Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 01:34 AM

302 posts, read 870,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ83 View Post
All four of you can answer my question asked or leave my thread. Thanks!
#1. This question is right up there with "Is the Pope Catholic?" and "Is water wet?"

#2. As a member in good standing of City-Data, I can post in any open thread I want.

#3.

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-04-2013 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: Orphaned, personal attacks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,108,732 times
Seat cars is Spanish right ?

Old 09-04-2013, 02:40 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,362,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Seat cars is Spanish right ?
Yep, but nowadays it's part of the Volkswagen Group.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:54 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,108,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Yep, but nowadays it's part of the Volkswagen Group.
Yes but maybe they still own some of it.
How can it be considered a poor country when it produces cars ?

Old 09-04-2013, 03:07 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,253,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
....Hmm they are clean and nice, but they probably also lack a bit of "soul", don't they? Not typically "Spanish. They seem to be similar to the American suburbia and the gated communities....
Yes, but this seems to be what very many Brits want. Essentially they come to southern Europe looking Britain with sun.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Yes they do but it is a bit out of line for the modern world.
No.

It is a bit out of line for your idea of what the modern world should be.

Good grief, Belfast is a grubby hellhole compared to Madrid or Barcelona. And Enniskillen still thinks the Battle of the Boyne is in progress.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
The house is fine. It looks like a barn conversion to me. Probably very nice on the inside. No different to the rural houses you see dotted across the UK. No idea why you feel justified in your snobbery towards Spain when you live in Northern Ireland, possibly the worst place in western Europe.
The style of architecture is typical of the older houses in rural Spain or Portugal. What conditions are in these houses are and what amenities they may or may not have vary considerably - in my daily observation.

NI, agreed, grim and backward. An English friend returned from a wedding in NI yesterday, it was his first trip. His proclamation was, "My god, that place is hundreds of years behind!" To which I replied, "My friend that place is your place, fix it then."

Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,662,605 times
Quote:
I have been to rural Spain and it is poor sorry. But I live in rural NI and we don't have a difference between rural and city, infact here the rural people are richer except maybe in Belfast.

The houses are absolutely awful. When we went we seen loads of houses that resembled tin huts

I mean look at that: and yes people did live there.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

And this: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

One thing I also noticed is that they don't seem to paint their houses in Spain.

I am not the only one because my mother did say "I don't like living here, I feel guilty because our house is much bigger than the natives". Which it was. We had a normal sized house and they lived in small huts like the one above. Omg and don't get me started about the power, it went off every single day mutiple times which is atrocious. There were also gun shots every single night which was terrfying and I still don't know what it was about.

And actually I love Spain thats why i've been seven times. I just do not want to experience rural life again.
So you're telling me someone actually lives in that last one? Even though it has no windows and is clearly derelict and falling to bits? Did you knock on the door to see if anyone was home?

Sorry, buddy, but you're talking nonsense as you so often do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
The style of architecture is typical of the older houses in rural Spain or Portugal. What conditions are in these houses are and what amenities they may or may not have vary considerably - in my daily observation.

NI, agreed, grim and backward. An English friend returned from a wedding in NI yesterday, it was his first trip. His proclamation was, "My god, that place is hundreds of years behind!" To which I replied, "My friend that place is your place, fix it then."
I bet most English (and Scottish and Welsh) people would be happy to see the back of Northern Ireland.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPAÑOL View Post
The Spanish generalmente not sleep nap, only kids or old people. That is a time that workers have to eat and get back to work to continue working until 8:30-9. In Spain everything is open till late. Spain clearly a developed country, one of the best health systems in the world and free, great infrastructure, good food, good time. Mac15, I do not know what you have against Spain, you see things that others do not see. You have to be more objective though to you not like a country. People are not stupid and you, Mac15, stay in ridiculous as now
I have my choice pretty much of where in the world I might go for medical treatment. When I needed two very special, complicated neuro-surgical procedures on my spine, a doctor and hospital in Barcelona came out in the top ten - above the U.K. or U.S. places on the list. Having the misfortune of needing extensive medical treatment in the past, I have lots of places for comparison, and this hospital in Barcelona was the best place I have ever been to...better than any private hospital in NYC, for example.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:35 AM

80 posts, read 233,680 times
Quote:
I have been to rural Spain and it is poor sorry. But I live in rural NI and we don't have a difference between rural and city, infact here the rural people are richer except maybe in Belfast.

The houses are absolutely awful. When we went we seen loads of houses that resembled tin huts

I mean look at that: and yes people did live there.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

And this: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

One thing I also noticed is that they don't seem to paint their houses in Spain.

I am not the only one because my mother did say "I don't like living here, I feel guilty because our house is much bigger than the natives". Which it was. We had a normal sized house and they lived in small huts like the one above. Omg and don't get me started about the power, it went off every single day mutiple times which is atrocious. There were also gun shots every single night which was terrfying and I still don't know what it was about.

And actually I love Spain thats why i've been seven times. I just do not want to experience rural life again.
You have not been to Spain in your life. The towns in Spain are very careful and well connected with all the comforts of modern life. The house that you show is in ruins, nobody lives there and for that is in ruins. The other is a set of electricity or maintenance, lol.

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1315/4...8a69bca3_z.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-05-2013 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Rude, copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World