U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 10:19 AM

9,268 posts, read 6,327,442 times

Advertisements

Also for here - the parks... culture and the underground system which is relatively good. Lots of diversity in places to eat etc as well. I feel like a tourist even though I live here which I love
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 01:58 PM

7,633 posts, read 6,060,354 times
Taipei:

-Easy to reach (cheap) food and beverages since it's very densely populated.
-Metro system is one of the best in the world.It's really clean and user-friendly.
-Safety.Robbery and pickpockets are rare,violent street crimes are almost unheard of.
-Convenience stores that never close.

I guess that's pretty much it.Everything else is mediocre or bad.

Last edited by Greysholic; 08-16-2014 at 02:07 PM..

Old 08-16-2014, 02:54 PM

15,049 posts, read 10,595,455 times
- it's location by the mountains next to the ocean

- it's parks, not only huge ones like Pacific Spirit and Stanley Park, but the many small ones scattered throughout. Also the fact that in the larger parks you are in forest and feel very far away from anything urban.

- it's restaurant scene where Asian cuisine is top notch and some of the best and most inexpensive sushi in North America.

- the weather. Yes it rains, but summers are usually nice, this one especially. Come autumn I'm ready for a cool drizzly day
in which to curl up by the window and read.

- easy access to hiking, skiing etc.

- our wonderful seawall that encircles downtown and beyond.

- 9 city beaches on my doorstep

- the mix of people. This is common in many cities of course, but I love sitting having a coffee, or a beer and watch the world go by.

- the fact that no freeway cuts through downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World