Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,913,123 times

Advertisements

You are instantly recognisable when you come out with this line despite being on your fiftieth user name. If you can't get over your obsession, it will destroy you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 09:10 AM

133 posts, read 250,842 times
So I say that the French are known for being xenophobic and hateful towards foreign looking people and now I am some banned user. Wow take a chill pill people I simply said what is factual unless otherwise proven incorrect.

Then again your location is that from 1984, you don't value free speech.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:16 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,370,735 times
So, it's a fact that the French are hateful and xenophobic? I thought you have never been to Europe?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:18 AM

17,707 posts, read 17,936,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
short survey

1. What is your nationality? American
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage? Cajun/Acadian
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well? Italy, Spain, Malta, Greece, Israel, Bulgaria
4. Which countries have treated you poorly?
FRANCE!

There may be some places in France where people are friendly and willing to make an attempt to communicate with someone who isn't fluent in French language, but I didn't see it in the few places I visited. Most other countries, the locals were willing to at least make an effort to communicate despite the language barrier. Sometimes I fell back on what little French I knew and it helped. Most times we all had fun trying to communicate. But in France, the attitude I was met with by the majority of the people I saw left me with a horrible taste of the land of my ancestors.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
FRANCE!

There may be some places in France where people are friendly and willing to make an attempt to communicate with someone who isn't fluent in French language, but I didn't see it in the few places I visited. Most other countries, the locals were willing to at least make an effort to communicate despite the language barrier. Sometimes I fell back on what little French I knew and it helped. Most times we all had fun trying to communicate. But in France, the attitude I was met with by the majority of the people I saw left me with a horrible taste of the land of my ancestors.
LOL

right in time too huh

but hey, all of the French users will play denial or sarcasm, I have known from MANY first hand experiences that the French aren't the kindest people in the world. Would HATE to go there.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
So, it's a fact that the French are hateful and xenophobic? I thought you have never been to Europe?
I have met quite a few French people and plenty of them have had racist and hateful things to say about Arabs and Asians. Going by personal experience on that.

Coupled in with online discussions and having talked to some Arabs that have lived there, I can say it is a statement that many who know about the situation can agree on.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,019,741 times
Quote:
short survey

1. What is your nationality?
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage?
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well?
I am an American white female. Egypt treated me the BEST! The people were kind, courteous, willing to help in any way possible. Of course this was back in the early 90's. I would not go back now. However, I can't say enough nice things about the Egyptian people.

The worst country was Switzerland. Also visited them in the early 90's. They were very anti semetic and unfriendly to Americans...

Old 07-27-2013, 10:04 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,349,548 times
Quote:
short survey

1. What is your nationality?
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage?
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well?
As you may or may not be aware, typically when a poll or survey is proffered it is only polite to be the first to participate in the short survey.

So SW, questions 1, 2, 3, and 4 await you and...inquiring minds want to know.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 07-27-2013, 10:49 AM

6,477 posts, read 8,244,333 times
1. What is your nationality? Norwegian
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage? Norwegian
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well? Pretty much all of them, France and Italy included.
4. Which countries have treated you poorly? Only people in New York City, USA. It must be the jerk capital of the World. I still like the city, though.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
1. What is your nationality? Norwegian
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage? Norwegian
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well? Pretty much all of them, France and Italy included.
4. Which countries have treated you poorly? Only people in New York City, USA. It must be the jerk capital of the World. I still like the city, though.
I somehow find most Scandinavians to be laid back and cool people, like really kind and accepting compared to other Europeans, why is that?

This is experience online and in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World