Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is overall better and nicer?
United Kingdom 42 40.78%
California 61 59.22%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 05:27 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,214,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
To be fair though, the Kardashians are hardly the "average" women of Socal, and their popularity is boosted and maintained by fools all over the US; they just happen to live here, due in part to the fact that it's a media epicenter.

Also, CA is a huge state - as someone pointed out, you can fit the whole UK into CA with room to spare - and the differences between a super-rich Persian girl from Beverly Hills, a bottle blonde from Irvine, a chola from East LA, a vegan Cal student in Berkeley, a Vietnamese-American girl from Westminster, a surfer chick from San Diego, a bro-ho from the 909, a Christian farmgirl from Bakersfield, an educated black woman from Oakland, a hula-hooping hippie chick from Mendocino, a Chinese-American girl from San Francisco, a horse trainer from Angel's Camp, a semi-pro volleyball player from Newport Beach, and a hood chick from Compton are about as massive as the differences between a London woman who works in finance and lives in a posh flat, and a woman who lives on a farm in Doolin and everything between.
Okay I kind of forgot this was California, I was basing the women on los Angeles, but yes California defiantly is not on average kardashian now LA is. Hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 08:39 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,019 times

Old 09-08-2013, 12:03 PM

936 posts, read 3,190,345 times
I just want to make a statement without voting. I went to London in September last year. It is perhaps my favorite city on earth, or at least, out of the dozens of cities I've been to. I live in San Diego and I cannot trade our micro-climates for UK living. Driving west to east in 20 minute intervals, I can experience coastal scenery and weather, inland scenery and weather, mountain scenery and weather, and desert scenery and weather. I don't think you can really do that anywhere else on earth.

Last edited by SouthCali4LifeSD; 09-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: clarifying that i did not vote since both places are incredible!

Old 09-08-2013, 12:08 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,545,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
I just want to make a statement without voting. I went to London in September last year. It is perhaps my favorite city on earth, or at least, out of the dozens of cities I've been to. I live in San Diego and I cannot trade our micro-climates for UK living. Driving west to east in 20 minute intervals, I can experience coastal scenery and weather, inland scenery and weather, mountain scenery and weather, and desert scenery and weather. I don't think you can really do that anywhere else on earth.
Are you claiming London is typical of all UK climates?

I have the sea on my doorstep and mountains all around. No desert but don't feel I'm missing a thing.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:45 PM

30 posts, read 58,574 times
California is superior in just about every aspect. Plus I can't stand the UK's climate.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:14 PM

6,562 posts, read 12,044,134 times
Overall, the UK especially London. It's in my top 4 favorite cities in the world. As for women, there is something about the accent and the way the British women dress, and the classy/sophisticated vibe they put off that I find sexy.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:55 AM

468 posts, read 615,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
You can do that in Australia. We have deserts, we have mountains, we have tropical savannas

Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,193 times
I lived in California for 4 years, moved to London for a year, then moved back to CA for about 1.5 years. I now live in Hawaii. Since I've left London, I've wanted nothing more than to go back. That's right, I live in Hawaii and would still give it up in a heartbeat to move back to London.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 AM

4 posts, read 4,053 times
California. The cities there are all very nice and the people are too. UK doesn't get enough sunshine.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:56 AM

4 posts, read 4,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyeve View Post
You can do that in Australia. We have deserts, we have mountains, we have tropical savannas
You can't move to Australia freely. There's a lot of regulation about moving to Australia. It's very hard. But if I could then yes, I'd move to Sydney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World