Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:17 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times

Advertisements

I am Canadian, my mom's side is Francophone, my dad's seems pretty Anglo. I am white.

The countries where I felt I was treated exceptionally well were:

India, Nicaragua, and Mexico. Maybe it's weird to say Spain, but I found after you are introduced to someone they will talk your ear off in high spirits.

most were unremarkable and the only one that left me feeling really sour was Egypt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 09:29 AM

321 posts, read 400,267 times
Nationality/Etniticy:
Italian

Treated me well:
Pretty much all the countries I have been to, including my own

Most genuine, welcoming people: Laos everywhere, Thailand and Czech Republic outside of major tourist hubs, UK outside of London

Treated me poorly: found some jackasses here and there, but no big deal really. Actually when I was younger and travelling with friends, I many times acted as a total j*rk and yet did not suffer any more than some funny stares

Old 04-08-2015, 03:51 AM

502 posts, read 655,295 times
1. What is your nationality? Spanish
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage? Spanish
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well? All of them, especially Italy, Japan, USA, Mexico
4. Which countries have treated you poorly? None. Jerks everywhere, but 99% of interactions in any country where pleasant.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:00 PM

106 posts, read 237,310 times
What is your nationality? USA
Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well? Kenya, UK
Which countries have treated you poorly? Canada (airport only)

Old 04-13-2015, 01:56 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
What is your nationality ? France
What country has treated you poorly ? Algeria, Morocco,a part of Spain (Catalonia), Belgium
What country has treated you average ? NL, UK, Italy , Thailand, CR, Egypt, Creta (Greece), Switzerland, former Yugoslavia, Luxemburg
What country has treated you well ? USA, Mexico, Philippines, the rest of Spain,HK, Germany

Never been to other countries.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:55 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,532,532 times
1. What is your nationality? American
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage? Scots-Irish, Southern American
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well? Most have been pretty welcoming. Japan and Korea have an almost surreal fanaticism when it comes to courtesy. Vietnam and Thailand are not far behind. Istanbul was great. Jordan was also very hospitable. I've been to a couple small African countries and the people were quite friendly. Russians can be much friendlier than their reputation indicates. Belgium might be the most polite European country I've been to so far.
4. Which countries have treated you poorly? I don't know about the rest of Austria but the Viennese need to loosen up. South Africa is a beautiful country but it gave me bad vibes. The hotel staff acted as if it were a war zone and looked at me as if I'd lost my mind when I went out walking a half block to the grocery store. I received a tour from an Afrikaaner cabbie who spoke endlessly about how fearful they are of retaliation and a father and son I was working with talked about two recent murders of family members.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:10 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,014,676 times
-I am American (From Boston MA)
-I am of Portuguese and Irish ancestry. Going into the nitty gritty a little bit of Spaniard and Scottish.

-Best Countries by Hospitality?
1) Ireland: Mostly because we are from Boston. They love Bostonians. Other than that, everyone here is amazing. Truly a great country. Never will take away thehospitality they gave us during our stay.
2) Canada: For being the the less attractive, gun loving neighbor... I thought they would hate us. But Canadians gave us another amazing experience.
3) Portugal
4) Netherlands
5) Aruba: Mostly this is because weve been ther 9+ times and they love Boston Sports Fans cause of Boegarts.

Worst Countries by Hospitality?
1) Switzerland: Ive never met such rude people. Few exceptions of course.. but holy crap.

2) Italy: This was hard. Because after Italy, its a huge dropoff to ehh hospitality.
3) Curacao: Sometimes people here got angry for no reason at different people. It was kind of strange.
4) China: Neither good or bad hospitality... just average.
5) Czech Republic: Even though its #5 on worst, its now on the positive side since Ive had more good experiences than not.

Again 95% of countries I have been to have treated me with great. Just dont act like a tourist and youll be fine.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:20 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
short survey

1. What is your nationality?
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage?
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well?
4. Which countries have treated you poorly?
1. American
2. English, Irish, German
3. Thailand, UK, China, Peru, Spain, Austria, Switzerland
4. Saudi, Italy, South Korea, Kuwait, Russia
5. Neutral - Azerbaijian, Hungary, Georgia, Mexico

Old 08-09-2019, 06:44 PM

1,045 posts, read 759,397 times
1. What is your nationality? American.
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage? Biracial but I just call myself Black, it's easier.
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well? It was the people, not the countries. England, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Monaco, Czech Republic & especially Germany.
4. Which countries have treated you poorly? Spain, France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein. I wouldn't say I was poorly treated, more like just so-so service I received from the people in those countries.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:52 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
1/2. American/White
3. Algeria, Syria, Iran. Taiwan, Myanmar, Somalia, Australia, Colombia.
4. Europe' It has been overrun with travelers for so long, they are treated like commuters. Just passing through, not worthy of any notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World