to quality, balance, stability, cultural image, and not just variation, diversity, quantity for the important characteristics and personality traits.

For economically wealthy, this is based on job opportunities in the best careers, average per capita annual income, cost of living ratio to annual income: purchasing power, percentage of population being middle class, wealthy upper class, and to what level the economy functions well in a place and positively contributing to some forms of development having to rely on the economy.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Could Czech Republic or Argentina be considered a balanced country? If not now, then 15 years ago, before the economic upheaval?
Well, I view Czech Republic, and Argentina being very balanced, ranking well for having cultural wealth, and probably reaching a relatively successful balance for cultural wealth together with economic wealth. They have a good future. I know I would enjoy living in those countries, including for visiting. However, you and the other poster are just asking my view of these countries related to this topic.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:55 AM

12,654 posts, read 12,615,569 times
Hey, that's not what I originally said!

Old 07-27-2013, 06:09 PM

351 posts, read 642,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post

You seem to have an overly idealistic view of the Caribbean and forgot to say the entire name for the country: Trinidad and Tobago. I don’t see how this Caribbean country would be unique compared to other areas of the Caribbean.
Do you know anything about Trinidad or the Caribbean in general? If you did you wouldn't say what you did.

Don't speak about places you know little about.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Hey, that's not what I originally said!
Are you serious with this response? Yikes, some people get overly defensive, angry, or paranoid for no reason. What I quoted from you is exactly what you said in your question... I just decided to also include another country, Czech Republic, in your question to compare, and the previous poster was wondering how Czech Republic would rank in this topic.

You received a perfect, well said response, and showing negativity to me for no reason. I usually ignore negativity in responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World