Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Texas Vs Western Australia
Texas 18 62.07%
Western Australia 11 37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:53 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,978,718 times

Advertisements

I would have said the Australian equivalent to Texas is New South Wales. Both occupy roughly the same latitudes, have very similar geography and climate distribution (desert west, grassland center, wet east, subtropical north/south)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Texas defiantly wins this, western Australia doesn't have a dime on Texas. For those of you that voted for western Australia please tell me how its better?
I get the feeling most of the people that voted for either option are citizens of their respective countries, or in WA's case, lot of Brits voting for it. That's just my speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 12:24 PM

1,946 posts, read 2,567,743 times
Texas

Yu Darvish strikes out 15 Astros - YouTube

Comfort Women memorial in Glendale, California, the lies continue - YouTube

Last edited by japanese001; 08-15-2013 at 12:33 PM..

Old 08-28-2014, 11:58 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,997,994 times
WA.

Less populated, much more nature (preferably desert)...

Old 08-29-2014, 01:38 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,482,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Anyway I knew a friend that went to Texas and she is from Europe and she did not like it, she much prefered Australia and decided to move out here and lives in Western Australia now.

Yet I know a work collegue and she visited Texas for the first time and loved it.

My brother went to Western Australia Kimberley region (rainforest region) and he loved it.

Texas and Western Australia are not very similar as there are more people in Texas than the whole of Australia. There is only one city in Western Australia and that is Perth. Perth is the most isolated city in the world. Perth is not very appealing for me. Yet the Kimberley region is much more appealing than Perth.

I stater that the cities in Texas are better.

Yet I would have to say the natural beauty is better in Western Australia due to the Kimberely region. That is in contrast for most of Western Australia which is covered in desert.

The nightlife in Texas would be better as there are more people and more places to go at night in the cities to choose from.

The weather in Western Australia is better, especially in places such as Perth and places south of Perth.

Safety is better in Western Australia than Texas.

Texas is older than Western Australia and it used to be part of Mexico and Spain. Yet Western Australia used to only be part of the UK.

I would say the culture of Texas and Western Australia is a tie.

What about the South-West region and areas like Margaret River? It is a vast state and has lots of different regions. I think people underestimate the beauty of this huge state. Compare the coastline of Western Australia to Texas for example - no comparison. I won't add too many pictures but people can research Western Australia to get some idea of the diversity of the place. There is no place on earth like the Pilbara and Kimberley areas. Western Australia also has some unique flaura and fauna.

http://www.westernaustralia-travelle...s-mid-west.jpg

http://www.aptouring.com.au/~/media/...pg?h=250&w=730

http://www.australiastockphotos.com/...hp011d_(1).jpg

http://tourdublog.com/wp-content/gal...a/img_9978.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-02-2014 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Copyright issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World