U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 AM

5,929 posts, read 9,494,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
São Paulo has three things which I specially like: the cultural life, the availability of services 24h per day (like NYC: 'a city which never sleeps') and the public parks. Definitively it will never rank amongst the most boring cities in the world.

I feel the same about Buenos Aires (except for public parks), it should be in every ranking about "fun" cities cause theres something happening all the time and is chaotic and crazy and vibrant and you could never be boring here. And the 24 h thing is amazing: i have a 24 hour drugstore open in my same block, alongside with a kiosk and 3 bars. All night long all days of the week. It actually gives me peace and help me go to sleep peacefully: knowing that outhere the world is still moving non stop.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 12:08 PM

14,870 posts, read 19,511,228 times
I love in a Suburban city called Woodbury.
Very safe, quiet and peaceful. Amazing infrastructure, Lots of city parks, 10 minute drive to Downtown Saint Paul. 10 minutes drive in the opposit direction and you are in the Saint Croix River Valley.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Old 10-07-2013, 06:47 PM

2,384 posts, read 6,426,326 times
My city ( place where I was born and raised ) is just small and undeveloped unlike the capital but I love it and sometimes I dream of entering politics and run for Mayor because I have so many dreams for my beloved city since the government in the Philippines only think about the capital. Anyways, what I love about my city :

People ( friendly and easy to talk to for help/ favours )
Small so it is easy to get around
As it is small, everybody knows everyone especially if you have a social life
Cultural Festivities
Near the famous beach Boracay ( considered to be one of the best Paradise beaches in the world and awarded 2012 best Island in the world by international magazine Travel + Leisure

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boracay

Quiet not like the capital

Old 10-09-2013, 05:20 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,149,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I feel the same about Buenos Aires (except for public parks), it should be in every ranking about "fun" cities cause theres something happening all the time and is chaotic and crazy and vibrant and you could never be boring here. And the 24 h thing is amazing: i have a 24 hour drugstore open in my same block, alongside with a kiosk and 3 bars. All night long all days of the week. It actually gives me peace and help me go to sleep peacefully: knowing that outhere the world is still moving non stop.
SP has actually more similarities to BA than to any other brazilian city. Although BA wins in terms of beautiful architecture, it looks more 'european'.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM

41 posts, read 229,688 times
I live in Cebu, the Philippines' 2nd largest city after Manila and is more touristy than the capital. I love my city because it is just a small city and getting around is very much easy and less hassle compared to Manila. It has everything that I actually need. I love the balance of cosmopolitan and at the same time a laidback kind of atmosphere in the city where it is just minutes away from beautiful beaches and cool mountain retreats.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 PM

1,800 posts, read 2,672,965 times
I live in a rural area in Tasmania,
Cherry and apple orchards and wineries with views of Mt. Wellington
Friendly community,
Quiet and safe, beautiful walks. Lots of wildelife, Wallabies, Quoll's, Possums, Black Cockatoos, Kookaburras and many more.
20 mins. drive from white sandy beaches.
40 mins. to Airport.
Local town 10 mins. away for supermarket shopping.
A great feeling of community spirit, unlike city living.
Not a lot for young people though unless they are into outdoor activities.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:35 AM

22,111 posts, read 23,314,677 times
Washington, D.C. - my favorites:

- It is the wealthiest metropolitan area in the United States based on household income

- Virginia and Maryland have 7 of the top 10 highest income counties in the United States

- Tourist attractions like the White House, the U.S. Capitol, Washington Monument, the Smithsonian museums, National Gallery of Art, memorials of Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, the Roosevelt presidents and Martin Luther King, Jr., etc.

- Vibrant neighborhoods like Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Adams Morgan, Penn Quarter, etc.

- Pretty much everything you could want to do is available in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia:

restaurants from every corner of the world, great schools and universities, sailing, kayaking, shooting ranges, hunting, wineries and vineyards, hiking and rock climbing in mountains, caverns, theme parks and rollercoasters, historic tours, American civil war reenactments, horse racing and horseback riding, rodeos and wild west shows, pumpkin patches, hayrides and farm animals, Dutch country, Renaissance festivals, concert arenas and all major league sports and soccer, parasailing and jet-skiing on the ocean, skydiving, cruises to the Caribbean, military bases and secret service, rocket launches from Wallop's island, NASA headquarters, international airports with direct flights to cities all over the world, and on and on. You get the picture.

- Washington, D.C. is located on the east coast - the most economically wealthy and developed region in the United States. 68 million people live in the states from Virginia to Massachusetts - around the same population as the United Kingdom or France.

Impressed yet? :-)

Old 10-25-2013, 08:57 AM

6,811 posts, read 9,587,673 times
The museums, the government stuff, and to be honest, I live in a country where most of our cities are cookie cutter carbon copies of each other, so it's nice to be in one of the more "standout" places of this country.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 10-25-2013 at 09:08 AM..

Old 10-25-2013, 04:20 PM

3,400 posts, read 4,956,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Lyoko View Post
The museums, the government stuff, and to be honest, I live in a country where most of our cities are cookie cutter carbon copies of each other, so it's nice to be in one of the more "standout" places of this country.
...which is??

Old 08-16-2014, 02:40 AM

11,493 posts, read 10,320,833 times
Our parks and gardens are beautiful. They're the best things about Sydney. We have so many of them, and not just in Sydney CBD but outside in the suburbs too (here, they dominate). Like the rest of Australia, Sydney is more about nature and parks.

Auburn Botanical Gardens (Japanese Gardens):

Sugarloaf Ridge Lookout, Horsley Park (can you see the Sydney skyline in background?)

Yellow Rock lookout, Penrith:

Chinese Gardens, Doonside
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World