Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 04:21 AM

1,327 posts, read 2,610,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
Not just Paris, it is just that the French IMO are pretty hateful towards anyone that is Arabic or Asian and I speak from lots of experience here. Whether it is Northern France or Southern France, the French in general are very xenophobic and racist people.
You can't speak of experience because you have never been in France.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 10:03 AM

133 posts, read 250,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
You can't speak of experience because you have never been in France.
But wait you also said I have never met any french people.

Its okay keep living in denial, you don't have to believe me but readers will believe the very many people on this thread that have talked about how bad the French are.

=)

Old 07-30-2013, 12:21 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,228,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
But wait you also said I have never met any french people.

Its okay keep living in denial, you don't have to believe me but readers will believe the very many people on this thread that have talked about how bad the French are.

=)

Old 07-30-2013, 04:34 PM

270 posts, read 594,019 times
I was never eager to visit France. Mainly because of all these prejudices you hear about rude and racist people there, who are unwilling/unable to speak something different than French. But a previous Bf just "kidnapped" me and took me to Paris. I didn't meet one single rude person there. Everybody was so nice.

Of course it helped a lot that my Bf was Belgian and spoke French fluently, but as soon as they recognized that I had some trouble understanding, they switched to English.

The only a little negative thing were flirty guys on the street. They didn't care at all that I was with my Fiancé. Almost as "bad" as in Italy.

To answer the question:

1. German/Skandinavian
2. Caucasian
3. NZ, Israel, GB, Italy, Austria, Greece, Thailand, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Turkey
4. Switzerland, Albania, Poland, China, Tunesia

Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM

133 posts, read 250,520 times
I think experience varies based on gender. Lets say a good looking Latina goes to France, she will be swarmed by male attention and treated well. A good looking Latino guy goes to France, he will receive poor treatment because the men there see him as a threat.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:38 AM

70 posts, read 111,340 times
1. What is your nationality
American
2. What is your ethnicity/heritage?
I am of Salvadorean Descent.
3. Which countries have made you feel welcome and treated you well? Thailand, Cambodia, Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Italy, Germany, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, England, France, Japan, Belgium
4. Which countries have treated you poorly? Austria, Italy (Northern)

France surprise me in many ways and found the people to be extremely friendly and helpful.
I found people in Austria to be unhelpful when it came for their assistance and didn't feel welcome at all.
People in Northern Italy were rude and very snotty. Felt like I was a outsider in that region.

Japan felt like some people were not welcoming to anyone that had darker skins (which I kinda do) but I felt most of the people there were very polite, friendly, and helpful whenever I was lost.
Thailand and Cambodia are my favorite one because everyone that I met were helpful, friendly, and seem to love to engage in conversation which made it easier to get to know the locals.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:44 AM

1,946 posts, read 2,568,302 times

Japan vs America: Safety 【日本 VS アメリカ (安全面)】日英字幕 - YouTube

Old 08-15-2013, 12:40 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,251,499 times
I've been to France many times and I never had any problems. The people in Lille were the friendliest of any place I've ever been too. Kind, patient, eager to help. If you go to France expecting to be treated poorly, maybe that is all you will see.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:35 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,548,820 times
Im argentinian.

Nicest: definitively people from The Netherlands! I love them. Also, southern italians were super nice and welcoming, but Romans were super rude.
Rudest: the people in the Atlanta (USA) airport made me and my friend go through hell when we were 18. But people in Minneapolis were nice, and in general in other parts of USA were nice. Some French people was super rude, and others were very nice.

All in all, the nicest are the dutch.
Rudest? Atlanta airport people.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:01 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,542,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im argentinian.

Nicest: definitively people from The Netherlands! I love them. Also, southern italians were super nice and welcoming, but Romans were super rude.
Rudest: the people in the Atlanta (USA) airport made me and my friend go through hell when we were 18. But people in Minneapolis were nice, and in general in other parts of USA were nice. Some French people was super rude, and others were very nice.

All in all, the nicest are the dutch.
Rudest? Atlanta airport people.
No we're mean, Minneapolis is worse than Atlanta airport.
Stay away from Minneapolis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World