Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Texas Vs Western Australia
Texas 18 62.07%
Western Australia 11 37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:37 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
CotA is a good circuit but the surroundings are bland and boring.
I know, I prefer East Texas and Texas Hill Country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 05:36 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Texas defiantly wins this, western Australia doesn't have a dime on Texas. For those of you that voted for western Australia please tell me how its better?

Old 08-11-2013, 05:48 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
  • Best Resorts: No idea
  • Best Cities/Towns: Texas
  • Natural Beauty: W Australia
  • Nightlife: Texas (Austin?)
  • Weather: W Australia
  • Safety: W Australia
  • History: Neither
  • Culture: W Australia
No words.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:41 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Anyway I knew a friend that went to Texas and she is from Europe and she did not like it, she much prefered Australia and decided to move out here and lives in Western Australia now.

Yet I know a work collegue and she visited Texas for the first time and loved it.

My brother went to Western Australia Kimberley region (rainforest region) and he loved it.

Texas and Western Australia are not very similar as there are more people in Texas than the whole of Australia. There is only one city in Western Australia and that is Perth. Perth is the most isolated city in the world. Perth is not very appealing for me. Yet the Kimberley region is much more appealing than Perth.

I stater that the cities in Texas are better.

Yet I would have to say the natural beauty is better in Western Australia due to the Kimberely region. That is in contrast for most of Western Australia which is covered in desert.

The nightlife in Texas would be better as there are more people and more places to go at night in the cities to choose from.

The weather in Western Australia is better, especially in places such as Perth and places south of Perth.

Safety is better in Western Australia than Texas.

Texas is older than Western Australia and it used to be part of Mexico and Spain. Yet Western Australia used to only be part of the UK.

I would say the culture of Texas and Western Australia is a tie.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:46 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Anyway I knew a friend that went to Texas and she is from Europe and she did not like it, she much prefered Australia and decided to move out here and lives in Western Australia now.

Yet I know a work collegue and she visited Texas for the first time and loved it.

My brother went to Western Australia Kimberley region (rainforest region) and he loved it.

Texas and Western Australia are not very similar as there are more people in Texas than the whole of Australia. There is only one city in Western Australia and that is Perth. Perth is the most isolated city in the world. Perth is not very appealing for me. Yet the Kimberley region is much more appealing than Perth.

I stater that the cities in Texas are better.

Yet I would have to say the natural beauty is better in Western Australia due to the Kimberely region. That is in contrast for most of Western Australia which is covered in desert.

The nightlife in Texas would be better as there are more people and more places to go at night in the cities to choose from.

The weather in Western Australia is better, especially in places such as Perth and places south of Perth.

Safety is better in Western Australia than Texas.

Texas is older than Western Australia and it used to be part of Mexico and Spain. Yet Western Australia used to only be part of the UK.

I would say the culture of Texas and Western Australia is a tie.
Nah the Spanish culture is far better than the UK.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Nah the Spanish culture is far better than the UK.
That is a matter of personal opinion. I don't find Spanish or British culture better than another. Anyway Western Australia hosts one of the oldest cultures in the world and they are the native Aboriginals. There are parts of that state where even they live largely in their traditional state and speak their own languages. The have been there longer than the Native Americans in America.

Last edited by other99; 08-11-2013 at 09:19 PM..

Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,266,364 times
I think Texas wins this one.

Texas has about the same population as all of Australia, I think

Now if it was New South Wales.....Texas might not win that battle

Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
I'm from WA and I've been to Texas so I think I can give an informed opinion. They're really pretty difficult to compare: WA is the largest state in Australia and 2.5 million km2, which is 4 times the size of Texas, the largest state in the lower 48. Both I suppose have a lot of wide open spaces, are thought of as arid and kind of wild, with a kind of redneck culture. I only really went to Austin and Lubbock...Austin is kind of like Perth superficially, but of course culturally they're very different. Both Perth and Texan cities are really sprawling and car-dominated. I don't find most of Texas' natural scenery that exciting compared to other states, i think the mountains in the west and the hill country are nice. WA's best assets are the Southwest, Pilbara and Kimberley. It's an incredibly remote but spiritual place.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:48 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,740,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
I think Texas wins this one.

Texas has about the same population as all of Australia, I think

Now if it was New South Wales.....Texas might not win that battle
Why? After reading this thread Texas seems to be a small over-crowded little place that's lost track of its frontier heritage.....

More seriously, WA has has some great places if you're into surf or wine culture.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Some of the best beaches in the world are here in Western Australia. It is a vast state that is completely different down south than the northern part. I don't see any comparison with Texas at all.

Texas would fit into Western Australia 4 times.

Western Australia has two distinct variations in seasons. The southern half of the state, which includes Perth, experiences the four seasons of spring, summer, autumn and winter whereas the northern half of the state has two seasons; “the wet” and “the dry”.

It has some of the most unique scenery that you will see no where else on the planet. It is really not comparable to anywhere else.

Western Australia is diverse.

http://www.greataussieholidays.com.a...r-sw-8R59.html
Cable Beach, Western Australia
Broome and Beyond
Destination - Tourism Western Australia
Kalgoorlie - Western Australian Goldfields - Nullarbor Travel Guide

Last edited by Bernie20; 08-14-2013 at 10:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World